It's not a bad place to stay, but before spending 180€ per night you might want to try to finding better options.
The review is about a "Deluxe Double room" described officially as "This spacious corner room, in a quiet part of the hotel, features a Krups coffee machine and luxurious bathroom with a walk-in shower" and features "Safety Deposit Box, Air Conditioning, Desk, Extra Long Beds (> 2 metres), Heating, Shower, Bathrobe, Free toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, Slippers, Telephone, Radio, Satellite Channels, Cable Channels, Flat-screen TV, Tea/Coffee Maker, Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock, Room Size: 32 square metres
Bed Size(s): 1 Large double".
What are the pros:
- Near the central station
- Close to Grand Place - the main attraction and nicest spot in Brussels
- You can expect things to work, have a clean bed to sleep and warm water to shower
What are the cons:
-- Details that are wrong in the above description:
- The room feels small, 25 sqm in other hotels feel larger.
- There are no slippers.
- The radio is part of the TV
- The description suggests that this is a quiet room. The room might be in a quiet part, he still is on a very noisy road, so there is a lot of noise coming in from outside at night.
- The double bed is actually a twin bed
-- Other cons:
- The Central station is very traveller unfriendly, you need to carry luggage over many stairs
- Spooky place at night, rather hard to find and it feels unsafe
- Rooms are tiny
- The bathroom smells
- The closet is small and unpractical
- The inventory is a bit run down already
- There is almost no lights in the room. It is dark in the room, which is most annoying when you pack in the morning and struggle to find your stuff, but also reading without getting directly under a lamp is not possible.
- Although its dark in the room when the lights are on in exchange there are some light on the side of the bed that you can not turn off at night! In combination with the noise from outside that wakes you up twice a night those permanent LED lights are really a pain.
- Poor breakfast costs 20€
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star deluxe Sandton Brussels Centre boosts 70 comfortable and contemporary air conditioned guest rooms, an intimate lounge, two meeting rooms and underground private parking. Needless to mention, wireless internet and business facilities are at your disposal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sandton Hotel Brussels Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.