“Perfect food, ambience & service in Old City” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Maryland
“Perfect food, ambience & service in Old City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Hard to find but very worth it. All food cooked over open fire....best baked potato iI ever had....lamb delicious, salad with chopped apples divine...great lamb brochettes.....but the dish I will remember is this baked apple with Calvados for dessert...
An intensely personal experience. My new favorite restaurant.

Manila, Philippines
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

An Antwerp gem! Food is excellent. Service is also great. The place had 2 servers, one being the chef who cooked the bread, potatoes and meat on an open grill.

For starters try the Brick, Salad with bacon (I'd order two!) and the Artichoke dish. We were very happy with our lamb chops and fillet mignon. Not too happy with the apple pie but a lot seemed to like it. I can't wait to go back and try their other dishes!

We were a group of 5 adults and 2 kids. our bill came to 150 Euros. Not bad for the amount of food we had and how pleased we were with our meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hard to find but please don't give up get to the ally way 16 Oude koornmarket got at the end you will find a gem of a Resto
Must have the streak & baked potatoes , yummy wine list is small but great for the menu . Love it

Visited December 2012
central Florida
“Marvelous hidden gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend and I ate here with friends of hers while visiting Antwerp. This restaurant was marvelous. As others have mentioned, watch the steps going down and up, they are steep and slippery in the rain.

Once inside you feel like you are in another time. There is an open wood grill in the small dining area where various things are grilled and heated. The menu is surprisingly well-priced for the atmosphere and quality of the restaurant. I love lamb but am particular about the way I like it to taste so I rarely order it. Here, I decided to try it and am so glad I did, Delicious, savory, perfectly cooked. I rate it as one of the five best meals I've had in my travels.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oeiras, Portugal
“your clothes will remember you were there...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good grilled meat and friendly staff at normal Belgian prices. Nothing really over the top, but you'll be OK.
Two potential drawbacks: (1) watch the stairs to enter the restaurant, as they are really steep and small; (2) because it is a (very) closed cosy space, you are seating in the same area where your meat is being grilled, and whatever you have on will smell like grilled meat for the rest of the night.
Would I go back? Only on a cold winter night, as I am sure it will feel very warm inside...

• Visited September 2012