“We don't care if you like us or not” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Apex, NC
“We don't care if you like us or not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went here on recommendation of our hotel. I am not sure they would have let us in otherwise. Stuffy French with an attitude. We ordered bouillabaisse and another fish dish, wine, sparkling water, desert. Food was fresh and well done but not overly memorable. Services was inattentive. There were french folks eating here, so this must be where they eat. The best part was at the end of the meal my wife ordered a glass of water. We specified tap water. We were refused. No tap. Wonder how they wash their dishes? Had we not ordered water earlier, I might have understood, but his was just arrogance. They did not care. And I am sure they do not care that I have written this review.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Tasteless mussels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I ordered a classic dish of mussels with white wine. The dish was not good - poor taste and I don't think the mussels were fresh. I would not go back and I do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“Wouldnt go back, but the 23 Euro menu is good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Came here last week. Its along a row of tourist trap restaurants; it was late, we needed food..
Menu choice is extensive, which can often mean you'll be eating frozen food. I had oysters to start and half a lobster. The oysters came only with lemon, no vinaigrette. The lobster was returned as it was incorrectly cooked with the wrong sauce. The second one was correctly prepared (just butter) but was over cooked to my taste, tough and rubbery. Also, It didn't come with side dish, so I had 3 mouthfuls of chewy lobster tail for my main course! Needless to say I was starving at breakfast the next morning! Colleagues had the steak, which in fairness, looked good.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
“So good we had lunch and dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have no idea where the people who wrote such negative reviews ate - we had such a brilliant lunch that we went back again for dinner the same evening. We chose Les Crustaces because it was the busiest and most popular looking of all the restaurants on the Quai aux Brisques and we weren't disappointed. We hadn't booked but the waiter (who incidentally was charming all through the meal) found us a table outside. Two of us ordered one of the set menus and two of us ate à la carte. Everything we ordered was beautifully presented, the shellfish was really, really fresh and wonderfully delicious. The wine list was quite good and the wine we chose - a white Burgundy - was very good. We rounded the meal off by sampling some of their desserts which were excellent, especially the tarte tatin.

We were really full after lunch and convinced we would skip dinner but by half past nine we were edging towards hungry so we went back again. This time we ate inside and ordered some of the hot dishes including the lobster bisque which was great and gratinated oysters - wonderful!

Again this was the busiest restaurant on the Quai, many of the others looked totally deserted. We had a really good experience and would certainly go back the next time we are in Brussels.

Also worth mentioning - considering the quality of the shellfish and the things we ordered, the bill was very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mill Valley, CA
“Inconsistent maybe?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a delightful meal at Les Crustaces. Afterwards, I read the reviews and was very surprised. First, the restaurant was spotlessly clean and the tables attractively set. Service was prompt and attentive throughout the meal. We both ordered the 3-course meal for 23 euro. My spouse had the grilled scampi as a starter and salmon as a main - she enjoyed both. I started with the fish soup. which was outstanding. I had a "half" pot of mussels as the main - it was almost more than I could eat and delicious. A half bottle of house wine and a couple of tasty desserts rounded out our meals. Maybe the staff read a couple of the recent negative reviews and cleaned up their act - who knows. Really 4 and a half stars by me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere