“Fantastic food, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #229 of 2,491 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Brussels, Belgium
“Fantastic food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I went with my sister and parents on a Friday evening. Definitely book in advance because it's not a big place and was packed when we got there.

The waiter was really friendly and happy to explain everything to us on the menu and answer all our questions. Really good food and presented beautifully. The puddings are fantastic.

I'm going again with my boyfriend this weekend. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“The Best meal in Belgium!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

It's a comfy and friendly restaurant. Their special salad which is amazing! Even though my parents dont like salad at all, but they still enjoy the salad so much! The main courses and desserts were lovely, I love the steak and the cream burlee the most.
Strongly recommend!

• Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, cozy atmosphere, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We went to Les Salades de Gaspard on Monday evening when it was not very busy - we could not get a table on Saturday. The service was excellent, very friendly, attentive, but not too much. The place is pretty small, very cozy and romantic, great for a nice chat with friends or for couples (candle light etc...). The food was also very good. I had the BMG salad, which is more like a main dish (with pasta, a whole chicken breast), so it was not really a salad! But it was delicious, good home cooking I would say. The only minor problem was that I could not pay with my credit card.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida, US
“Even after spending 3 days in Paris, THIS was the best meal of my vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I discovered Les Salades de Gaspard via the TripAdvisor app, when searching for restaurants near my hotel. What a lucky find!

The service was lovely – the man who tending to the tables was friendly, kind, and spoke English (which was a big relief, because I speak only basic French and no Dutch).

I honestly have no idea what meal I ordered because I simply asked the server to recommend something that was seafood-based, and to surprise me. And it was indeed a pleasant surprise! I hearty salad that had shrimp and was just lovely.

While the entree was delicious, the dessert was by far the highlight of the meal. I ordered Les Crêpes Normandes, and it was the most amazing dessert I've ever had in my life.

Les Crêpes Normandes are crêpes served with cooked apples, covered in a sweet sauce, topped with ice cream and flambéed. Because it was flambé, it came out with an amazing blue flame that was fascinating to watch. Once that show was over, I got to dig into a dessert that was the perfect pairing of hot and cold, sweet without being sugary.

The check was not cheap, but the quality of the food and wine was such that I would've gladly paid twice as much. I will probably visit Brussels again someday just to taste this dessert again.

• Visited March 2011
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent and fresh home cooking, mainly italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The food is the main reason to go to Les Salades. It is very good, nicely presented and good value. I went twice and tried the pasta with forest mushrooms and truffels, and the second time a salade La Riche. Very fresh ingredients, copious and tasty. The interior is rather simple neighbourhood bistro-style. Friendly and quick service. Informal setting. The second time I brought the children who loved the pasta dishes.

• Visited October 2011