“A great discovery - perfect for our requirements” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Agenda Louise
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de Florence 6-8 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #101 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Ivychurch, United Kingdom
“A great discovery - perfect for our requirements”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Agenda for a week combining a city trip with visiting friends. We chose this particular hotel for its location and value for money and were not disappointed. We had originally booked one of their apartments nearby in rue Berckmans but a week before we travelled were asked if we would move to the hotel instead and were very happy to be offered an upgrade to an executive suite on the top floor with lovely views. The room was large, well-equipped with a separate kitchen and bathroom.

Buffet breakfast was included in the room rate and served in a cosy dining room off reception - although the room was small and I understand the hotel and apartments were full, we never encountered a seating problem. Food was perfectly adequate - a cold buffet comprising fruit juice, a choice of cereals (muesli, cornflakes, weetabix), breads (brown and white rolls, croissants, currant bread, pain au chocolat), cheese, ham, boiled eggs, fruit salad, yogurt, jams and a variety of teas.

There was free wifi in the bedrooms and apartments as well as a room on the ground floor with two computers which guests could use free of charge. We found connection to be quick and reliable.

The hotel has parking facilities (if I remember correctly they charged 17 euros) but we never had a problem finding free street parking, normally in rue de Florence itself, if not in adjoining roads.

The hotel is just off Ave Louise, a short walk to Place Stephanie and is conveniently located for trams and metros. It takes approx 20 minutes to walk to the Sablon or Grand Place, slightly longer to rue Neuve/City 2 downtown shopping area. It is very near the luxury shopping area of Ave Louise/Toison d'Or. There is a good selection of restaurants within five minutes' walking distance (Belgian, Thai, Japanese, French, Italian, Lebanese . . . ). In the vicinity there is a gym, spa and there is always chance to run in the Bois de la Cambre at the end of Ave Louise or around the Ixelles lakes.

The staff were excellent - courteous, friendly, polite and very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Piraeus, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

The hotel offers exactly what it says. Big, comfortable rooms which provide amenities that sometimes even 4 stars hotels don't offer. Clean, with a decent and fresh breakfast in a small but cosy breakfast area. Location is nice, quiet and safe. The personnel is pleasant and everybody speaks english. Very good value for money for Brussels. The only complaint was a bad smell all over the hotel one day of our stay ( something like gas from the parking downstairs), but was soon away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed three nights over a long weekend. Having taken a red eye from Boston, we arrived a 9:00am and thought we would try to check in early to have a shower. Since we were very early I was not expecting the hotel to allow us to check in but I was very surprised as they let us check in.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I came to Brussel for personal event and this hotel was a nice surprise as i didn't book but just walked in. It turned out to be a comfortable stay in this hotel.
For 3 star hotel, i can see that they try to offer more choices and options to compete with others. It has free Wifi access for the whole building. My room was very nice, quite big.
The bathroom has a good shower and is comfortable but little investment to make it more morden will be great.
The hotel is not in the center but many buses can take u anywhere to do shopping or eating.
I think i was lucky to find this.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in late July for 7 nights. I stayed for two nights on my own and was joined by a friend for the remainder of the trip. Overall we both found this hotel to be excellent value for money and we had a great stay.

The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet and well presented. Better than what we expected for £50 a night. The staff at the hotel very extremely helpful and answered all of our queries. The airconditioning in our room stopped working on night 4 or 5 and we were immediately moved to another room.

Breakfast was included in the price and was more than adequate. The only downside was that the breakfast room was quite small and on our 2 last days we had to qeue for a table which was slightly awkward. This was only a minor issue and one we were happy to overlook.

The hotel provides free highspeed internet which was one of the reasons I chose it. The only problem I found was that in one of thr rooms we stayed in the internet did not work well and that was a little frustrating.

The location of the hotel suited us well. Its is not in the main tourist area of Brussels but rather in a nice quiet neighbourhood with lots of great places to eat. We were happy to walk the 30 or so mins to the Grand Place but we did take the metro/trams on a couple of occasions and found it all quite easy. Only 3 metro stops from midi station which is convenient for day trips around Belgium.

Overall a great hotel and planning to stay again when I return to Brussels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

13April - 19April2010 Location is not great for seeing the historical older sights and buildings of Brussels, but trams are a very short walk. If you are into fashion shopping, this hotel is in a fantastic location. The hotel is clean and comfortable. I had a nice room with view of a peaceful courtyard. The room was much larger than expected, and the bathroom was fantastic. I had two twin beds. I would have preferred one large bed, but not much into complaining over this trivial issue. I had a kitchen which allowed me to buy food at the store and keep in the refrigerator for later. It came in very handy. The hotel breakfast is decent. Cereals, breads, limited choice of meats and cheese, coffee, orange juice. Free internet was a God send! I had only planned on staying a few days, but the volcano in Iceland canceled my flight to the UK. The hotel was able to accommodate me further nights. I think this extended stay also messed up their accounting. When I was checking out early in the morning, there was a great delay and the reception staff had to wake someone up early in the morning at their home to try and figure it out, and still after 20 minute conversation, they could not come to conclusion. Had I been kept waiting 5 minutes longer, I would have missed my train to London. I got very upset with them for this, as the stress of the canceled flights and travel delays all over Europe had me stressed to the brink already. Overall a decent place to stay in a rather upper middle class neighbourhood of Brussels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Booked a twin room for myself and a friend. We were both impressed with the size and comfort of the room - the beds were comfortable, there was plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space, and the provision of tea and coffee making facilities is a nice touch. Breakfast is the fairly usual continental offering, but adequate. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed at in Brussels.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Agenda Louise? Share your experiences!