“No words, only taste...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 986 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Private Home Dining, Catering, Event and business meeting.
Antwerp, Belgium
“No words, only taste...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

After frequenting the former Sombat restaurant for the past 20 years, we followed Sombat to his own personal zen place.The energy of the new concept combined with the warm personality of Sombat, gave us an unforgettable feeling in mind and stomach.
Do not hesitate to try out this excellent experience.
No more words, only taste....
Warm greetings,
Liesbet & Bart

• Visited May 2014
Sombat1, Owner at Sombat Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Liesbet& Bart,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing Sombat Private Home Dining and your confidence in our activities for more than 20 years.
I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and our sense of hospitality.

We are truly appreciative of your time in writing this review and I would like to thank you on their, and of course my own behalf.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.
Kindest regards,

• Thai first
Antwerp, Belgium
“An experience from a whole other level.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Where do I start? Really! This was one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had in my life. And to be clear, I have visited my fair share of restaurants. Everyhing is about one simple concept: Slow Food... The host was very open and friendly. The setting and the atmosphere were wonderful. It's like going to someone's beautiful home where you can eat like a king. We also received multiple treats from the house. There is no menu. The content of the courses differs from day to day and depends on the fresh products bought that same day on market. When you inform them about people in your company whom might have special wishes like vegi or vegan, tell them and they will take that into account. It's also very private. There were approximately 16 visitors. I'll certainly go back and I can recommend this with all my heart to anyone who is looking for a special evening with delicious food and great people.

• Visited May 2014
Sombat1, Owner at Sombat Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a marvelous review and I'll make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

With our best regards,
“Lovely! Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

While I had not been to the previous Sombat establishement when it existed as a larger more commerical restaurant, my husband and I dined here this past weekend. It doesn't look like much from the outside- truly a townhome front- very large doors open to a beautiful, airy, welcoming dining experience. the 5 appetizers, 3 main course, left us smiliing and stuffed. Each dish was beautifully presented and very delcision by very kind, gracious staff. A variety of flavors is offered from the pre set menu. If the weather cooperates, the large moveable wall on the back side of the home opens to a well kept garden perfect for enjoying a cocktail. A must go. Reservations HIGHLY recommended as there are ~7 tables.

• Visited April 2014
Sombat1, Owner at Sombat Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about our Private Home Dining. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and our home.

I will make sure to share your gracious comment about the food with our culinary team, they will be very happy to receive it.

We are looking forward to having you back with us soon .

Antwerpen
“An excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

On Friday 29th of march we had a wonderfull evening at Sombat's Thai Cuisine. A great variety of surprising dishes. The best food we ever had in Thais restaurants. Sombat and his team are generous and friendly hosts. The interior is splendid. The garden also.

• Visited March 2014
Sombat1, Owner at Sombat Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, this is much appreciated.
We were pleased to hear that you love our food, interior and our garden.

It is always my greatest pleasure to provide you with our service and we are glad you had a wonderful experience.
We would like to thank you for spending the evening with us.

Boechout, Belgium
“Everything we'd hoped for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had a marvelous, romantic Valentine evening in a relaxing, homely atmosphere. A warm welcome was followed by exemplary service. We enjoyed the great variety of surprising dishes, freshly cooked with a lot of love by the sister of the owner Sombat in an open kitchen. For this special Valentine evening, several tables were put for a tête-à-tête dinner, whereas in normal setting, guests are invited to join at the large dinner table.
Sombat even gave us great advice for our upcoming vacation in Thailand in April.
Unfortunately it was already dark outside so we could not enjoy the beautiful zen garden. We’re already looking forward to our next visit because this first dining experience was everything we’d hoped for.
Peggy& Johan

• Visited February 2014
Sombat1, Owner at Sombat Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Peggycnn,

First and foremost thank you very much for your decision to enjoy dinner with us !
in addition we are truly thankful for your review.

And we are very proud that you found your particular experience was great, the food, the atmosphere and the garden !

Thank you so much and wishing you a wonderful day and safe travels to Thailand,
and we are looking forward to hearing the story of your trip when you are back.

Best regards.