“Clean, firm beds, fine breakfast, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Hotel Wavre

You added Leonardo Hotel Wavre to your Saves list
Leonardo Hotel Wavre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de La Wastinne 45, Wavre 1301, Belgium (Formerly Novotel Wavre Bruxelles Est)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Wavre
Tulsa
“Clean, firm beds, fine breakfast, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

You need a reaon to overnight in Wavre, and unless you're a fan of water parks (there's one within walking distance, across a busy highway), it's business that brings you to this hotel. What's not to like about this operation? The beds are firm, the neighborhood is ultra-quiet, the bar is provisioned with good Belgium beer. But--at least in June 2011 when I was there--they did not provide in-room wireless. Motel 3 in Back Acre, Arkansas provides free wi-fi--why can't these "better" European hostelries do the same?

Room Tip: No room is exposed to traffic noise as the hotel is situated in its own little park.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here once before, two years ago, and it hasn't changed a bit. It's still clean and friendly. It's still in the middle of nowhere, which they can't of course do anything about.

But it is increasingly unacceptable for a hotel not to have wi-fi (they say they do, but in fact it doesn't work, as other reviewers have also noted) nor a gym, especially since you literally cannot walk out from the hotel as it is surrounded by highways and an industrial park. The elevator holds only 3 people at a time. The toilets are in tiny little molded-fiberglass pods. The lighting in the rooms is inadequate for anyone trying to read or work.

All in all, it's time for them to make a little effort to modernize this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was our stop over hotel on a coach holiday to Austria from the UK but there were many other private guests staying there as well.

A smart and modern hotel which I would class as a business hotel. It has a large car park and a swimming pool and patio / garden which we did not have time to use. A small lift near reception takes you to floors 1 to 3. The lift gets crowded when coach parties arrive and all wish to get to their rooms but at other times is perfectly adequate. There is another lift at the other end of the hotel.

Rooms were largish, modern, and clean as was the bathroom which has a bath and separate shower unit. The toilet is separate to the bathroom and on the small side. Liquid soap and shower gel provided in large fixed bottles. Fridge in room (un- stocked) which I guess you could use to keep drinks cold. Double rooms had a double bed and a double sofa bed. Both were made up for a couple staying in the room so you could have a bed each. Very comfortable beds. A couple of spare power sockets in the room to charge up phones, use a hair dryer etc but the sockets have a solid earth pin so make sure any adapter for UK equipment has a hole to take this pin otherwise it will not fit. We were surprised that tea & coffee making facilities were in the room (powdered milk) as well. Extra sets of coffee, tea etc are 5 Euros. TV has German, French, and UK channels (e.g. BBC1, ITV 1).

Breakfasts are self service and consist of fruit salad, pastries, breads, meats / cheeses, jams, yoghurt, and cooked (sausage balls, scrambled eggs, baked beans, and bacon pieces). You help yourself to coffee, tea etc from a large modern machine.

For our dinner we had set meal choices (Approx. 20 Euros for a three course meal ) e.g. soup, fish (actually fish cakes rather than whole fish) & chips, spaghetti bolognese, burger & chips / salad, mushroom & bacon tagliatelle, apple pie etc but there was an extensive menu for those wishing to have something else (more expensive).

There is also a reasonably sized bar area next to reception serving the normal range of drinks and coffee / tea. Wine was about 5 Euros and beer 4 Euros. Soft drinks and tea / coffee were less.

You can use a computer near reception to access the internet or there is a cable connection in the bedroom and wifi (all chargeable). I tried to use my BT password as they were stated to be a partner and access would be free but it did not work. There was adequate voice/ data reception via my smartphone in the hotel.

Overall a perfectly acceptable hotel which I would not hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We first came across this hotel because we could not find the one we were looking for and it was 10.30 at night! What a find! We loved it as soon as we arrived. This year we booked it in advance. We had a lovely large room with a really big bed. We dined in the hotel's restaurant and slept really well in our quiet room. Breakfast was all one expects in Belgium, delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011 via mobile

Generally ok but bathrooms were quite strange but clean. Outdoor pool looked nice for summer visitors. Good options at breakfast though not great choice or value at dinner. BBC and ITV channels in room! Overall nice enough

• Stayed April 2011
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I was there for a few days on a business trip with my wife. The double room is spacious with a sofa inside. The breakfast is ok. But it turned out that I can't access the internet in my room. And I had to go down to the lobby in front of the front desk for internet in such a cold weather. Isn't it ridiculous? Moreover, they didn't tell me the fact about the internet failure in the room until I failed to use it. When I called them, they even asked me to come down to the desk for the password for internet. Why didn't they just give the password to us as soon as we checked in? Moreover, I said I have to use the internet for business emergency. Then the guy in the front desk told me that I need to pay if I want to use their desktop for internet. Yet the trouble was caused by their internet failure.

Most of all, the so called gentle-man in the front desk was not that gentle. He never smiled to guests when we checked in. Not friendly, not make me feel like at home. I have emailed my feedback to the hotel but so far no response.

In the rainy evening, it took us a long time to find the hotel after we got off Ware rail way station. We were lost there in the rain.. It was a kind stranger who drove us to the hotel on the cold rainy night

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

Stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of our visit to berlin for the wall celebrations. Room excellent, staff very efficient. Food was average but eatable! Price of drinks was rather high but it was an hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Leonardo Hotel Wavre? Share your experiences!