“Great Location but noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel One

Save Saved
You added Hotel One to your Saves list
Hotel One
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westersingel 1, 3014AP Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Oude Westen)   |
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Great hotel to stay at if you want a cool place located in downtown Rotterdam. It is great, that is, if you are travelling with friends and you will be getting to bed late anyways. Unfortunately, it is not such a great hotel if you value your sleep. As interesting and charming as the hotel itself is, the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear all conversations coming from the adjoining room. Luckily, I simply talked to the people in the next room and asked them to be quiet -- unluckily I didn't have to open my door to do so.

The staff were friendly.

There is free WiFi access!

The Sushi restaurant downstairs is incredible. But WATCH OUT: water is 2 Euros a glass, and they don't tell you beforehand!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

this is a very good hotel with rooms being very adequate staff helpful and easy walking distance to railway station

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Hotel One has a convenient location, a couple of hundred yards from Centraal Station, and opposite the Doelen Centre & Westin Hotel building. The reception desk is in the tiny lobby, and sadly during my visit the lift was out of order; however, we were all given a bottle of decent red wine as compensation! (Screw-top, very handy! Maybe drinking the wine would make the climb to your room seem easier?)

Anyway my room (11) was on the first landing, so the climb was steep but short. The room was a single, small but I suppose singles usually are. It was clean and quite well appointed, as was the ensuite, where liquid soap and shower gel were provided. In the room there was no air-con, but the window opened enough to air the room. TV had 3 english speaking channels (CNN, BBC1 and BBC World). Tea & coffee and kettle were there, along with a safe and a mini fridge (empty, but items could be ordered from reception). Bed was comfortable and linen crisp.

Due to renovation work, no breakfast is offered, but plenty of good cafes nearby, so no problem for us.

In all it's a pretty good place, not amazing but it did the job and I have no complaints, so if the price was right I could be back in future.

• Liked — Central location, smart modern room.
  • Disliked — Lift was broken; no breakfast provided.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

We got a good rate on this room, only 69 euros, it is in a great location not far from the station in the centre.
When we arrived the receptionist seemed put out that I wanted to pay in cash, said she had no change and "don't you have a credit card?" I said I do have one, but have get the cash out now and don't want to be stuck with it as we were leaving in the morning to come home. We therefore had to go out and get change to pay, which seems silly.
The room was very modern, stylish and attractive, lovely shower room. Flatscreen tv. But my boyfriend's duvet cover had a stain which looked like someone had slept in it before! Also the en suite door did not close so no privacy whilst using the wc.
We didn't sleep too well, because the pillows are too thick, massive, and hard. So very uncomfortable. Also someone tried to get into our room in the night using their keycard. This meant the door beeped 3 times, we woke up and couldn't work out what it was until the next morning.

• Liked — location, and style of decor
  • Disliked — Rock hard giant pillows, unable to sleep
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
bangkok
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

we arrived at the hotel. Everything was fine until 3 days later. the blonde haired owner wanted us to stay 30 days...It was our first time in rotterdam.I told him were on our first european vacation..were not staying in his hotel for the whole month..he is insane..so today i found out he charged my brothers credit card without my brothers signature . for 30 days at 115 euros per day. thats why im discrediting this hotel . hes a greedy blonde haired owner who shows up in the day time . we paid him for the 3 days we stayed in his hotel.

Pong P.
01166815770732 mobile
call me anytime
in U.S. 818 271 0895

Stayed November 2007

Been to Hotel One? Share your experiences!