“Do Not Go There” 1 of 5 stars

AZ
5 attraction reviews
“Do Not Go There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Score: 0 Diamondland, Anrwerp, Belgium, Do not go there On May 5, 2013 I purchased a ring at Diamonland in Antwerp. At the time I was given an invoice and a return envelope along with instructions to have customs stamp the invoice on my leaving the EU and then I was to mail the stamped invoice to Diamondland in the provided envelope. They assured me that the refund would be processed promptly - in fact they made a point of emphasizing the promptness of their refunds.
On June 8, 2013 I left the EU from Heathrow and had the invoice stamped. I mailed it to Diamondland from home in Arizona on June 10, 2013. I have heard nothing from Diamondland.
I wrote them an e mail (using the e mail address on their invoice.) on July 26, 2013 asking for status. No response was received.
I wrote again on August 26, 2013. Still no response.
I then wrote on September 3, 2013 and asked for a return receipt. I did get a receipt back.
I also sent the same note from the "contact us" instruction on their website - which, incidentally uses the same e mail address I had been using.
No response from either inquiry.
Diamondland has had numerous opportunities to contact me or provide the refund. They have my address and also the credit card I used to make the purchase.
I believe Frommer's should take their recommendation off their Antwerp site. This was why we shopped there.

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forums-main.html?plckForumPage=ForumCategory&plckCategoryId=Cat%3aa19af3d3-c3e0-4eee-971f-8903a8a70689#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3Aa19af3d3-c3e0-4eee-971f-8903a8a70689Forum%3Ae7c448d7-36ec-4fc4-ab2c-1c1103e8f422Discussion%3Ae409faaa-e94d-44aa-9006-c71a92902844#ixzz2hKp2al2I

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Thane
3 attraction reviews
“Be very careful. Seems to be closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I did not know anything about diamonds. But I saw some reviews which recommended Diamondland and so went there. They were very courteous and I spent a good price on a pair of solitaire diamonds (too embarassed to say how much)

As soon as I reached India, some of my friends who know diamonds told me that I had 5 times the price of what they are worth. I also checked with some other jewelry shops and they too told me that I had been cheated. I also did not get the VAT refund. They had advised me to send the documents directly to them instead of taking it at the airport.

The next time, I went to Antwerp, I went to the shop and found it closed for inventory. They never picked up the phone for several days.

Now as I stated earlier, I dont understand diamonds. From my experience, I advise you to stay away. If you must buy 0.1 Carat = 100 Euros max. At least make sure that the person you are buying for is present.

Visited July 2013
Sunndalsora, Norway
34 attraction reviews
“If you dont want to bye diamonds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you dont want to bye diamonds, dont spent your time on it. Wery little information and nothing to see, if you want just to look at diamonds, just go to the nearest jewellery shop. My visit was part of buss tour from Brussels and I personly prefere to visit Rubens hous instead.

Visited June 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
11 attraction reviews
“On your own or as a couple, or group, Diamondland is the place of choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I recently visited Diamonland for the purchase of a gift for myself. I had taken into account other reviewers of DL as a deciding factor and can only add my review to convince any other person wishing to buy diamonds. Why Diamond Land? The personal service from the very first email sent to Guy Kleinblatt convinced me that this was a company who had my interest at heart. I was not at all certain as to what I actually wanted in terms of design and felt I'd leave it to Guy, who incidentally is the resident goldsmith and not a salesman. At no time was I pressured into making a selection which I didn't want or like. Even when it came to a choice of two rings, both of which I eventually purchased, did I feel pushed into making an irrational choice. I was allowed to 'umm and ahhh' until I felt close to finding something which was what I probably had in mind, just hadn't seen in reality yet. Give yourself a good few hours as choosing something like a diamond which is not an everyday purchase requires time and some pre knowledge. I would suggest having the basic understanding of diamond vocabulary, clarity, cut and carot in order to fully appreciate what is being presented to you. However, I am equally sure that if you haven't done your homework beforehand, the advice and suggestions from Guy would be valid and with full integrity. Am I making Diamond Land a Guy Kleinblatt experience? I hope not, but I do believe it is well worth asking for his assistance.

Visited September 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value but not much to look at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We travelled to Antwerp in July 2011. We were in touch with Arco in advance. We gave him the time we would be around and unfortunately he was out for lunch when we arrived which was frustrating as we were only in Antwerp for one afternoon! The showroom is a bit "soviet union" as a friend described it to me! BUT when Arco arrived and we started negotation, I was not disappointed and got an amazing deal on a classic solitaire diamond. Much more for our money than I would have got at home. We watched being made after we chose the stone and the ring which was wonderful. So long and the short, great deal but not much to look at!!