“Good seafood for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night
New York
“Good seafood for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We wanted to beat the crowds and ended up being the first people there. (I'm sure we got some curious glances for eating seafood at 11am.) The fish soup is amazing and comes with a plate of cheese and small rounds of bread topped with something that tasted like mustardy cheese. The croquettes weren't my favorite—too salty—and expensive when you consider it's 7 euros for 2 croquettes. But the razor clams were the best deal. It was 6 euros for about 10 good sized clams. It wasn't the best seafood I've ever had but I liked the smaller portions because it meant you could sample a lot of different dishes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Good way to feel like a local!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went here with my partner on a Sunday afteroon and had no trouble getting service or a table (mind you it was quite cold.) The staff were friendly and service was fast. I got the fish soup which came with a piece of bread (with sauce and cheese), a glass of wine and my partner got the croquettes and all up it was 14euro, which I thought was good value.

It is a fun way to experience Brussels how I imagine the locals would do, we walked past on Friday lunch time and it was bustling with business men and women. Well worth checking out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Oysters in the street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great place to mix with locals and down half a dozen oysters whilst standing in the street.
It's about a 15 minute walk from the Grand Place and down a few shabby streets however it's worth it - great fun and a great atmosphere with locals and tourists. The staff screaming names from behind the counter add to the fun - especially when people give 'comedy' names :)

Visited March 2013
Afula, Israel
“Stand your ground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading reviews I decided to try it out. With temperatures hovering around 1-2 degrees Celsius, and a biting wind, the idea of standing outside and eating probably doesn't sound a brilliant idea, but you would be mistaken. I tried the fish soup which was extremely tasty and warming, and my partner took the Escargot, cooked in an extremely hot broth. We followed these with Shrimp Croquettes.These are more than "winter warmers", we came away with a rosy glow on our cheeks and totally forgot about the biting wind...though that was probably helped by a few glasses of really good white wine. Should not be missed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh and tasty fish meal, standing up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was the first place we visited after arriving in Brussels. We were very hungry and this place did not disappoint. We were surprised to learn that it wasn't a traditional restaurant layout: it's more of a counter, under covers, outside what looks like a fish shop. But, no matter, because we easily got a position at the counter and ordered fish soup and croquettes. They arrived in no time and were very tasty. The reviews of Trip advisor were very helpful in this regard and I would echo the recommendation to try this place.

• Visited February 2013