“Comfortable hotel with gym, pool, sauna, ...” 4 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Antwerp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Antwerp, Belgium
“Comfortable hotel with gym, pool, sauna, ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blue Astrid for 3 nights in a standard double room. I'm mostly used to budget hotels in London and never tend to stay in this kind of hotel. I got a very good price and I'm glad I was able to experience a lovely spacious hotel room for once. By my standards the room was huge and the bathroom was fairly big too. You won't miss any luxuries here: plenty of towels and bathroom supplies, hair dryer, laundry line, iron and ironing board, mini bar, room service, etc. The hotel even has an indoor pool, hot tub, fully equipped gym and masseurs. It has a sauna and steam room too, which my sister used, but she wasn't too impressed with those. The location is great. The only thing I had trouble with was the free wifi. We could only get it to work on 1 of the 4 appliances we had with us. Even in that case it would only work in specific (inconvenient) areas of the hotel room.

Nice experience, but now it's back to budget hotels!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Danielle, Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The location of the Radisson Blu Astrid is very central as most other reviews have already indicated, but what distinguished it for me (other than I had a very good price so I must judge it accordingly), was the view from the restaurant to the central station, which is majestic, and the service. The staff was truly friendly. The room is typical Radisson, meaning comfortable and clean and the amenities were fine. It was clam. Wifi worked very well and the breakfast was really good!
I would like to thank the staff at the restaurant for actually getting out of their way to provide appropriate food to one of our party members, who was not feeling well. They also showed a LOT of restraint with a (large) group of children accompanying their families to a congress taking place in the hotel. I would personally would have not stood the mess they made, but they were very professional in the way that they handled the kids.
There is always room for improvement obviously and in any hotel, so in this case, I would say the information available about public transportation could be much better: the information I got from the front desk on the buses and the metro was not precise. Yes, there is a tube station RIGHT next door, but in case you are unable to take a very long staircase down, or are accompanied by a reduced mobility person, you would not know what to do since no signs are available.
The pool is relaxing and so are the sauna and steam rooms, although they are a little small, but perfect for the end of day relaxation session. The gym was alright too.
I would stay there again if in Antwerp!

Room Tip: I did not get the room that overlooks the central station, but it should be very beautiful especiall...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Flying M

Thank you very much for your great feedback.I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of our hotel facilities. I would like to thank you for the nice compliment on our staff, it is nice to hear that they showed it's Yes I Can spirit. I hope we can welcome you back soon at Radisson Blu Astrid Antwerp Hotel.

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are arriving by train, then the Radisson Blu is perfectly located – just a 2-minute walk from the beautiful Antwerp Central station and across the Astrid square.

You need to climb up a few stairs to enter the hotel – however if you are carrying heavy luggage, the hotel staff helps with the use of a small lift, which is used for taking up the luggage and wheelchairs etc.

We had room facing the Astrid square and the Antwerp station – lovely view. The rooms are comfortable and of a decent size with tea and coffee making machine and complementary bottled water. Bathrooms have bathtubs and showers with fairly good quality toiletries. Towels though are a bit worn out and need changing. Wi Fi is free but a bit slow.

The hotel is very well located . Trams, buses and the underground metro are available as you step out of the hotel. The Hop on Hop off tourist bus starts from in front of the hotel and is convenient and a great way to see the sights of the city. Convenience stores are around the corner for anything you may need. The old city is about 20 minutes walk or 3 stops away by the underground metro.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the Astrid Square and the Station
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pravine

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the lovely view at the Central station. I do however apologize for the communication problem regarding public transport. I will pass this feedback to our reception team so that they can can update this for further guests. I hope we can welcome you back soon in Antwerp.

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

we spent 1 night here on a quick trip to Antwerp. The location is central and the room size was ok by my standards. Breakfast was good. Would have been an enjoyable stay if it was not hot been so hot! The AC was not on and there were no rooms available with air. only a small window could be opened. It was miserable! and had problems with the car in parking. hotel manager is helpful in this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Ashley J

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the breakfast. I do however apologize for the inconvenience with the airco. We are fixing the problem now so i do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

veldhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have stayed here many years ago, when it was still called Astrid Hotel. Again we have enjoyed our stay very much. The room was very comfortable with free coffee, tea and water and because we had a superior room we also got 2 bath robes free of charge.
They have a great fitness room and a very good swimming pool with sauna, whirlpool etc. which we enjoyed to use before breakfast. Trams, buses and metro are within 50 meters from the hotel; but going to the centre by foot is also doable.

Room Tip: rooms with a view of Astrid Square
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear gerardaVeldhoven

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am verry happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel already several times. The hotel is indeed located conveniently to discover Antwerp. I hope we can welcome you back soon in Antwerp.

Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had the pleasure staying at the hotel for 3 nights during my last visit to Antwerp and the stay was superb. Hotel staff are very professional and good at what they do and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Location is excellent either if you want to visit the old city or hop on a train to another city or nearby country.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Ststorey

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is indeed located very convenient to discover Antwerp or Belgium. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It's in a central location with friendly staff and great facilities. The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast's superb. There is also parking at the hotel though at an extra charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Martin W

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that't our staff showed it's "Yes I Can" service. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Dieter Acke

Been to Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp? Share your experiences!