“Clean basic and good enough for our needs” 3 of 5 stars

EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #75 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hurstville, Australia
“Clean basic and good enough for our needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel isn't that close to Grand Place especially if you have luggage to navigate from the train station. It is close to Chinatown and the offices though. The hotel is small but clean and very basic which was good enough for our needs. Free Wifi was very useful too especially for tourists.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many times over the last five years. The hotel is ideally situated in the city centre, close to two metro stations and only a few minutes walk from the Grand Place. On my most recent visit (early December 2012) I had a sleepless night due to the noisy air fresheners that have been installed at intervals down the hotel corridors. Every half hour or so they emit a loud buzzing noise that vibrates through the walls and into the hotel rooms. It's very loud, like an alarm clock buzzer going off inside the room. I only realised where the sound was coming from when one of the air fresheners activated as I was leaving the room prior to check out. I hope they sort this out, because it has needlessly spoiled a good hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chatellerault, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Like other ibis hotels the facility of this hotel is good and I was happy during the stay.

But after I return from Brussels I found that my suitcase lock was slightly broken (need a closer look to discover the tampering of the lock) and two perfume bottles are missing from this suitcase. Also some cosmetic items of my wife are also tampered.

Before this experience I have always stayed in ibis hotels thinking this is the safest hotels to stay and also recommended ibis hotel to my friends and relatives for the same reason. So I have not cared that much about the security of my belongings. But this incident has just broken this trust.

I have send mail to report this incident to the corresponding ibis hotel. But they didn't even send any acknowledgement of receiving that mail. This is quite strange.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMIbisBXLcity, Gérant at Ibis Brussels Centre Sainte Catherine, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry you had to wait till the fourth to get an answer but this kind of invastigation needs to meet some persons and the use of specific material (lock reader f.ex.).
We know that every guest thrusts us for its goods in the room and we need to be reliable, no risk can be taken. Therefore we deeply investigated this matter but like I wrote in my previous mail, we are sure no one forced your door or used another key card to get into your room.

My best regards.

Karim Haraké
Operations Manager.
Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here just before xmas to visit the xmas market. The location is excellent, right next to the market. Staff were nice and helpful with directions/suggestions and fixed a problem we had quickly. It's clean. The rooms are really small though, no problem for us as we were just using it to sleep in but it is not a place I would like to hang out in for any great length of time. Got a really good deal probably because all the suits were out of town for xmas.

Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I made the booking at this hotel for a one night. They had a check in time at 12:00 so while booking the hotel from hotels.com i called up their consultant and i asked if i reach early will i be allowed to check in or not? Hotels.com consultant checked with this hotel and told me that early check in is possible if the room is available. I reached at this hotel at 7:30 AM but the staff at the reception simply denied me check in. They said if i want to do early check in then i am suppose to pay the full day room cost i told them is it because the room is not ready then very rudely he said that it is the procedure. I was with my family and that guy was very rude. Ultimately i ended up paying two time for the same room for only one day. I have seen many hotels who allow early check in if their room is ready but this hotel is pathetic. Though it is the center of the city but you can definitely get some better hotel. This hotel is shame i have decided never to stay in IBIS nor to recommend to anyone and best part is i have their loyalty card but still it happened with me.

Room Tip: Check with them about their check in policy and luggage room. They would tell you luggage room is ch...