“slightly better than OK” 3 of 5 stars

Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Terbregseplein
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hoofdweg 40, 3067GH Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Central Scotland
“slightly better than OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

stayed at the hotel for just over a week

rooms were decent, free wifi but couldn't access viber for calls over the net annoying ??
the food was nice but could take a long time to be served.

the staff were friendly and helpful,

a cash machine is a good 15 - 20 minute walk towards town centre.

not even a cash machine in the local small shopping precinct approx 250m
behind the hotel

Ok for business

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Terbregseplein, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Helsingborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

First of all the address for the hotel gives NOT correct directions on Google maps, you should write Hoofdweg 100! We search for an hour to the hotel and finally after several directions we found it. It is possible to reach by walking from Rotterdam Alexander station (10min from hotel). Rotterdam Alexander was 8min by train from Central station, tickets was bought directly at Schipol. Taxi from central station approx €15.
The hotel was very nice rooms was average with good sleeping quality. Breakfast was included in our price of €100 and the breakfast was great including eggs and bacon.
So service and rooms was all great, the drawback is the position if you not have car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Terbregseplein, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very important to us in order to keep improving our service level. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this. Furthermore I thank you for informing us about the directions, we will take make the modifications as soon as possible.

I do hope to welcome you in one of our hotels again.

Kind regards,

CEO
Holland, Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

As you can not choose between better than average and not very good, I chose average. As the hotel itself is an average 3 star hotel. The hotel is in a business area of Rotterdam and has easy access to the highway. Room was not too big but clean. Breakfast was okay. Hotel seems to be popular with businesspeople. They have rooms where you can smoke (I don't know if that is a salesargument these days). What makes this hotel not the standard average is the staff. The people who work here make it a better experience than just plain average.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Terbregseplein, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests. Your opinion is very important to us, I can assure you that the compliments will be forwarded to our hotel staff! For all of the other comments, we will take the necessary actions. I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels
CEO and Owner
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Terrible internet - not suitable for work or leisure
Food is bad - pretty expensive and bad
Rooms are clean - the rooms are cleaned everyday
Restaurant is not clean - tables are sticky
Bathrooms are clean - this applies to room and public bathrooms

Tip: don't choose breakfirst for 13.50 euro.

Room Tip: Skip breakfirst and call the hotel for the best price
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that I will take the necesarry appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Owner and CEO
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night on April 9, 2011, for the Rotterdam Marathon. The hotel is slightly out of the way from the city center, which involves a 15 min. walk to the train station then a 15 min. ride on the train. The hotel staff are helpful and professional. The rooms are extremely clean, and quiet. No freeway noise was heard even though our room faced the freeway. One area of improvement for this hotel would be to offer better and larger bottles of shampoo / shower gel, etc. A fine hotel. No problems here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Clean and well equiped room. Bed not great but good enough. Ample space. The safe did not work. Location is not good. Its a 15 min walk from Alexander station, which is 10min overground train to Centraal Station. Another reviewer says there are no pavements down, this is not correct, but you can walk off the pavement path if you dont look ahead. I believe I was there the same night as this gentlemen, as I overheard that conversation.... I had the meat Lasagne! Like the other meals it was very good and surprisingly well priced. The mini-bar is also not badly priced by other hotel standards.

Breakfast I was unhappy with. As noted by another review, they do not replace the food, in actual fact, the lady stood about while I was putting food in my plate, as soon as I sat down she brought out more, WHY? The staff really are hands off, they buzz about asking if you want anything etc, but in my case I actually like that. I dont even like the usual "is your meal ok/everything to your satisfaction?". Here they let you get on with it, other people would consider that rude i guess.

On the whole I was quite happy, but like every hotel in Rotterdam, its very expensive. A great facility there is free-wifi. Id give this hotel 3.5 stars.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

1. Breakfast ends at 1030. Arrived at breakfast at 1020. There was hardly no food available. Food was not being refilled. Spoke to Asst. Manager about it. She was very rude, arrogant, not customer friendly. Very negative attitude. Her comments were:
"It's finished, no more food is being put out". She even said: "So, you just don't eat".

2. Room key was defect. Desk personnel was not allowed to issue a new one until the next morning.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Terbregseplein? Share your experiences!