“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amigo

You added Hotel Amigo to your Saves list
Hotel Amigo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de l'Amigo 1-3 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium (Formerly Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo)   |
Ranked #5 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Ballston
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hotel Amigo is a very comfortable boutique hotel just a block off the Grand Place. The staff-are service oriented and seemed genuinely friendly.

The rooms and public areas are very nicely furnished. Wi-Fi is expensive: the first 24 hours are free at a low speed, then it costs €20 per day. However, they were having some problem on my first paying day and they waived the fee for my entire stay as a result. Bravo Amigo and thank you.

The bathrooms are well appointed in marble and have a heated floor. Luxurious towels; very nice toiletries. The art in the room was eclectic and pretty. Lots of BBC channels on the telly! The breakfast buffet was dear (€29) and did not seem worth it, so I opted for a la cart and was happy with the menu choices, food quality, and price. The wait staff were delightful. Ate there for dinner once and was most pleased with the food and drink.

The cost to launder a man's shirt is €10, socks €3, and undershorts €3. The International New York Times is available on your room door daily at no charge. (Bravo and Thank You again!) Full size umbrella in room, which I needed more than once! All in all, a valued destination highly recommended.

Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us.

Indeed, it is a delight for us to learn that our hotel’s facilities, services and location were outstanding.

In regards to the complimentary Wi-Fi, you may renew it free of charge every 24 hours.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo Brussels in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Odessa, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

It’s difficult to imagine the better location in Brussels then occupied Amigo hotel ( with less 50 steps from Grand Place and few hundred meters to Manneken Pis .
Hotel is quite well equipped, decorated, organized and maintained. The glorious mark of Rocco Forte should provide the glamour and excellent reputation.
Planning our visit to Brussels we consider this hotel as one of city attractions -few years ago we had chance to enjoy hospitality of Rocco Forte hotels at Rome ( Hotel de Russie) and Florence ( Hotel Savoy ) and were extremely positively surprised by level of comfort and perfect service provided . These hotels have own character, fleur and charm and are the real pearls of the cities.
Undoubtedly, Hotel Amigo is good hotel. But, during stay there we did not feel the special ( unique ) spirit of the hotel. The staff is friendly & qualified. The rooms are well equipped.
However, I observed several sign of lack of proper housekeeping and attention to trivial details. We ( with 2 kinds) occupied 2 standard rooms and had leaking hot water valve of washstand, badly scratched bath tab, damaged radio volume control knob.
There were some misunderstanding with newspaper delivery, overnight shoes polishing, etc. It’s really a pity to feel such minor discomfort instead of expecting flawless service.
So, this visit we did not enjoy the standard ( expected ) Rocco Forte service in Amigo Hotel. Amigo Hotel is a good hotel ( one of many other good hotels of Brussels )…..

PS
There are the other visits to other Rocco Forte Hotels in the plan. I want to believe…

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Upon careful review of your feedback, I am saddened to read the lukewarm satisfaction about your stay -mainly due to the room housekeeping upkeep-; please accept my most sincere apologies and rest assured that I am going to personally follow up on this shortcoming as indeed Rocco Forte Hotels is committed to provide flawless experiences to our guests.

I would be honored to be your privileged contact person for a future reservation and my colleagues and I will ensure to do our utmost to recover your good will.

With kindest regards I remain,

Sandbach, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

When I arrived, I had a fantastic welcome by the friendly doormen. The service was excellent. My room was great! All the staff made me feel like I was at home. I am already looking forward to my next stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your high praises in regards to your recent stay with us.

This testimony will be shared with our associated so they can appreciate their daily commitments bear fruit.

My colleagues and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Delft
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the Amigo last time over a year ago and thought that the position was really good so we booked in again last weekend. My husband got a good deal on an upgrade (he paid an extra 29 Euros and we got an upgrade if there was one available when we checked in - which there was) and the superior room was very comfortable and spacious.

However, since we were last there the access to roads around the hotel has been changed and it is now difficult to drive to the hotel as the end of the road is closed. In the end we phoned the hotel who sent someone to guide us by car to the hotel car park. However the Hotel did what it could to resolve the problem, and we would stay there again next time we are in Brussels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you took time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us.

While I read that you had a pleasant moment with us, I have duly noted your remark concerning the difficulty in driving in due to changes in the traffic flow; rest assured that we are closely working with the local authorities to resolve that matter.

Kindest regards,

Wallington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was visiting Brussels for a customer event and was quiet keen on staying in Hotel Amigo. It was a great stay with very extremely friendly staff. The entire hotel decor was beautiful and the location of the hotel is very central too. The Room decor and comfort was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brussels for Leisure or Business.

Room Tip: Top floors are suitable.
Dear Guest,

My colleagues and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellent hotel with the best location in all of Brussels. It is adjacent to the Grand Place (town square). Staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a few issues, but they were quick to respond and remedy the situation. Our room was very small, however, the bathroom was very large. Overall, a great choice for Brussels. Add-ons like internet and breakfast are very expensive, so try to get them included in your room rate when you book. We had a nice view of the back side of city hall and a higher room which was very quiet. Concierge staff was just awesome, they were very helpful and went above and beyond.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to avoid street noise and try to get one with a view as well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor your impressions on your recent visit with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had an overall pleasing stay and appreciated our staff members’ genuine service.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hotel Amigo is comfortable, warm, in a fantastic location to access the centre of Brussels. The staff are kind and helpful. The room in which I stayed was also fitted out with a Tintin theme - pictures, books and objects. Breakfast was also good. I had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Amigo? Share your experiences!