I stayed at Les Ecrins on two different (not consecutive) nights in August 2012. The first night I was in town with friends to see the Flower Carpet. My husband and I had room 123, which included a little sitting area. Our friends were a flight up in 125 and a room on the front. These rooms were smaller than 123, but the same price. On our return trip, we were put in room 125.
The positives: It was a nice walk from the hotel to the Palais Royal. We passed many restaurants, and ended up eating at one recommended by the owner on the first night. The Saint Catherine metro station is only about a half of block away. The breakfast was very nice, and the owner was easy to deal with. The hotel also accepted credit cards, which many other B&B's do not. The rooms were clean, and the bedding comfortable. The hotel was a great value at 90 Euro per night.
The negatives: We were there in August, when it can get very warm. I knew the hotel was not air conditioned, but I was very surprised the rooms did not have portable fans. It got so hot, we were forced to leave the windows opened all night. This meant having to listen to a neighbor's party until after mid-night. (Thank goodness another neighbor finally yelled at the party and got them to be quiet). Our friends in the room on the front were especially uncomfortable. With the windows opened, the street lights sign shone into their room. The noise from passing cars and then from a street sweeper kept them awake many hours. The wife said she only got about 3 hours of sleep, even though she put in ear plugs and wore a sleep mask. All the other B&B's we stayed at during our 3 week trip to Europe had rotating, portable fans and we were able to be comfortable even in the warm weather. Other negatives: Room 123 only had a bath, no shower. Room 125 had a partial shower door, and it was hard to keep the water in while showering. Like most other B&B's, there is no lift, so be prepared to carry your luggage up several flights of stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Les Ecrins is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Brussels at Place St. Catherine - the old Fish Market of Brussels, 6 minutes walking distance from the famous Grand Place, 15 minutes from E.C.Headquarters.It is nearby the St Catherine subway station and 20 minutes away from the national airport Zaventem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your The Residence Les Ecrins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Les Ecrins Hotel Brussels
- Residence Les Ecrins Brussels