“Nice location - great interior” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, Mediterranean, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Antwerp, Belgium
“Nice location - great interior”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I made a reservation by phone , and i was already surprised that the guy didn't ask for the hours, nevertheless I trusted him , as I wanted to invite a friend for dinner in this great hotel but.... What a disappointment .

Arrived in the resto , which was busy, I didn't feel very welcome and needed to wait long before I got their attention.
Waiter asked me if I had a reservation , and I did, but he couldn't find it... I needed to wait as his would check with the manager.
After 5 min the manager re asked if we had a reservation as they couldnt find it.
No problem, we will fix it, please go to the bar and I will find a solution... Without offering a drink , we waited another 15 mins... Finally we had a table, but it took another 20 mind before someone asked what we wanted to drink...
Anyway dinner was nice but nothing special.
So overall I was a bit disappointed in this restaurant.
I will go back but only for a drink so I don't need to make a reservation.

I will recommend it to friends for a drink but not for a dinner.

Please see my comment as a feedback to improve the service/ welcoming your guest

Thanks
V

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed in the hotel and this was a classy place to finish the evening. DJs on both nights playing background music. Not cheap

Visited March 2012
metz
“excellent food, and cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

the crystal room is a really nice place with an elegant decoration. The food was exquisite.

Visited February 2012
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very slow service, food mediocre but very expensive. Don't bother

Visited February 2012
“Innovation & Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed at the hotel which was nice as we were so close. But when we checked in the staff told us we must visit the bar as it hosts some of the best bartenders in Belgium. They were right!

You can always tell a good bar by the kind of ice they serve and at the Crystal Lounge they serve huge round balls of ice, slushy ice, chipped ice and more. Each ice is a compliment and serves it own purpose to the type of drink you are enjoying.

They have a large menu of drinks and the staff is very knowledgable. The decor is also very pretty! I had the caviar dream champagne drink which was like a science experiment. A lot of fun to make and drink!

If you are in Brussels and like a sophisticated cocktail, this is your lounge.

Visited December 2011