“delicious authentic comfort food from southern Italy, cosy and family friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Het Gouden Konijn

Ranked #242 of 885 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Italian
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Since Het Gouden Konijn opened about a year ago, my family has become one of the regulars frequenting the restaurant for parenting group meet-ups or for simple comfort food. Andrea, Giuseppe and Sara are doing a great job in running an Italian delicatessen/cafe in the heart of Zeeheldenkwartier, surely The Hague's most 'gezellig' neighborhood.

Food is great. From their deliciously prepared bruschettas, varieties of hearty pastas, perfect blend of coffee to other regional products from southern Italy, Het Gouden Konijn never fails to surprise us with new things that we get to try every time we visit.

The place is so welcoming. The decor is bright and cheerful. The owners are so welcoming and accommodating, if I may say so - every one is treated like family or a real close family friend. It is no surprise that I have chosen this place as a regular meet-up point with friends!

Have I mentioned the set-up way at the back where there is a third of the room, full of toys and child-friendly space? The set-up says much about how the owners want to welcome families in their restaurant.

Most recently, I arranged with Sara my husband's birthday celebration as a private dinner party. I gave Sara my budget, described what our guest list would be like (12 adults, 8 kids under 5s including 3 under 2s!) and asked for cocktails and dinner set-up (5 hours!). I had full faith in the trio to surprise us once again.

Did I already mention that the food was great, the dinner set-up was wonderful (no decors required from me!), service was impeccable from start to finish! The trio - aside from doing what they do best (i.e. making sure we are eating and drinking well) - helped a lot to take photos and keep the kids entertained while the adults actually have time for plenty of (uninterrupted) conversations!

I do hope that by writing this review, I am doing justice to fantastic experience we had for my husband's birthday party.

Yes, we have become regulars at this place and we are really glad to have discovered the 'Golden Rabbit', the best little piece of Italy in the Hague's hippest quarter!

• Visited August 2013