“Beautiful boutique apartments overlooking Grand Place” 5 of 5 stars

Le Coup de Coeur
place de la Vieille Halle aux Bles, 43, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #58 of 180 Brussels B&B and Inns
UK
“Beautiful boutique apartments overlooking Grand Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Myself and 2 friends booked to stay in the 3 bedroom apartment overlooking the Grand Place for a weekend in July. We booked with Arnuad directly and he was prompt and helpful, giving us a good rate on the apartment for coming to him directly.

The apartment was easy to find - around a 5 minute walk from the Central station on the grand place, overlooking the beautiful buildings, above a chocolate shop! We were a little worried as despite telling Arnaud what time we would be arriving, and arriving at this time, there was no-one to be seen at the apartment and no response to ringing the bell. On calling him he said he would send someone in 5 minutes - 20 minutes later a lovely lady did arrive. Having read the reviews about this I was a tad worried but the apartment more than made up for this! We were given tips of where to go and what to see before being left to it for the weekend which suited us fine.

The apartment was huge, decorated in a beautiful, uber stylish and classy manner with a large kitchen (with dining table), lounge, 3 bathrooms (one on the top floor with a free standing bath overlooking the amazing views of the Grand Place!). The photos on the website do it absolute justice.

You are (in the apartments) right on the Grand Place and therefore there will be noise from the square, on the Saturday night this continued late into the morning, however we did stay over a national festival. However the rooms at the back got less noise and a pair of earplugs cut the majority of the noise out nicely.

Would recommend the apartment for a group of friends looking for somewhere central and amazingly stylish to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have stayed here in the past, 4 times, but not within the last year. When I booked I made an assumption that as I was requesting a room, and not an apartment, it would be in the same building as the previous times, the rooms with a bath. When I arrived I was shown into an adjacent building, and a room on the 2nd floor. The room was large & quite sparse, without the character of the main building, and without a bath. I asked if there was a room with a bath and was told they were all full.
When I arrived home at 10.30pm, very tired after a 6.30am start, and little sleep in the previous week, the room was so noisy it sounded like there was a party/concert/sports match next door. The noise comes from the bar 2 doors away where during summer everyone stands outside. I couldn't believe how much noise was being generated, and actually went back outside to listen. For some reason it was louder in the room, especially the lounge, than it was on the street. Fortunately I had earplugs!
The next night when I got in at around 1am the bar had already closed.
The TV is in the bedroom, rather than the lounge, does everyone watch TV in bed these days? The lounge is nice and bright in the morning, which is good, however there are no curtains which made it difficult to use my laptop & I had to go into the bedroom. I know, just little things.
On a positive note, the location is brilliant especially if you are visiting the Sablon, antique shops & the market. The breakfasts are wonderful and available until 11am, if you have had a late night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building with a bath as they have the most character and further away fro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ixelles, Brabant, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

After reading the other warnings in this 'terrible' section I still wanted to give them a chance so I booked through the telephone a room with a bath for one night. Indeed the day I had to get the keys I had to wait and no apology was given. Then it seemed the room was not ready so they send me walking for a hour. After a hour the woman, Monique I think, who was supposed to give me the key had left and the only person remaining in the building was the only romanian speeking cleaning lady (the nices person who works there also). She dind't knew of nothing so after several calls (organisation???) she led me to a room that wasn't mine. The terrible woman Monique gave me without consultin another room and when I said I didn't want the room they wanted to change me no another room AND charge 80 euror for the change! I was mad and wanted to discuss the situation but Monique was really childish and kept hunging up the phone and screaming things trough the telephone that she had more important things to do. Terrible. The boss of the company suddenly didn't answer the phone anymore so I just left very angry and debasted that they could do this. I don't care about the room but the way they treat you, It's abvious they just care about the money. NEVER GO THERE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

You can't beat the rate of the B&B for the location. Central to Grand Place, Mannequin Pin, Cetnral Station, Grand Sablon, and St. Hubert's. The room is very romantic and quite spacious. A couple of would-have-likes were more lighting, dresser drawer and body lotion. We sayed two nights and we were quite comfortable. There is a small fridge in the room which came in handy for soft drinks, beer, and water which we bought at the small market right across the street. Breakfast was simple and the free wifi worked great.
We emailed Arnaud with an approx. arrival time and texted him when he left the train station so we were assured he was there (as I was nervous based on other posters). He was very responsive to my emails and was a good host. Definitely recommend Le Coup De Couer to everyone visiting Brussels. BTW...Le Brassarie de Bruxelles (restaurant) is two doors door and was excellent.

Stayed April 2012
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We initially looked at staying at the b & b but when I logged onto their website they had apartments and opted for one of these instead. The one we stayed at was located just off Grand Sablon square around the corner from one of the best patisseries in Brussels (Wittamer's - the croissants and pain au chocolat are delicious) and the best chocolate shop (Pierre Marcolini). The apartment had a double room located on the ground floor and a single room accessible via a set of wooden steps. It was very nicely furnished with a large velvet sofa (comfortable), a well equipped kitchen area - complete with dishwasher, microwave and Nespresso machine - and a modern bathroom. The owner - Arnaud - had obviously put in a lot of effort into the lay out and colour scheme. It also had an ipod docking station with radio. It was also clean and light. The apartment was already supplied with jams and butter and also 4 jars of assorted chocolate spreads! We also had tea and coffee pods for the Nespresso. There was a small decked terrace exclusive to the apartment and not overlooked. Unfortunately we didn't use it as it was too chilly. As the apartment was located off the square it was quiet. My only criticism was that the mattress was too hard for us and the shower was very powerful - great - but the shower screen didn't do the job of keeping water off the floor. It also didn't have wardrobes or drawers in the bedroom - but it did have two long shelves. Overall with an apartment as well equipped and located in a great spot as as this you don't need to stay in a b & b and I would highly recommend it. Although Grand Sablon is quite a pricey area to eat we found a great cafe called Le Perroquet (Rue Watteeu 31) which is a short walk from the apartment. They do pittas with varied fillings at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were very pleased to stay in this Brussels B&B. As mentioned on the confirmation, you need to contact the owner before arrival, which is normal for every B&B in the world. People cannot wait the whole day for someones arrival... So we were pleased to wait a couple of minutes and enjoy the nice teashop and artistic shop in the street. The room was wonderful decorated, and was clean too ! We appreciated the ipod station with some good music. The bed was very comfortable too ! And in the morning we were spoiled at breakfast by our host. We could not have desired something else. We would love to come back in a few months ! I will for certain contact you directly, as you have the best deals contacting the owner instead of any comercial site !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I think someone mentioned the same thing before but when we arrived there was no one in the property and the door was locked, so we had to wait about 15 min in front of the door for someone to show up. Also, we stayed in a different building from the main building (they seem to have two) and when we realized that the radiators were not working in the evening, again there was no one in the mail building so we could not ask for help to make the radiators work, it was quite chilly. The room itself was nice but it was not cleaned yet when we arrived (around 4 p.m. ), also there was no table and no rubbish bin and the TV was situated at the back of the sofa, which was quite uncomfortable to watch and I found it rather unpractical. Generally we did not feel welcoming atmosphere from this property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Le Coup de Coeur? Share your experiences!