“Excellent value, free WiFi, friendly staff and good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in The Hague
Fredrikstad, Norway
“Excellent value, free WiFi, friendly staff and good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Hague, Hilton The Hague was the first stop on my little tour of the Netherlands.

The hotel is walking distance from the main train station. It took me about 15 minutes to walk from the hotel to the train station.

I could not have chosen a better hotel. The service from the staff was impeccable from arrival to departure. The price was amazing, I paid only 75 Euros per night.

As a HHonors Gold member I was upgraded to an executive room on the 5th floor. Some of the other benefits of my membership was free internet access and a complimentary newspaper.

The room was fairly large and very modern. The bathroom was practically furnished and range of products from Peter Thomas Roth series was very good.

I could choose to have breakfast in the main restaurant or in the executive lounge. I chose the latter and was very happy with that choice.

The lounge was very good. It was a very good selection of food and beverages.

I will return to The Hague in 2013 and then of course I'll stay at Hilton The Hague.

friendly and service-minded staff
elegant hotel
great room
bathroom amenities
sleep quality
great acknowledgment of my HHonors Gold member status

none

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
JolijnZeeuwen, Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to read that we did succeed.

Hilton The Hague

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great hotel at good location with high comfort level.
Stayed on fourth floor en enjoyed the exec. lounge very much.
Location in next to panorama Mesdag and easy to reach by tram line 1 (stop Mauritskade)

pro
- location next to shopping street
- high service
- new hotel
- huge bathroom

con
-none

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very nice to hear you had a pleasant stay with us in The Hague.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked this twin room as a Christmas gift for my friends who were visiting The Hague and had not seen the room beforehand. It was lovely though and the bathroom was fantastic with good space, light and cleanliness.
One disappointment was that they had temporarily misplaced an object that I had left for my friend that I needed leaving in the room for her. It was eventually found but meant we wasted time waiting for staff to locate it.
However, my friends reported an excellent breakfast experience and that this hotel was one of the nicest that they had stayed in so money well spent in my mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your friends had a nice time with us in Hilton The Hague.

Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend at Den Haag, nice city… We were surprised of architecture of this Hilton Hotel, rebuild in the old post, really nice and futurist, we like-it, as gold member was upgraded to the executive floor, room was also really futurist and nice, we really enjoyed. Hotel staff was really nice and helpful from the check-in until check out, good job guys… We had dinner at Hilton restaurant (warm decorated and comfy) and I must say that food was really good, wine card could be better as I found lots of errors but was not a problem. Parking fee is 25 euros but you could also park the car in nearest streets, I cost me 22 euros. We definitely will come back to this lovely city and nice hotel and why not for New Year’s Eve?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hoi An, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not a place where we go normally, but we had a great weekend here! A big room, very nice and helpfull staff and the breakfast....! both days it was a pity when it was eleven o'clock and breakfast was finished:-). The location is great, you can walk to the centre of the Hague and with the tram the beach is close by. It is to expensive to do often, but if you have the money or a real got offer i can really recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am glad you liked the city, our breakfastbuffet and the rooms in our hotel.

Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hilton Hotel in The Hague is well located and has a nice lobby and staff seemed engaged but its room amenities are definitely lacking. The bed was comfortable and it was great to have an ironing board and iron in the room’s cupboard without the need to even request them. Also helpful is their shirt ironing service, particularly for busy business people. However, trying to get a good night’s sleep is a challenge and one that eluded me on both of the nights that I stayed here.

On both nights there was a clicking sound coming from the ceiling just above my head when in bed. About every 40 seconds, just as I was about to fall asleep, I’d hear another click! The noised was just loud enough to wake me up again. It was an incredibly frustrating experience and the staff seemed unable to help other than having provided me with earplugs, where were very uncomfortable to wear, especially when trying to sleep. It somehow reminded me of that feeling of camping outdoors on a cold and wet day while trying to get some sleep. Not what I had in mind when I booked my hotel room.

Another thing that I find offensive about this hotel is their policy to charge its guests for internet access to the tune of 25 Euros (about $40) for one day!!! The days of ripping off customers and forcing them to use such high priced internet services are long gone – pity that Hilton continues with this archaic policy.

If you like your room dark at night as well then you may wish to remove the night light in the bathroom as the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom is translucent glass, hence the all-night glow of the night light being another distraction if that sort of thing bothers you.

Management may also wish to advise their cleaning staff that when the liquid soap bottle is empty it’s time for a new one. I figured that this was a simple and logical issue to attend to and apparently this too was overlooked. All in all quite disappointing.

PS The restaurant in the hotel (The Pearl) came highly recommended. Some items were very good while others were quite poor. Essentially inconsistent.

If you found this review helpful please indicate so by clicking the appropriate button. Thank you. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate it for letting us know.

Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed around a week in Hague.
Everyone was very helpfull. I am very impressed with the breakfast welcoming team. Rooms were brand new and clean.
Only one issue I have to mention; I asked if there were any meat restaurant/s around the city and I got a reply from the reception (or concierge) that there were many... ??? I thought that the lady might have been a vegan so I don't mind :).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your respond on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read you had a nice stay in our hotel.

Hilton The Hague

Been to Hilton The Hague? Share your experiences!