“Well priced and overall quite good” 4 of 5 stars

Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leuvehaven 80, 3011EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Ixworth, United Kingdom
“Well priced and overall quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having stayed here a couple of times before, it was not a difficult decision for me to decide to stay here again as part of the final stay of my sales trip in Belgium and Holland. Normally I stay at the Van der Valk Hotel on the outskirts of Rotterdam but this was was surprisingly cheaper. The location is great, providing you have a Sat Nav and familiar with driving in Europe. However, the access to the hotel and also the car park is a bit tricky to say the least. The hotel is located besides the river running through the centre of Rotterdam and if you're lucky, you can get a room overlooking this. My room was nicely positioned according to my basic standard request and was overlooking the river. Together with my associate who was travelling with me, we arranged for my car to be parked by the concierge as they had limited capacity but this was quite pricey (Valet Parking in a situation that wasn't really Valet Parking). The room was comfortable though with good choice of TV channels (including BBC channels) and the breakfast was very good the next morning too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Good
- The rooms were plain awesome. They were a decent size, clean, and really everything that you could ask for to get a good night's rest
- The entire hotel was very stylishly designed, and everything was well maintained
- I'm very picky with my pillows and bed, but I had a great night's sleep at this hotel. The bed and pillow weren't too hard or soft, but just right
- I loved that the toilet was separated from the bathroom. The bathroom was also fairly spacious.
- The massage bathtub was probably the cherry on top for the bathroom.
- Staff service was above average. I wasn't blown away by anything, but the staff seemed friendly and available when I needed things
- Also great view of the river and nearby surroundings

The Neutral
- The breakfast seemed standard. It wasn't good or bad, but basically had everything that you'd expect

The Bad
- Nothing really stood out to me.

Final Verdict
- Clean hotel, great designs, and comfortable rooms. I'd definitely stay here again if I were in Rotterdam

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Fab location, right on a tram/metro which takes you to/from central station, which from there is a 20 minute bus ride to Rotterdam airport. We got a free upgrade to room 1316 which had stunning views over the harbour, LOVED our room. Excellent service at reception, and a great base to explore this brilliant city. The wellness centre with pool, loungers, rain showers, saunas and steam room was lovely with great views. Our only recommendation would be to have some adult only hours in the wellness centre as when we were there it was a bit overrun by noisy children. I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: We loved room 1316. Great views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor!
Great, that you have enjoyed your stay and all the facilities in the hotel!
Thank you for your feedback about the adult only hours in the wellness H2O.
We will take this into consideration. Another option might also be to purchase a ticket to the adjoining Spa of 5 star Mainport hotel for a small supplement. You can make use of these extra sauna and steambath facilities aside from the facilities in Wellness H2O.

We truly look forward welcoming you back to Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre in the near future!
With warm regards,
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

When we arrived we were given an updgrade to a Junior Suite. It included a jacuzzi and saudna in the room.
The room and bathroom is spacious, clean and with a great view of the river. It has a modern layout and is overall very comfortable. The bed too is wide and comfortable.
Breakfast was fantastic. A wide variety of food cheese, cold meats, cerals, bread and eggs to choose from. The coffee, well that was a disappointment, but was made up for by the variety of teas and fruit juices on offer.
Warning to people - parking in the hotel is valet parking costing 37 euros a day. The are VERY slow to park the car and even slower to then collect it for you. In additon the car park is an area open to the public, and your car is not necessarily in the shade or under the roof. Close by there is another publci parking that costs around 25 euros a day. it is less than five minutes walk from the hotel and there at least the car is under a roof.
On the downside, the turkish steambath was out of order, and despite asking to have it repaired it was still out of order at the end of the day. The "complementary" coffee in the room was not so complementary. It cost 3.75 euros when the the price list in the room says 3.50 euros.
Well worth the visit and I will go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay! I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the room and the facilities! I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the staff in the hotel.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the valet parking. We will take your comments into consideration and will investigate what has happened. I would like to get in touch with you to receive some more detailed information about the times of your valet parking. Our normal standard is that we have enough staff available and your car is parked instantly.

The coffee in the room is complimentary, 2 cups are for free and if you would like more coffee after these first 2 cups, you can purchase them from the minibar.

Thank you again for your stay and I appreciate your kind response to my attention via our email address inforotterdam@inntelhotels.nl.

