“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels

Bookmark
You added Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels to your Saves list
Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Louise 381-383, Brussels 1050, Belgium (Formerly Hyatt Regency)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #78 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Brussels, Belgium
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had booked a single night for a twin bedroom for our guests in Brussels. We had delivered a specially prepared welcome gift and card to be delivered to their bedroom prior to arrival. When we met up with our guests and thankfully inquired, they had not received our gift. We found this very disappointing.
Robert Davies

Room Tip: You may need to check your reservation before arrival to make sure all is as you wish.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a friend's birthday party. The location is great with a tram stop two minutes away. Lots of shopping on Avenue Louise too. The staff we very friendly and helpful (forgot a phone charger but they supplied one). We were departing on Sunday after a late night so ran a bit late but it wasn't a problem. No phone calls rushing us out or threatening a late departure charge. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I am not exactly what this hotel is trying to accomplish by its worn out and extremely tired interior design. While I can assure I don't know from first hand knowledge, it is reminiscent of a movie depiction of a 1920s Parisian house of ill-repute. No doorman to greet guests, no offer to help with bags to go to the room, and a staff that seems completely indifferent to guests' needs.

I can't quite figure out why anyone would book this hotel--the rooms are dated and the tassled furniture in them is laughable. I would ignore this property if at all possible.

Room Tip: I'm not so sure that they exist.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here & that was one too many. Room was meant to be non - smoking but stank of smoke. Half the lights did not work. Room was on 1st floor; lots of noise from party in conference room. Overall overpriced and very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2012
ampthill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I did not expect to plug in the TV myself in a very dark room and find tape holding the remote together for €228 per night.

Neither did I expect a room opposite a conference suite with a party going on until past midnight. Although my room was no smoking, the conference room across the hall was clearly full of the Cuban cigar appreciation society. My room filled with a choking smoke. Finally the party finished and great now I can sleep? No, the staff then spent the next 2 hours banging and clattering around the place tidying up. How inconsiderate for a hotel!

My only positive comment is that the TV had both BBC1 and BBC2.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
Woodland Hills, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at Warwick Barsey since my business colleague was also staying here and sure wish I had spent the time reviewing first on Trip Advisor. While some of the recent reviews were good, I wonder if we were staying at the same place.

I found the place quite creepy upon first entering because very dark and not at all appealing. Front desk help was fine but then things went south quickly when got into my room. The room was somewhat small, the carpet was a bit grimy, there were stains on the wallpaper (yes, wallpaper), the sink had a big crack in it, the sink drain was loose, and the tub had big chips / dings. My business colleague shared that a cotton ball was used in his room to hold the temperature gauge together. Hey Warwick, I have some scotch tape if you need any help with maintenance.

The final capper was around midnight the person in the room next to me turned their TV on and kept me awake all night. So I used the time wisely and jumped on Trip Advisor and found Hotel Bloom (see my very favorable review of HB on TA) and was sure glad I switched.

As others noted, the location of Warwick was also not good. Somebody noted that the Grand Place was 'very close' but not the case. HB is much closer to the Grand Place. One interesting aspect of the location is there were a few hookers along Louise. They were actually fairly good looking so perhaps Warwick should advertise that because I suppose the quality of the hotel would fit that business model.

In summary, the only reason I did not give the Warwick a 1 star rating is a couple of times in life I have stayed in much worse places but one could argue this hotel should be rated a 1 star.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, go to Hotel Bloom.
St. George's, Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

A clean rather old fashioned hotel with good service and comfortable, spacious bedrooms. I thought the breakfast was expensive and the hotel too far from the center although there is a good tram service from the hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!