I stayed in a studio in the "residence" part of the hotel, paying EUR 225 for what ended up being one of the most appalling hotel experiences of my life:
1. The studio was filthy: the kitchen had dark sticky stains on the floor and the cutlery needed to be washed before use; the carpets were stained; the hand towel in the bathroom was stained (blood); the bed cover was stained; there were hairs (of all sorts) everywhere, including in the bed...
2. The studio reeked of the smell of cold cigarette smoke, although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room (and there was a non-smoking sticker on the door).
3. The place was in dire need of renovation, with shabby unstable furniture, paint peeling off walls in places etc.
4. The place was extremely noisy -- paper thin walls allowed for noise from neighbouring rooms to come in; while street noise prevented sleeping beyond 6 am.
5. The free wireless internet was unreliable, only working in certain parts of the room but not at the desk, where I would have liked to work.
6. There was no phone to call reception and complain! Only solution was to use my mobile phone (and pay roaming charges).
7. Despite being advertised as "nearby" the hotel, the studio was actually a full five blocks away. As an able-bodied person, this was irritating (I had already walked a fair amount to get there). Had I had any difficulty walking, it would have required a cab ride.
The only positive was that staff at reception were reasonably polite and friendly.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Agenda Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agenda Louise Hotel