“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Den Haag World Forum

You added Novotel Den Haag World Forum to your Saves list
Novotel Den Haag World Forum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Johan de Wittlaan 42-44, 2517 JR The Hague, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference held in May 2013. The rooms are quite small but in decent condition. I agree with fellow travelers that the elevator was very slow. The breakfast was quite expensive and the choices were limited. It is in an ideal location if your conference is at the World Forum, but you are quite far from restaurants and sightseeing locations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know what you thought of our hotel and your stay.
This way we can improve our services.
We hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve!
Hope to see you again in the future,

Regards ,

Krijn Taat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I recently spent four days there. The location is ideal if attending a meeting in the adjoining conference centre but also practical in general. Within 10 minutes walk radius, one can find a shopping district, the Gemeentemuseum, IMAX cinema. Tram 1 takes you to Scheveningen seafront ( don't miss tea at the 'belle epoque' Kurhaus ) or the other direction to city centre and on to Delft. Tram17 to Central Station. Check-in check-out was quick, reception staff helpfully printed my boarding card, lent me an umbrella on a rainy day and gave useful tips when asked. Room service was efficient ( decent club sandwich ). The room (tenth floor) was spotless and daily cleaning was never late. The furnishings tasteful, sober colours. Reading lights were where you need them. Pillows soft, mattress firm. Nice view ( on a clear day ). If I were to nitpick, I would have liked a magnifying mirror in the bathroom and a telephone set next to the bed rather than on the desk. A pencil/ pen with the note pad was missing. Otherwise,all necessary items available: water boiler plus complementary tea and coffee bags, free wifi, safe and small fridge ( mercifully uncluttered ). Breakfast included in the room rate and worth its price. I had no difficulty finding a table even though there were many guests. True, the restaurant is rather dark, but a candlelight breakfast is not an unpleasant change.
All in all, four and a half stars, good value.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extensive review on our hotel. I am really happy you have given us a 4,5 star and especially proud you like the service we provide.
I really hope we can welcome you again soon in The Hague.
regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here three times now due to location but won't be staying again. Rooms are adequate but two factors have put me off

1. The lift - it takes an eternity to get to where you want to go. When the lift does eventually arrive it is full and you need to wait again. It takes a ridiculous amount of time!

2. Breakfast - rubbish. Rude staff. No where to sit. Whole areas cordoned off that they won't open 'because that's for the evening'. Food selection poor. Queue for coffee. No service.

In summary I'd say they have too many guests for the infrastructure of the hotel.

And this is not the result of one visit. It's the result of three. And I go to a lot of hotels.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear guest. Thank you very much for having taken the time to update us with your comments about your stay in our hotel.
Unfortunately you experienced longer waiting time for the elevators, which only every now and then occurs when the World Forum hosts a congress, and everybody wants to go up at the same time.
Your are totally right about the breakfast, and we will take immediate action towards the restaurant staff.
I do hope that these incidents do not withhold you from visiting us again in the near future.
Please inform me personally of your next visit, so I can look after your reservation myself.
With kindest regards,
H5389@accor.com
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is large and new, situated physically inside World Forum congress centre, so I was happy I stayed here due to my meeting at World Forum. You can get here e.g. by tram 17 from Railway Station.

Nice part is that breakfast is till 10:30. Breakfast is not large but has all typical continental ingredients. However its price of 20 Eur probably not friendly to leisure travelers who have to count money, this situation I often encounter in Central-European locations.

Rooms are spacious and all typical facilities are here. I like very much that you have a kettle in the room and the iron board. However watch for iron surface: it looked used and burnt a little. Worked ok, though, but left traces on clothes. If hotela reads this: check these.

What was really really funny is a heating/cooling. I stayed here in November, and in one room it was kinda hot. Floor was heated, and ventilation was dead. I opened the window, and it became reasonable there. I had to move to another room, and it was... very cold. Ventilaton was alive, but without heating effect. I complained to rececption and they were quickly served me with a heater, that brought temperature to good level. But still, it is very strange to have one hot and one very cold room right to each other. These were 902 and 905, by the way. I however have to add that in cold room heating was switched off and when it is on, heating works fine, just you can not heat already cold place fast enough. But all together, i could not tell that sleep quality was great.

On checkin they may ask if you prefer bathtub or shower. Or may not. They have rooms with both.

One interesting important detail: they ask for your credit card and record it in system as a guarantee and THIS BLOCK MONEY on your card (55.95 euro). They unblock when you leave. To avoid this, you may try to tell them up front that YOU DO NOT WANT ANY EXTRAS. God knows what it means but they may not ask for your card (providing that you have paid in advance for the stay. If you did not, they probably ask for card anyway).

I can not comment how well AC is working in summer. Noise isolation is fine, you won't hear others.

Staff was helpful and very attentive, so the service here is great.

Room Tip: Check conditions in the room and the behaviour of ventilation. Change room if not satisfied.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at tripadvisor. Of course we read this! I am happy you appreciated the kettle and ironing board in the room. We will definately check the irons as well as the heating system. Thank you for the nice words about our service !

Hope to welcome you again soon,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The staff are really friendly and the hotel is nice. The rooms are nice (although I did expect the Executive room to be bigger than it was. I believe the only difference to the normal rooms is that there is a sofa in there which would be hard to sleep on). The bathroom, however was really nice with an amazing shower. The water pressure was amazing and the bathtub was filled within no time! The miniatures were of a great quality including an exfoliating gel which I have never seen in a hotel before. Slippers were of a good quality and the room was well equipped with a kettle etc. My only gripe is that I was really looking forward to using the sauna and spa facilities. Firstly you have to pay 10 Euros and secondly they close at 3pm during the weekends when check in is. So my plans of having a relaxing evening in the sauna and spa were thwarted. I was quite disappointed but maybe my expectations were too high. Overall it was a very good hotel with lovely helpful staff and nice rooms. Location seemed good. I was at a conference at the World Forum which adjoins it. Otherwise it is a 13 minute tram ride from the central station

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me first thank you for your stay and your lovely words about the hotel. Particularly I am proud about your comments regarding our staff! I have good news concerning the sauna and fitness as they both will be open on the saturday for a lot longer.
Hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Krijn Taat

Been to Novotel Den Haag World Forum? Share your experiences!