“Modern, quirky hotel with friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM Rotterdam

You added citizenM Rotterdam to your Saves list
citizenM Rotterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gelderse Plein 50, 3011 WZ Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)   |
Announcement
Become a citizen!
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Hanoi
“Modern, quirky hotel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A hotel unlike any other hotel I've stayed in recently, CitizenM is a refreshingly different experience. Ultra modern design, electronic self check-in/check-out, informal/casual atmosphere, this hotel makes for a comfortable and relaxing place to stay in Rotterdam. It's located opposite Blaak railway and Metro station and close to a large shopping environment. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice design, nice gadgets and very friendly staff. Breakfast is ok but expensive. Not ok is the selfstarting TV in the night (four times in one hour!!!). The location ist perfect for visiting Rotterdam.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is a delight for the eye and the comfort.
The concept and design of this hotel is very modern, high tech and clean.
This is the best hotel I have stayed in and I travelled a lot.
The staff are always smiling and helpful. The location is great, with Metro, Tram and bus second away from the hotel. The hotel reminds quiet.
In the modern room, you have a tablet control system which allow you to control the light, temperature, blind and give you free access to TV, movies and fast internet. I didn't use my IPad during my stay.
I didn't use the canteen as I wanted to discover Rotterdam local food. You can leave your luggage free of charge in the secure luggage room, handy when you checked out at 11am.
I will recommend this hotel to everyone. When high tech become Affordable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, especially our sons who loved the gadgets and the design. The room is small but has all the essentials. The wall to wall bed is very big and comfortable, our view was the see through and empty office building next door and beyond it. The highly designed and comfortable public spaces were a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

For people who like design and handy, this is a great hotel. Location close to train and metro is great, room is big and has everything you need (and more), amenities such as loungy bar, wifi free for all, music and tv on table in the room. It is not a cheap hotel for sure, and particularly if you take breakfast without booking in advance (23,50€ is way too much!) it's upper-end pricing. But all in all, agree with previous user who say it's worth the money. Staff is friendly. Not my idea of a 'romantic' hotel, but all other purpose: go for it!
One minor point: we stayed there during North Sea Jazz, and out of 3 metro line that stop in front of the hotel, none goes directly to Ahoy. 1x change is no big deal, except when you come back after 1am, coz then those metro are not running anymore, so quite a long walk!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Innovative hotel concept. Clean, very modern rooms, helpful staff, great location. Many things that I haven't seen in other hotels in this price category. They also have a bar/restaurant serving 24/7. I will definitely stay there again.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels that I have stayed in, in a long time. This hotel is designed for travels like me - solo, young, a little quirky, seeking luxury and amenities, unwilling to do hostels, doesn't always have to stay at a Ritz, Four Seasons or Park Hyatt either. This reminds me of the feel that the W line would seek, but can't because it's too institutionalized by Starwood (I do love the Ws, though, don't get me wrong).

When you walk in, you are greeted by a lobby with a fresh, cool design that feels homey - just like your living room. The staff greets you and walks you through the check-in, though it is designed to be easy enough you can do it yourself on the bank of computers available. The room was compact, but efficiently designed. The bed was very large and comfortable. The tablet control system is brilliant. Other hotels try to emulate it by transfering basic room functions to a tablet, but this is head and shoulders above. The system is fully integrated with the lighting, window shades, television, sound, even the bathroom LED system. The free movies and internet (very fast) were a really nice bonus. Combine all of this with a cafe that's open 24 hours with food and drink (great for those like me who get midnight munchies, but don't want vending machine food) make for a great hotel experience. The cafe not only is open, but has great and healthy food, too. Salads, sushi, sandwiches, veggies and prepared dishes, along with a full selection of beer, wine and non alcoholic drinks await.

All of this was at a price I couldn't beat - 100 Euros a night! I really cannot say enough good about this hotel - for me. It might not be everyone's taste. I think people like my parents, who are more traditional might not be as impressed as I was. I love staying at Ritz, Four Seasons and Park Hyatts. I chose them often. However, for most of my stays, I want a hotel just like this. I really felt at home. This brand concept is simply tailor made for a traveler like me - I love it!

Have I raved enough yet?

Room Tip: I think I would chose a city view, as the "canal view" I received didn't look at much...