“Absolutely Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Avenue Stalingrad 78 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #18 of 183 Brussels B&B and Inns
“Absolutely Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Hey everyone. Could not recommend this to you. I'm from Britain and this was my first adventure to Brussels. They made me feel welcome from the off. I received maps, guidance and answered all my questions. She went through the best places for chocolates and it was only about a 10 minute walk max from the main Grande Place. I wasn't disturbed or bugged with my stay and she was there to answer questions and also at breakfast with a massive range of delights. The rooms are absolutely massive and a massive TV, bath, bed. It's worth every penny! You are near the railway line however with the window glazing you cannot hear the trains pass so don't be worried by this. It's 5 minutes away from the North station so if you come off the Eurostar it's literally by it! Great location. Please support this B&B as I've fell in love with it and everything it offers.

• Stayed September 2012

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hollywood,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sweet Brussels B&B is a beautifully restored townhouse with a wonderful hostess, Sophie. My wife and I, and our adult son stayed in 2 rooms for 5 nights. The B&B is in easy walking distance of Brussels South Train station. Maybe not the most attractive part of town but not threatening or uncomfortable and an easy walk to the center of the old town. The house itself was very comfortable. Spacious rooms, great beds, good breakfast, heat worked well, as did the wifi.
There is no lift, so keep that in mind when you book. My wife and I stayed in the first bedroom, one flight up. Our son stayed in a 2 story duplex 3 flights up. . Sophie spoke perfect English and was very helpful as we planned our days. The south train station, Brussels Midi or Zuid, has frequent trains to Bruges , Ghent, etc. so a good place to make day trips from. All in all a great choice for Brussels ( which we think is an underrated city). When we left for the airport, Sophie arranged for a taxi to pick us up at a prearranged price, very smooth.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful and pleasant stay! The place is also not too far from Grand Place. Stayed here for a total of 12 days, and we never regretted it! Even the breakfast spread was wonderful. Even my 3-year-old is feeling good just in the room. Thanks again for the great stay!

Room Tip: It is common in Europe to climb flight of stairs(They do not have lifts usually anyway). The smaller...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and had a really nice time. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. Bathroom looks very good. Most of all, the breakfast is superb! We especially liked the personal character of such a small B&B.

Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I chose this because of trip advisor's reviews and was not disappointed! Sofie and Stephen (hope I spelled his name right) were more than helpful. Our computer broke 4 days into our trip and we were lost without it as we had skyped our family back in Canada...Sophie not only directed us to a company that fixed it within 2 hours but loaned us hers and helped with the language translation...This young, well educated couple went out of their way to help us with restaurants, maps, and even tape for a broken suitcase on the last day.
Their B &B is spacious, clean, very close (we walked with 2 heavy suitcases) and quiet...yes moroccan men sit all day in cafe/bars outside but the area is very safe...very close to the old quarter and the beautiful hotel de ville...we loved the room with the balcony..it is a treasure...We will return if we decide to visit Brussels again. we fell in love with their coffee and want to buy the jura machine!

Room Tip: we loved room 3 with the balcony overlooking the street! quiet and airy!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here for four nights in October. Room 5 was perfect for us. Only complaints were that its on the very top floor (5 flights up or so?) and the grate on the catwalk really hurts your bare feet! Some sort of area rug or runner would be great there. Otherwise, we were very please with our stay!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in room 5 for 2 nights, beautiful room, extremely spacious and nicely decorated. Sofie was a great host and let us store our bags on the last day for a few hours after we had checked out which we were extremely grateful for, she also trusted us with the key to get the bags later in the day, so yes, a fantastic host couldn't have asked for more! In addition to this, the breakfast included was lovely, a great mix of pastries, fruit and natural yoghurt (which suited me) and continental meats, cheeses, breads and freshly cooked eggs (which suited my partner) as well and tea's, coffee's and freshly squeezed orange juice. Fab! Only criticism is the area, late at night I found it intimidating, not so much during the day. I wouldn't let it put me off staying there again however as long as I wasn't on my own, it doesn't affect the rating I give the hotel but worth mentioning.

Tip - The hotel is closer to Brussels Zuid (South)/Brussels midi train station, however we took the slightly (maybe 5 minutes) longer walk from Brussels central as the station was a lot more friendly and the walk to the hotel felt much safer and more well lit. We walked for Brussels Zuid once and found the station itself to feel very intimidating, gangs hanging around outside as well as having to walk in pitch black part of the way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sweet Brussels? Share your experiences!