“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amigo

You added Hotel Amigo to your Saves list
Hotel Amigo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de l'Amigo 1-3 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium (Formerly Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo)   |
Ranked #4 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Fort McMcMurray
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have returned home today after a lovely time with my friend in Brussels. We stayed a week at the Amigo and found the location terrific. We were very impressed with the professional and courteous staff and the quality of cleanliness. The room was small, but well appointed and maintained and the bathroom had every amenity including a powerful shower head. The included breakfast was superior to many as it included a good selection from the menu of hot food as well as a large choice of cold buffet items. The bar food was also good but pricey. The location was perfect for our needs, train, hop on hop off bus and Grand Place. The concierge was very helpful. We found a really good price online so found the value great. We however did not have free wifi on a regular basis! Both of us agree we would take our husbands there next trip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your raving review.

What a genuine pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us.

Regarding the Wi-Fi, it is now complimentary.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Arnsberg/Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It had been a mixture of business (Furniture Fair) and private purposes. We found a very nice and central place; not a bargain, but due to the overall quality a fair price, my wife and me enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a delight to read that you had a memorable experience with us.

This token of appreciation has been shared with my colleagues and will, with no doubt, motivate them to keep up their daily effort in ensuring a perfect service.

We all look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just had a fabulous short stay in this hotel. We booked a classic room but were upgraded to a deluxe room 301. The room was of a decent size (though not huge), tastefully furnished, very clean, great bed, enough pillows. The marble bathroom was impeccable. The only thing missing was in room tea/coffee-making facilities, but I assume it's just not customary in Belgium.
Our room was in the corner of the building with two windows facing different sides (fantastic view by the way) and in the very end of a corridor. Despite being streetside, the room was fairly quiet - some sounds from the street did come through but because of quality windows they were not loud enough to wake us up or interfere with our trying to sleep. The door was not as soundproof as were the windows, but being in the end of a long corridor was an advantage - we did not have any transit traffic past our door.
If you need WiFi make sure to book from the hotel's own web site - this way it comes free, and imperatively make sure the internet charges are removed from your bill on check out - I missed it but my wife fortunately spotted the extra 90 euro on our bill which were promptly removed on our request. Speaking of WiFi, it was not lightning fast and did not support VoIP calls for some reason but it was ok for mail and some web browsing.
All in all, we were very pleased and will come back any time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your raving review.

What a genuine pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us.

Regarding the Wi-Fi, it is now complimentary and we are working at strengthening it.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Business brings me to Brussels occasionally, and I always try to stay at the Amigo. It's mainly the location that attracts me, right near the Grand Place and the small streets surrounding it. And it is such a pleasure to walk across the Grand Place early in the morning on the way to my business meetings.

I was given different rooms over the years; sometimes bright on an upper floor and overlooking the street, sometimes on the first floor facing a brick wall in the back. I have not figured out yet whether there is a system or not.

The hotel's ambiance is generally of a subdued elegance, which one can feel in the common areas but also in the room. Colors are usually warm, furniture are comfortable and practical, and lighting is appropriate and actually very good in the bathroom. But then one wonders why shower curtains are still being used, which are not too classy. Some of the hotel's charges (breakfast, wifi) indicate that it is popular with those traveling on an expense account, but are very high for leisure travelers.

This time I also had an issue with a cab driver trying to overcharge me going to the airport (he must have had the meter running before he reached the Amigo, and I did not pay attention), but when I took a picture of his license plate, he lowered the price to a more normal level. When I informed the hotel about it, the manager actually promised to follow up on this, which I very much appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us.

Indeed, it is a pleasure for us to learn that our hotel’s facilities, services and location were of your satisfaction.

I am also glad you appreciated our reaction in handling the issue you were faced with the taxi you took on the day of your departure.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo Brussels in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Frisco, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent location for walking around Brussels, very close to the the Grande Place and short walk to the train station. The service was amazing. The noise level was typical for staying in the heart of the city. If you need a quieter room then request a 6th floor room but you will still have some city sounds. The bed was comfortable and the shower was powerful which is nice for us. We appreciated the turn down service with 2 bottles of water left each night. This was a business trip for my husband and a holiday for myself. I felt comfortable with the help of the concierge exploring the city on my own while my husband was working. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your high praises in regards to your recent stay with us.

This testimony will be shared with our associated so they can appreciate their daily commitments bear fruit.

My colleagues and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Even the hotel entrance is inviting--doorman in uniform, helpful bellmen, concierge and staff. Our room was contemporary and well kept. All staff recommendations for tours and food were excellent. Good wifi in the hotel. Hotel restaurant Boccocini I believe that excellent Italian food and mixologist at the hotel bar--Barbara---is outstanding and is fun to watch at work-truly an artist. The locations is outstanding ---a few minutes walk from the Grand Place and tourist dining for Mussels in one direction and Belgian waffles and frites in the other.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

What a delight to read that you had a memorable experience with us.

This will undoubtedly fuel our associates’ motivation in always delivering “the perfect guest experience”.

On a particular note, Barbara is very thankful for your special remark.

We all look forward to welcoming you very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am on a three month Europe trip and this is one of the few hotels I will come back to if I visit Belgium again. From doorman to housekeeping all were brilliant! Nothing I dislike about this hotel! I had my breakfasts in room which was amazing! The hotel is also in a great location in the city centre.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor your impressions on your recent visit with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had an overall pleasing stay and appreciated our staff members’ genuine service.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Director of Rooms

Been to Hotel Amigo? Share your experiences!