“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
New York City, New York
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Last time in Brussels, I chose to stay in this hotel because I wanted to stay near the Grande Place. I did not really need an apart hotel, but I checked it out for a longer stay in the future.
The Hotel has several pros:
My room was very quiet as it overlooked the inner court of a mall, therefore as everything closes soon and opens late in Brussels sleep quality is very good.
The room was clean and well kept, I did not use the kitchen but it seemed to me fully equipped;
It has a very nice Lounge, ( it's called "relaxation area" ) spacious and comfortable
It offers breakfast with 2 options: 7 euro for continental breakfast and 13 for the buffet.Last time in Brussels I was charged more than 20 Euro in a different place, so I was pleased and enjoyed my buffet. In any case just next to the hotel there's a coffee place.
Wifi is free ( I must say I only choose wifi free hotels). Staff was helpful and nice ( I spoke French thought, didn't check in English)
Few Cons: I did not really understand the cleaning policy. My stay was short so I got my room cleaned, but I read that for stays 4-7 days your room will not be cleaned, and from 7 days on, it is cleaned once a week. While I understand the latter as this happens in long stay rentals, I don't get the 4-7 days policy. I imagine the price will be cheaper, but I don't know, you should check it out.
The gym is basically a small room with a rowing machine and an elliptical.
I got a studio, arrived late and I had to open my closet bed myself: ok, not such a big deal, it's easy but I would have preferred finding a bed to crash on.( anyway apparently closet beds are only in the studio). Last thing: while I had the coffee machine in my room, I did not find any coffee or tea bags.
Overall I was pleased with the hotel, good quality/price ratio and I will consider returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

It is located on the main street in Brussels, it is a 3 min walk away from grand place and a short walk to all other attractions. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. I was staying in the studio apartment, which has a murphy bed. While the apartment looked nice, I didn't feel it was functional and that made it uncomfortable. I was staying 4 nights and you don't get cleaning for this length of stay and that was bothersome after the 2nd day, especially given that no cleaning supplies are provided. The apartment didn't smell very fresh. Tried the breakfast buffet, thought it was of great quality, especially for Brussels. Unlike North America, breakfast is not that big in Belgium and they tend to opt for a simple croissant and coffee so the breakfast buffet was a really good option, had eggs and such. I had to do laundry there, it's 5 euros to use the washer only, that's too steep of a price, should definitely be reduced. I probably wouldn't stay there again just because I tend to prefer more traditional hotels and the traditional services they offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dandridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place is located right above a metro stop at De Brouckère, which is certainly a blessing from and to the airport at either end of visit. The studio rooms are well laid out and functional. What is a couch in the daytime converts to a bed at night. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, stove top, micro wave, cookware, utensils , plates, a coffee maker and tea kettle. You provide the food; a grocery is just down the street.
Of course, there are restaurants, bakeries and shops all around as well. Grand Place is a few hundred meters away.
While the area is certainly busy, the rooms are quiet and comfortable. Nice size TV with 5 or 6 English language channels, including BBC 1, 2, 3 and HD. On the upper floors wired internet is provided. I was on the 5th floor. Other reviewers have suggested that internet speeds are slow. Actually, they're variable; never too bad for general use. Spotty sometimes when attempting Voip calls and streaming video was hit and miss, but mostly OK.
Some mornings, the hot water could've been hotter, but it was never to the point of chilly discomfort.
Staff was friendly and always helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

It is my fourth time at this hotel and id come back anytime. The personnel is very welcoming and the rooms are nice, modern and clean.

Its very quiet and perfect for a business trip. Its location is perfect being near to pretty much anything including the Grand Place.

Its a bit expensive but worth it if you wanna make sure to get a great place !

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The aparhotel is supperb and all the facilities quite new and in good condition. We got a two-room appartment that had a full-equipped kitchen (including a big fridge and dishwasher) although we only used it for breakfast. The size of the room is quite generous and was good to travel with children. The location of the building is also excellent (there's a metro station and bus stops around the corner and it's only a 5 minutes walk to the Grand Place). There're also several restaurants nearby and plenty of them in a walking distance.

Things we didn't like and/or need to be improved:

Payment at arrival:

We arrived at 11 p.m. and were surprised when the staff ask us to pay our stay in advance (even before than seeing our appartment). It was late, we were tired after the trip, and I didn't want to argue, but that is something that I rarely do after experiencing problems before in other places.

No cleaning included in reservations for 4-7 nights:

Also we were surprised that our reservation did not include any cleaning of the room. Reservations 1-3 days include a daily cleaning. 4-7 nights do not. 8+ nights include one free cleaning weekly. That information should have been included in the reservation information that we got at the Accord web site. It was not.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio room to get a good sleep. The interior rooms face the gallery of the adyacent commer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was a very good hotel. Great location. Beautiful area; close to a number of sites and right next to a subway. The rooms are small but very reasonably priced. And they are comfortable (good beds, good climate control). And each comes with a fridge. They are also have a very good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Adagio Brussels Centre Monnaie? Share your experiences!