“Good restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Melzo, Italy
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I think I hate my best hamburger ever in this restarurant! There is plenty of space for accomodating guests, moreover there is a garden on the back if you prefer to eat outisde. I went there by chance, but I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited August 2013

76% Recommend
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Best Carrot Cake in the Neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The place is small and cozy, with little pub-type booths in one side of the restaurant and rustic wooden furniture on the other side. The place is warm and the atmosphere is very relaxed, ideal for coffee and a good conversation. We decided to occupy the first booth, and the staff was quick to get us seated. Looking through the menu, my eyes fell on the carrot cake. I felt an instant shot of excitement. I had great expectations - simply because for me, there is no middle road when it comes to carrot cake - you either love it or hate it. So I decided to go for it, and my friend settled for the warm apple cake - a very classic Dutch afternoon treat.

My cake arrived and without second thoughts, I decided to take my first bite. The cake was just as I wanted my carrot cake to be, moist and not too sweet. My coffee was not too shabby either, although I have to admit it wasn't the best I've had. My friend liked the apple pie but the chocolate drink turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, not because it tasted bad, but because it was too good to be so foamy and less drinkable.

Overall, I had a lovely time. It was very cozy and the crew did an amazing job of making people really feel comfortable and attended to. I would definitely come back and invite friends to join me.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pieta, Malta
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went to this nicely done up restaurant and had a lamb burger with yogurt sauce. It was absolutely delicious. The service was good. The only thing I can complain about is that portions were not so big.

• Visited October 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Coffee in the garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the outside it appeared dark and a bit uninviting. Don't let it put you off. Keep walking right through until you come to the garden. Good coffee, tea - enjoy lunch or afternoon tea. Sit in the shade or join the Dutch in full sun. Friendly service. A nice place to take a break from shopping in the best shopping street in The Hague.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant for lunch with a friend and loved it. Great food, nice ambience and very friendly staff. Definitely a place I recommend!

• Visited May 2013