“Great location, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spui 180, 2511 BW The Hague, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in The Hague
Seattle
“Great location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

A Mercure hotel in the central area of The Hague, great location. Lot's of places to eat and stuff to do within walking distance. Modern and clean facilities with a professional staff. The rooms are large and priced right. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Many thanks for the great feedback, we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zonnemaire, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

About me: I travel already years and years (7 or 8 month each year) all around the world for business and I always stay in hotels during my trips, so I guess I can call myself an hotel expert.

About the hotel: A few times a year, I visit The Hague for spending some quality time in the day & nightlife of The Hague .

When I stay in The Hague, I always book the "Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central", because:

- The hotel is easily accessible by car (you can park your car in the garage under the hotel)

- The hotel is within walking distance of several nice bars, restaurants and sightseeing.

- Other interesting locations are not far (read: not expensive) by taxi.

- And last but not least: The good service of the hotel! I guess, I stay 8 or 9 times a year in the hotel and I always feel me welcomed by the hotel staff (some of them know me by name) They always try to help me when I need something special or when I need advice. The good service mentality in the hotel impresses me. You can say the hotel is being led by a professional staff, who really enjoying their jobs and I guess that's the reason I can write about THE SERVICE OF THE HOTEL IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

Room Tip: There are two elevators and these are fast, so I do not mind on which floor I stay. I prefere square...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks a lot for taking your time to tell us about your experiences in the hotel and in the city.
We are very proud to hear that you are experiencing our great service and hope to welcome you again soon!
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here a weekend in August.

Really nice hotel close to central station and city centre. Friendly reception staff, good size and modern clean rooms and very nice breakfast buffet made this a good hotel for weekend traveler.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for the great score. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again!
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The positives:
• Staff was very nice and accommodating (they switched me from a room with twin beds to a queen upon request)
• Interior design and rooms are modern and nice
• Great location for exploring the city center and a 10min walk from the train station

The not so amazing stuff:
• From the outside the hotel looks like a bombed-out 70s office building (blue tiles on the outside – really ??)
• The windows are slim and narrow and follow the same décor
• Somehow the cleaning crew thinks starting at 9am on both Saturdays and Sundays is ok (door slamming , vacuum, etc..)

I would stay there again given price (100 usd or less per night) and proximity to city center but this is a 3.5 star in my book.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your good experience and the feedback.
Hradec Kralove Region, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel was amazing. Really nice rooms. Breakfast was awesome. Room service also great. Hotel is really close the city center so perfect start for walking through the city. Or hotel is close to a tram station, where you can simply go to the beach or to nearby Delft - which is also really nice city.
But the Chinese restaurant next to hotel I highly don't recommand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking your time to tell us about your great experience in the hotel!
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed several times one night for business. Hotel has all necessary facilities, nice breakfast buffet, large and clean rooms, and friendly staff. Location cannot be more central, walking distance from train station, old town and many sights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Been to Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central? Share your experiences!