Kindest regards,
Jori Vos
Front Office Manager
Sudbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had 2 good nights here (Wednesday and a Thursday) before the 3rd night! At no point were we warned that the hotel management had decided that they were going to trial a party night until 2am in the panoramic former conference room with balcony on the 15th floor. Since they built the new supposedly more luxurious block they appear to be lowering the standards in the original block and it is in danger of becoming very low class. I was on floor 5 and my mum was on floor 10. We had been out for dinner with my expat brother and shortly before midnight we headed back to the hotel expecting to fall in to bed and get some rest before our day trip to Amsterdam. We could hear a massive amount of noise coming from the general direction of the hotel as we rounded the corner and being some 500 yards away we dismissed it as surely coming from somewhere else! Really loud pumping bass music and people screaming and hollering like 'red Indians' in old films were emanating from the general area. As we got slightly closer we realised it was indeed our hotel and the worse was to come. We went up to our rooms, mine on floor 5 and the bass of the music was vibrating my bed! I could hear the words as well as feel the music and I was 10 floors below, the whole hotel was suffering the party in every room. I rang reception at 12:15am to ask when it was going to stop only to be told by the receptionist that it was going until 2am, I said it was ridiculous and then I was told it was a 'trial' by the hotel as they were trying to make money from the now redundant conference room on the top floor, the top floor was only ever built as a conference centre and not a 'party' venue so is not at all soundproofed and to add to it has a massive outdoor balcony too! After trying to suggest I should accept this from a hotel which is in the city centre, which to be fair it is not right in the middle and is actually in a very quiet area with no immediate bars or clubs nearby and the only real noise are the steady stream of ambulances crossing the Erasmus bridge all night with their blues and twos and sirens blaring at all hours! I digress.......
My mum rang me to say it was horrendous in her 10th floor room (5 below 'party central') she went outside for a cigarette for some light relief from the noise to find underage girls drunk in the lifts and then an unconscious reveller on the pavement for whom an ambulance had to be called! The most worrying thing was the partygoers were not residents in the hotel and had access to every single floor of the hotel via the lifts! There was no security! At this point I was rang by the receptionist to say that she could not contact her manager and that here were no managers on the hotel site at all and that a lot of people were complaining (I had to feel sorry for her as she had clearly been abandoned by some very irresponsible management, I have worked in hotel management and I was appalled by the position they left her in with not even any security staff!) she had asked her colleague up in the party to turn the pumping music down, the first request was ignored then at 1am it was slightly lowered only to be gradually back to foundation shaking levels by 1:25am! It eventually stopped at around 2:10am and the next day we were so exhausted that we could not make the trip to Amsterdam so part of our trip was ruined! In compensation we got a free €10 breakfast, really poor compared to the nightly rate they charge! The following night we had a wedding in the same venue, luckily this finished at around midnight (as I would expect) and was not quite as loud but still audible, but the same security issues and drunken antics were observed making the hotel feel more cheap and cheerful than high end. I will not stay here again especially at the weekend as I'm sure they will not tell you on booking if there is a late night party that affects all the rooms in the old building! and my mum has been several times and she will not stay there either, there are plenty more hotels to try with better reviews! A real disappointment for us!

Room Tip: Do not stay in the old part of the hotel on a weekend if they are hosting a party night!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your thorough feedback of your stay.
I am very sorry to read that you and your family did not fully enjoy your stay.
We do take your comments very seriously and Front office Manager ms. Jori Vos and I would appreciate to get in contact with you about this situation.

We will try to reach you through the contact details that we have from you.

Rooms Division Manager
Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre & Mainport
Telephone: +31 (0)10 4134139
Email: inforotterdam@inntelhotels.nl
Bruxelles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The personal is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, when you buy a panoramic room, you don't think that you'll be awoken at 6 o'clock because of the luminosity in the room !!!!
For this level of hotel we could hope a real store on the window and not just a light curtain…
And we were supposed to get a bottle of wine in the room in our package … nothing !
The spa area is nice but too small, then many many people in the swimming pool , int the sauna and not enough towels. The towels were lying on the ground … so bad

Room Tip: Ask the upper floor and the view on the bridge and the water !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julianne,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
We would like to get in touch with you regarding your stay and if you have some more details for us so that we can look into the situations you have described.
We really appreciate your response to me or my colleague Front Office Manager ms. Jori Vos via inforotterdam@inntelhotels.nl or +31 (0)10 413 413 9.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is in a great location if you have time to spare you can have a walk around the barges and steam memorabilia that are adjacent to the hotel. The room is a little small but most adequate for single occupancy very good combined bath with shower - very clean and nothing was to much trouble for the cleaning staff ( towels etc.) I asked for tea making in my room again only had to ask for more creamer etc.The staff are all very friendly and where keen to engage in helpful conversation giving pointers and directions when asked - the breakfast is also adequate and varied with plenty of juice, tea and coffee. I did not use the health spa but it looked very well equipped with swimming pool etc. I would definitley recommend this hotel and will be back in two months time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will make sure to pass on your compliments about the hotel and the service to our staff!

During your next stay please try our Wellness H2O with swimmingpool and sauna and we can even arrange a massage or hamam treatment for you.

We truly look forward welcoming you back in 2 months time and please advise me via below email address as soon as your reservation is arranged. I would like to personally welcome you.

inforotterdam@inntelhotels.nl

Been to Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre? Share your experiences!