“A bit of a sleeping factory” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Den Haag City Centre

You added Ibis Den Haag City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Den Haag City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Hendrikstraat 10 | Den Haag, 2512 GL The Hague, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
UP TO 30% - EARLY BOOKING
Ranked #24 of 69 Hotels in The Hague
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A bit of a sleeping factory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Admittedly I only arrived here at midnight, and left at 8 the following morning, but this hotel wil not be my first choice when I return to the Hague. The room was adequate - although the pillows were far too soft for my taste - if a bit sparse, and the shower was good, but breakfast was chaotic, with a scrum near the lifts as guests tried to pay, call the lift, find their way around the odd system and squeeze between the tables.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at the Ibis over a year ago. In total 5 of us stayed at the hotel whilst visiting family. The booking and check in process was hassle free even though there were multiple rooms. So often this can be a headache.

The hotel is very central and was very good value. The rooms were clean and spacious. I thought the design of the room was a little unusual particularly the bathroom but I really liked it. It was different to the standard hotel room.

The Hague itself is a lovely city and in fact we all preferred it to Amsterdam. If we return, we will definitely stay in the Ibis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Only Best this of this place is its location. Its very close to City Center (Major Tourist Attraction) , Tram stop is at 2 min walk. 10 min from Den Haag Centraal Station.

Rooms are very basic, You don't get hot kettle or coffee maker.

Place is good for a short stay, and specially if you are there for a Work + Leisure trip.
Good restaurants, Bar, Pubs are near by.
Internet (WiFi) is available in Hotel rooms, Lobby, waiting areas. Staff is friendly and helpful.
City Guide, Maps are available at the reception.

View from rooms is also good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thanking you that you have taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We have kettles and tea and coffee at the reception. These can be borrowed for a deposit.I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are hoping to welcome you again in our hotel.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It may just be because I came straight from a cramped 4 to a berth inside cabin on the ferry from Newcastle but this Ibis was luxury in comparison. I've only stayed in one other Ibis (the other was the Ibis in Nice which I did not like) but this was far superior. Great room size and a decent breakfast. My only quibble was with the lift system which was so slow in the morning that I decided to take the stairs only to find out that they only led to the street via an alarmed fire exit so I had to walk back up 2 flights of stairs and wait for the lift. On arrival in the lobby I was told breakfast was on the 1st floor and to get there....yes you guessed right I had to take the lift again. Nice bar/lobby, very central...would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We ask our guests to take the lift to the breakfast room, because of the safety. We have closed our stairs in the lobby to the breakfastroom, so not everybody can go up. I'm sorry that you had to wait for the lift. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. The staff are extremely welcoming (especially those in the breakfast restaurant on the first floor). The room was spotless and well-organised although very basic in its features. I have stayed at other Ibis hotels in Europe and this was by far the best one in terms of value for money, customer service and location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first visit to an Ibis in years and I have to say it was amazing value for money. The lady at the bar (Bryony) was really amazing in her helpfulness given how late we arrived and more importantly her advise with beers :-)
The breakfast was brilliant for €16, much better choice than other hotels (Hilton etc).
Only one thing would have made this better is a face cloth in the bathroom!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, specially with Bryony. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Ibis for 4 days in The Hague. Clean and well presented. But I arrive back on the last day and let my room to someone else! To be fair I was relocated. Why, then, do they ask for all your email and phone details and haven't got the courtesy to let you know about the change and ask if you are happy to move! So stay here but you're just another kerching on the till rather than a valued customer. What's more I went back to get my key card deactivated for the old room, which they did, and at which point I returned and found surprised new occupants.

Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We have contact you personal about the your comment.

Been to Ibis Den Haag City Centre? Share your experiences!