The novotel Grand Place was so well located for us. We got the train from the airport and it was just a short stroll from Brussels Central station to the hotel. Ideal when you have a 4 year old travelling with you. It is literally just a stones throw from the Grand Place and the start of the open top bus tours. It took no time at all to go to the old town of Brussels. There are plenty of restaurants in the local area to eat at too.
The hotel itself was nice and clean. The room wasn't huge, but having the sofa bed put up for our daughter didn't lose too much of the floor space, and being so central it meant there was ample opportunity to run around outside. I did find the room a bit on the warm side. The air con didn't really cool the room down at all, and as it was very warm when we visited opening the window didn't do much either. By contrast it then felt chilly in reception, making me wonder whether to get a cardigan, but on leaving the hotel it was actually warm outside!
We had breakfast in the hotel. There was plenty to eat and quite a good spread, but it does get very crowded at breakfast after 9am. It was confusing, as the booklet in the room advertised breakfast finishing at 9.30am but by the lift it stated 10.30. We only noticed the latter notice on our last day!!!
The free wifi was great as it enabled us to check the weather and details of attractions without having to find the tourist information centre, especially as we arrived after the tourist information centre had shut. It also meant our daughter could watch programmes she liked in the evening after the children's TV had finished in the room.
The children's activites consisted of some computer games. I don't know if there was any choice as I only ever saw the children using it playing a football game! There were also some children's books, but we'd brought our own anyway.
There was some sort of festival on in one of the squares near to the hotel, and the music was quite loud and went on quite late. It took awhile to setlle our daughter to sleep and then get to sleep ourselves (yes, our window was shut). It was the only time we heard any noise from the street with the exception of the occassional ambulance or police car rushing by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Brussels Off Grand Place is located right in the centre of Brussels, moments away from what is said to be the most beautiful town square in the world. Within easy reach of Central Station, this 138 room hotel combines comfort and innovation.The lobby and the Foodsquare bar brasserie share a warm and bright open space, a celebration of chic design. This 4 star hotel welcomes you in this historic area of Brussels for a weekend or short break with your partner or family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Novotel Brussels Grand Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brussels Grand Place Hotel Brussels
- Accor Brussels Grand Place
- Brussels Novotel