“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heart of Brussels B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brussels
Heart of Brussels B&B
You added Heart of Brussels B&B to your Saves list
Rue de l'Epargne 32 Spaarstraat, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #13 of 202 Brussels B&B and Inns
Salamanca, España
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place has an excellent price/quality ratio. I stayed in the room of the first floor, enough for two persons, although I was on my own. It has a lot of space, as well as kitchen and fridge if you want to use them.
Breakfast was ok and the owner is there to give you advice about places, maps and indications or nice chat. I would go back to this place without any doubt.
As only drawback, the street is not the best one in Brussels (just 30' seconds walking since it is near a main street which is perfect). Not any danger at all on my opinion, anyway, just that some people may not like it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed at this B&B (in room 1) whilst in Brussels for work recently. It was very comfortable, clean and I was impressed with the little extras - cotton wool, tissues, free wifi for example - to say it was only €55 per night. Also the breakfast is lovely - wonderful fresh bread and pastries, with cheeses, yogurts and fruit if you desire.

Room 1 is quite a small room, but for one person it was totally fine. I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in room 1; the detailed description on the website was totally accurate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Albosaggia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent a few days at Easter 2012. The place was really central, and even during a 3 days strike of public transport we didn't had much problem in visitin the city. The room, very large, extreamly clean and well equipped was a real appartment ideal even to spent some nice evenings at home after visiting Brussel... thanks to the large kitchen. The owner was really nice and helpful, and we had some nice conversations in the morning during the delicius breakfast. Morover he was really kind in providing information for our visits.
A place that we would reccomand to everyone! We hope to come back soon...
Alessandro and Marco

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Araraquara, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was here with my wife and my parents, and I must say that this B&B is lovely! The decoration and organization of the rooms are simply awesome, and, I must say that we had one of the best breakfasts ever! (Missing it so much). The only thing to note are the stairs, but in our case, even with large luggage, this was not a problem at all (we had help from the owner). We absolutely recommend this B&B, the bed part if fantastic, the breakfast part is marvelous!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have stayed here several times and it is a delight, all the previous reviews explain why.

I wish there we just more places like this all over the world. B&Bs, hotels, etc where someone places attention to detail and obviously lives and cares for the whole business of receiving guests.

The area is a little seedy but I've never had or heard of problems, it's like any big city... and does have nearby great restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Choosing depends on space needed: studio is largest, doubles are medium & bigger, each room is s...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I was here with my gf for 2 nights and it was just an amazing experience. The hotel and the room is super clean, neat, comfortable, spotless, and organized, and you can see the owner paid a lot of attentions to the smallest details - power converter for different purposes and plugs, hair dryer, makeup sheet, extra towels.... The hotel (as well as the room I stayed in) also has tons of guidebooks and maps for you to browse and to take. The breakfast is simple but enough for you to get started for the day. And the Nespresso machine!! It is a must stay. Location is close to everything. Nothing bad to be said.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in room 3 and the proprietor was wonderful. The room was much larger than we expected, being a studio in a European city. The bathroom was great with a nice big tub and floor to ceiling windows onto the patio. The patio is in the interior of a bunch of buildings so it is really only a way to be outside (no view or anything). The place is also surprisingly quiet - as long as the window to the street is shut. Which leads to our only complaint. The bed is a murphy bed with a memory foam mattress (no box springs, just 5 inches of foam on wooden slats). It is uncomfortable and the foam is hot. The room does not come with a fan so you have to open the front window and the door onto the patio to get a cross breeze to cool down at night. It then becomes loud as there are night people (prostitutes and whatnot) just outside and they make noise. An actual bed would correct this issue. A fix would be a fan but the bed really should be replaced. I do bet that if we had asked for a fan, Jan would have drummed one up. Speaking of the area, we had no problems with the prostitutes or anyone else. We walked home at 11pm and there were no issues. The ladies said hello but that was it. There was no evidence of excessive crime in the area and I felt perfectly safe. The area, like most of Brussels, is dirty and trash collects in piles and corners. But this appears to have more to do with the city than with the locale.

In summary, we loved the place, the price and all the amenities others commented on in their reviews. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple