“A taste of India” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“A taste of India”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I must admit we come here because it's the closest Indian in walking distance! The gerand is a lovely guy but the place is most of the time empty. The food is not bad but nothing special. The plates are big and the choice incredible. Not the worst Indian but also not the best!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food and service. They go above and beyond by giving my daughters a beautiful orchid each and every time we go. I would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Best Indian food in Brussels (so far at least..)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I love Indian food. When we first moved to Brussels, we lived very close to Agra and would pick up food there (plats á emporter) at least once a month. We didn't think too much of it then, as we were used to getting good Indian food where we had lived before. It's only now, after we moved to another neighbourhood in the city and tried the local Indian restaurants, that we realise just how suberb Agra is. First of all the food is made with passion and even though there is a 20% discount on the price for take-away, there is no discount on the quality; the Tandoori chicken is tender and served on a nice platter with salad and carved-out vegetables; we also always get papadum crispy bread with the best mint sauce I've ever tasted. The vindaloo is excellent, very spicy (if you want) and with delicious pearl onions, and the Madras curry is superb as well. In particular, if you order these courses with lamb, you get good meat, not the fatty soup meat which we sometimes get in other restaurants.

All in all, excellent Indian food, would recommend Agra to anyone!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PL
“spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have visited the restaurant 3 times, once occurred business lunch is not served Saturday. First time for vegetarian lunch I have been offerred plenty of different pieces of spicy delicious dishes. After some time the offer of vegetarian lunch changed and consisted only of different sauces for bread (nevertheless I love Indian bread). Very hot (I started to cry) and pretty tasty, but just forms of sauce.
Restaurant is small indeed, but cosy.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Wasn't expecting much, so this met my expectations.

One of a few places to eat near ULB near General Jacques. Small place with about 15 tables. Brightly decorated with tables almost too close to one another.

A variety of menus, but for at least two people (no solos). The business lunch menu that was advertised on their website wasn't offered on Saturday. As I was by myself, the menus were not available. Would have liked to have tried one.

So I had a mixed fried vegetable starter (selected by the chef). The normal things that you would expect and a bit on the dry side. Seemed that they were previously cooked and heated up. The sauces that came with them weren't really to my taste. There was a light green concoction that was the only one that passed.

Main course was a lamb curry (Roganjosh). I found it very good. Lamb was tender and spices very nice. Best part of the meal. Came with a cooling side salad that looked like a yogurt dressing over cucumber and carrot sticks. Nan appeared to be out of a package rather than made on site. Basmati rice was as expected.

There wasn't anything wrong with the place, but it was just average. I wouldn't go back – there are too many other places in the world to try.

• Visited April 2012