“Small and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Groothertoginnelaan 42, 2517 EH The Hague, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 66 hotels in The Hague
Nairobi, Kenya
“Small and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed here in April 2011 but trip advisor doesn't allow me that option! Maybe I am reviewing late. But nevertheless this was my first experience with Best Western. Located in the more quiet section of the Hague, this hotel may seem far from the bustle of the Hague, but it is the kind of silence we all need. Run by a friendly family this hotel is hardly full, and its silence is always a good feeling after a long and tiring day.Very good and personalized service. AS usual free (although very tiny) "business centre" (With only one computer, it does have its inconveniences and be ready for a queue!

Room Tip: If you need serene view, take the upper left view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
TheHagueEmma, Owner at BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your review! It is always so nice to hear that guests enjoy the peace and friendliness of our hotel! We would love to accomodate you next time...take care! Emma van Dorsten

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Booked last moment the Best Western Petit for two nights. I took bus n 24 from station to Brudstraat- Buldshuit stop ( not sure about spelling) really easy cost 2.50 euro for a single trip bus stop near Hotel. Hotel is not in the centre it's 20 minutes walk from the centre after Peace Palace near embassy area. Very nice area lovely buildings, posh area but in bead weather you are stuck with the good and reliable service of the bus which stops nearby.
I took same bus n 24 to get to the Centre & back ended up paying around 18 euros...

I first got a room on the first floor but I thought it was too noisy so I asked to be moved or at the back of the buidling or higher up. The hotel is on a busy main road so from the front and side of the Hotel room you can hear noise from ongoing traffic. The back of the Hotel should be more quite. They gave me another room top floor very nice with yellow panelling still could hear noise from cars there is no double glazing on windows.
Room was well kept very clean nice with small flat screen tv and nice shower, bed bit to soft for me I like a hard bed. I did sleep well first night but second night I didn't a bunch of kids where calling each other from corridor below and opposite my room late at night I told stuff in reception and where v helpful and sorted the problem. If you are sensitive to noise like I am I suggest you to ask for a room at the back or bring earplugs thought I could still hear people slumming doors the following night with earplugs..
The Hotel is nice, stuff very friendly & helpful. I really enjoyed the breakfast I liked the mini Dutch pancakes thought there where no croissants but other types of pastries which I didn't eat & no bananas & no dutch pancakes my favourite on sunday. The musli & yoghurt was of good quality but no soya milk or an alternative to diary products, no bacon but they had lots of differrent types of fruit, cheeses, ham, jams a good variety. The breakfast room is nice you can see a garden in the distance..
I liked the Hotel and the stuff but I think next time I would go in a soundproof hotel in the centre to save money on bus fare and get a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Room at the front and side of building noisier
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
TheHagueEmma, Owner at BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this interview! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. For your next stay we suggest you book a room on the back side of the hotel, it is very quiet there (we only once had a complaint about the birds that sang too loud...). Also, we now sell tickets for public transport, wich will save our guests a lot of money (2,60 to the center and back). So, once again, thank you very much and we hope to accomodate you again soon!
Best regards,
Emma van Dorsten
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 8 days in June. Picked the hotel because it was near the World Forum where I was attending a meeting for a few days. Unique property in the middle of a diplomatic area - embassies, consulates, and homes of diplomats. Could look across the lake to the Russian Embassy and could walk down the street and look at the US Ambassador's house. Really liked the hotel, large rooms and the staff took good care of us. It is also fairly close to a main tram line. However, while the neighborhood is great, there are not too many restaurants nearby. Count on walking about 1km to any of the restaurants near-by.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

The staff is friendly and helpful. The quadruple room we stayed in was well kept. The toilet was very clean. At night the room was warm. Internet access is available and fast. The cost also is an advantage, not to forget the nice breakfast. I think I am going to choose Best Western Hotel Petit in my next visit to The Hague.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I spent four nights at Hotel Petit and it was wonderful. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was great. The rooms can be a bit noisy as they are close together and the walls are a bit thin but its not that annoying. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return again especially because of the hotels close proximity to The Peace Palace.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
TheHagueEmma, Owner at BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We will certainly keep up the good work, having such great guests as you!!! See you next time...

Best regards,

Emma van Dorsten
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Two years on and I was happy to find the same great service.
Although the hotel is now part of the Best Western chain it kept its homely feel and helpful, attentive staff.
I loved the top floor room with clever use of space and sunny colors, the comfy single bed, flat-screen TV, wall mirror and other amenities. The lift is a bonus.
I definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly visit again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Christchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We spent a week at hotel Petit for our board meeting and were very satisfied. Emma and her staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests and to make our stay comfortable. The rooms were reasonably priced and spotless. Breakfast was good, (although some guests would have appreciated the option of porridge and scrambled eggs). We used the hotel board room and found it to be an inspiring setting for our meeting, with loads of natural light and a lush garden to look onto.

WiFi was available (although some guests on the top floor had trouble connecting - we would recommend taking a cable with you just in case).

We would definitely stay at hotel Petit again when in The Hague. Our grateful thanks to Emma and her team!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Petit? Share your experiences!