I like Crowne Plaza hotels. They are all similar and are normally bland and instantly forgettable. You can wake up in a Crown Plaza room and not know what country you are in.
This one has is fairly typical - all be it with some very pleasant surprises.
The reception is typically large and impressive - with a good bar and some nice design touches. OK so the muzak is a bit too loud, and annoying - but this seems to be Crowne Plaza policy.
Basic rooms are good - I was on the 5th floor which looked as if it had been recently decorated. The room was large clean and comfortable. Others have mentioned the free internet connection that is useless. I ended up paying for a wired connection - and resented it!
What sets this Crowne Plaza apart is the new spa in the basement. Very nicely done - great facilities and very helpful staff. Choice of sauna and a pool plus gym for those so inclined. They allow locals in so I enjoyed some interesting chats which helped me to get the most out of the city.
Dinner in the restaurant was good and a bar snack late on my first night after the kitchen had closed was prepared by the barman without complaint.
If it wasn't for the rip off internet scam then I would have rated this as excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade Hotel The Hague
- Crowne Plaza Den Haag
- Crowne Plaza The Hague
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade hotel is surrounded by beautiful woodlands, peacefully located in the direct vicinity of the O.P.C.W., the Yugoslavia Tribunal, the Peace Palace, the World Forum Convention Centre, miniature city of Madurodam, Scheveningen beach with its sophisticated boulevard and the lively shopping centre of downtown The Hague.The Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade hotel offers a high standard of service and deluxe accommodation. Throughout the building one can admire numerous paintings from prominent Dutch artists, a unique ongoing exhibition owned by the hotel and included in the official 'Guiness Book of Records.'Among the facilities of Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade you'll find spacious meeting accommodation, hotel rooms and suites. The unique 5-roomed Prominential Suite has been the 'home' for visiting heads of state, dignitaries and leading artists. The Brasserie Promenade restaurant and the Couperus bar with its Grand Cafe make this hotel a culinary paradise. The private parking lot for 200 cars is unique in The Hague. The unique features of the hotel make it the ideal venue for any corporate or leisure visit or any event in The Hague. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.