“World drug free powerlifting 2013 venue” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Antwerp
Boston, United Kingdom
“World drug free powerlifting 2013 venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for the World drug free powerlifting 2013 over 5 days. This is a modern well kept Hotel around 4 miles from Antwerp City Centre (Local bus leaves regularly from a stop straight outside the Hotel €2 euros at time of writing this review each way) Food is of a good standard with a range of Beers, Wines and Spirits available (Quite pricey, but to be expected in a Hotel of this star rating in Belgium) Good service from friendly staff. Would defiantly stay here again when next in Antwerp.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Chris E,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay experience here on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure hosting you and the World drug free powerlifting event at our hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to share you kind comments with my entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen if your travel plans bring you back to Antwerp!

Hans Wils

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Castle Hedingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sadly we were only here for one night en route for a business trip to Germany. We had stayed here before several years ago as it is convenient for the motorway. We were delighted to see that the hotel had been renovated and in such an innovative and interesting way. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly, efficient and welcoming. Everywhere was clean and the breakfast was enjoyable with plenty of choice. However the hot food could have been hotter. As we were only at the hotel for one night we did not have time to visit the city centre but we were told that we could have caught a bus just outside and for 2 Euros we would be in the centre. There were also bicycles to hire. Checkout was quick and efficient. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the quality was very good with excellent presentation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Patricia V,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience here on TripAdvisor!
It gives me great pleasure to read that you like the renovation that has been done to the hotel in order to improve our guest stay experience.

I am happy to share your positive comments with my team and I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is a base for us to further improve your future experiences at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Antwerpen next time you travel to Antwerp, and hopefully you’ll find the time to visit the beautiful city center as well!

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was a nice experience , Nice Stay!! Enjoyed three weeks here , the rooms are clean and basic, breakfast was good, something for everyone. The decor and pool are pretty awesome I want a pool like that at home. very modern but seems a bit odd having boutique-esq decor in the reception and then the rooms are standard for crowne plaza.I would definitely recommend for business and leisure travellers alike. The hotel is located a bit out of the centre of Antwerp, and my taxi cost about €14 from the Centraal station.

Abu Paul
Bangalore , INDIA

Room Tip: I was staying in the 12th floor , It was a nice view!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Abupaul,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience in Crowne Plaza Antwerpen with fellow travellers here on TripAdvisor!
It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I’m happy to share your comments with our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back if you travel to Antwerpen again!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms are clean and basic, breakfast was good, something for everyone. The decor and pool are pretty awesome I want a pool like that at home. very modern but seems a bit odd having boutique-esq decor in the reception and then the rooms are standard for crowne plaza. It really isnt convenient for the centre of town, it was clean and served its purpose. It is comfortable and I had a good night sleep. They over charged me for my roooms for which I had to point out and got a refund on. THe staff at reception werent the friendliest or most helpful I had to ask myself where and when breakfast was you would think this is infomration you would volunteer to your guests when they check in. you get what you pay for it is the Crowne plaza after all not like you are staying at a 5 star hotel, not memorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KavitsMJ

Thank you for taking your time to post about your stay here on TripAdvisor.

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed our recently renovated and modern pool.
It is true that the hotel is not located in the City Center, that is why we built the entire hotel in the atmosphere of Antwerp, so that if you don’t make it to the city center, you still enjoyed a nice part of Antwerp!

We do have a bus that stops right in front of the hotel and takes you to the center in about 10 minutes if you wish to visit the historical city center.

We absolutely appreciate the feedback you posted, as this is a great tool for us to grow in guest experience, so thank you again and we hope to welcome you back if your travel plans bring you to Antwerpen again!

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few years ago . The hotel was fairly nice and staff pleasant.

On my return have noticed a HUGE renervation has taken place. The whole hotel has had a face lift which makes it warm, inviting and a pleasure to do business.

The staff are great, always willing to help. Say hi to Merlin always seems to be on front desk and what a nice guy.

Food is great, try the entrecote!!

Beds are cumpfy and nice. Black out curtains , Perfect!!

• Stayed June 2013
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Indiana_Tricky

Thank you very much for your positive review here on TripAdvisor!
Our hotel has indeed been renovated, and I’m very pleased to read that this improved your stay experience!

It is my pleasure to share your kind words with my whole team.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen!

France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm using this hotel when I travel to Belgium since 2 year now and I was never disappointed by the hotel.
the room are confortable and the staff always dedicated.
Good restaraunt and bar
Sprot, SPA and pool are very nice and always clean

Room Tip: Room in the upprt level are quieter than the 1st or second floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear 37Pascal,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor!
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received here at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Antwerpen again!
Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Antwerp for a business meeting and I was extremely satisfied with the hotel and its staff team members. I would definitely recommend for business and leisure travellers alike.

The hotel is located a bit out of the centre of Antwerp, and my taxi cost about €14 from the Centraal station. The decoration throughout was very modern and with lovely modern touches. There is even a 'food shop' located near the reception, with sandwiches, snacks, drinks etc, which I thought it was quite handy if you are in a hurry. Check-in was very smooth and the receptionist was very nice and welcoming.

I was given a room on the 11th floor, with nice views to the park. Size was good and decoration was also very modern. Room was very clean, with all the amenities you'd get in a business hotel.

I had dinner at their Anna restaurant, and it was very good. The service was a bit slow, however the team members were working really hard, as the restaurant was quite full. Service, again, was very good, with the waitress being quite friendly. Breakfast was very good also, a lot of variety, much more than you'd normally get (at least in the UK!), there were many hot items, but I really enjoyed the choices with the cold meats, cheeses and 6 types of bread and bread rolls!

As I delivered a training at this hotel, I really enjoyed their meeting rooms and their food options. The meeting room was located on the last floor, with amazing views from the top. The food was really good and with great presentation - I had to take a picture, it was really different from what I'm used to in hotels across the UK. The team members were very helpful, and really helped me to have a great and productive meeting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear JulesM2012,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience here on Tripadvisor.
I’m very glad to read that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay and meeting here at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen!

It gives me great pleasure to share your kind words with my whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you travel to Antwerpen again !

Hans Wils

Been to Crowne Plaza Antwerpen? Share your experiences!