“Nothing special” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Barsey Hotel

You added Warwick Barsey Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick Barsey Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Louise 381-383, Brussels 1050, Belgium (Formerly Hyatt Regency)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #72 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
UK
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel and was not impressed. My colleague had a booking made by our company for the same hotel and when she turned up they could not honour it. Admittedly, they did offer to transfer her to another hotel but as we had to work together we shared the room. The room itself faced the street so it was noisy. The room was a decent size but very stuffy. Opening the window was not an option due to street noise (Avenue Louise is a main road so lots of traffic). The room was ensuite but the toilet was separate to the bath/shower room. The toilet room had no ventilation of any kind, so got quite smelly, and there was no washbasin with the toilet so you had to go in to the shower room to wash your hands. The decor was not to my personal taste, it is very gothic and slightly on the shabby side.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Don't be put off by the low ceilings, and the dark, Agatha Christie-like atmosphere of the lobby. Lots of plush and chintz and little light, it seems more like an old lady's parlor than a modern hotel lobby. It feels like somebody might get murdered before supper...

But once you get over that, the place has a lot going for it.

My room was spacious, and very quiet. Internet ran like a champ (I live in Africa, so perhaps my perception is a bit biased). Staff were helpful and good natured. There are a number of very good restaurants nearby - Le Canterbury, and La Porte des Indes. I did not eat in the hotel. There is also a Carrefour Express just down the street where you can buy the necessaries for a decent breakfast for 5 euros. Coffee in the lounge downstairs is quite good.

It was centrally located for my business activities in Brussels, and I was able to walk to all my meetings within 40 minutes or less. In Nairobi, we hardly ever walk anywhere, so this was a delight for me. There are parks, lakes, swans, greenspace everywhere you walk.

It seems a bit expensive for a bed to sleep in and a desk to work at for a few hours a day, but the calm, quiet atmosphere made my stay very pleasant.

I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, away from the Avenue Louise, are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Foz do Iguacu, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked into the hotel with a group of friends as an ideal location to spend time in Brussels for my brothers birthday over a Friday and Saturday night.

Having driven to Brussels we were pleased to find we could park under the hotel in a secure car park (complimentary during our stay). The hotel reception staff were welcoming and very friendly, in fact over the three days we spent at the hotel I could not fault the staff at all. Nothing was too small a request, I forgot my razor and I was promptly provided with a shaving kit.

The hotel is a nice established hotel, some may say it is a little dated but to me it added to the charm of the hotel. Everything was in working order and well maintained, my room was a street view and the "double glazing" (two sets of doors to the small balcony) was very effective in cutting down any street noise.

My room had two single beds, TV and Mini Bar and a couple of chairs and table. The bathroom was a bath/shower with sink, a separate room was for the WC. Plenty of soap / shampoo / toilet roll was supplied and the room and bathroom was clean.

The hotel is designed so you only really get about 4 rooms in each section which makes it very quiet and this was a great hotel to wake up in with a hangover. There were two lifts (both working) and the option of the stairwell for the fitter people.

The location of the hotel is very good, you are close to a range of amenities, bars in Chatelain. Taxi's to the Grand Plage cost about 13 euro's. Most taxi's knew about the hotel so no problem there.

Breakfast was good with a great selection of fresh fruit / cereals / cooked breakfast and the coffee was excellent. I didn't eat for an evening meal but did snack on a very nice club sandwich.

Price / service / location / staff were all good.

Room Tip: It might be better to take a room away from the road if you are on low floors. I was on the 5th floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
WarwickBarsey, Directeur général at Warwick Barsey Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear EvoqueUK,,
First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor travellers.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our personnel, which, you may rest assured, I will forward with a great pleasure to our team members.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Warwick Barsey Hotel – Brussels!
Best regards

voorschoten,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a great bargain this weekend. Summer in Brussels gives great discounts for 4 and 5 star hotels. Warwick Barsey Hotel is located at the Louisa avenue and has a buss stop close to the hotel. So location wise a good deal. Hotel is funished and decorated in an old englisch style. So lots of brown, carpets, gold and warm red. Room (11 floor) was spacious, clean and a nice view. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was oke with funny detail : a small old fashioned room lamp. Never seen that before. Breakfast was super for only 10 euro's. Tasty bread, cold cuts, cheese, fresh fruits etc. When the temperature is nice (we had lots of rain) the hotel offers an beautiful terrace to have your breakfast. Would have been lovely. Conclusion: good hotel and great deal. Would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AnjaVoorschoten,

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about the Warwick Barsey Hotel - Brussels and I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel has been carefully decorated by the famous French designer Jacques Garcia and I am very pleased that you like it’s decor and location.
I look forward in welcoming you again in Brussels, Capital of Europe.

Kind regards

Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Very nice area round Ixelles lakes & restaurants in Chatelain, received very good service, could do with refreshing the bathrooms otherwise was fine value

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Michl-D,

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor travellers your opinion about our property.
Your positive evaluation of your stay at the Warwick Barsey Hotel - Brussels is very much appreciated. It is only through guest's feedback that we are able to review our procedure of operations objectively and provide standards to meet or exceed our guest's expectations.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in Brussels, I remain,

With kind regards,

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had booked a single night for a twin bedroom for our guests in Brussels. We had delivered a specially prepared welcome gift and card to be delivered to their bedroom prior to arrival. When we met up with our guests and thankfully inquired, they had not received our gift. We found this very disappointing.
Robert Davies

Room Tip: You may need to check your reservation before arrival to make sure all is as you wish.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a friend's birthday party. The location is great with a tram stop two minutes away. Lots of shopping on Avenue Louise too. The staff we very friendly and helpful (forgot a phone charger but they supplied one). We were departing on Sunday after a late night so ran a bit late but it wasn't a problem. No phone calls rushing us out or threatening a late departure charge. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Warwick Barsey Hotel? Share your experiences!