“Hotel Milano, terrible, dirty and unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Milano
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   's-Gravendijkwal 7, Rotterdam 3021 EA, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #43 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Hotel Milano, terrible, dirty and unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked two rooms for my parents and Nan at the hotel Milano. I even had the reservation printed off by the hotel, and spoke to them a few days before my guests arrived to confirm everything. I had requested rooms with lift access as my 85 year old Nan struggles with stairs.
Things started to go wrong almost immediately when we arrived, the rooms we had booked had being sold to other people, my parents and Nan were put in a room with three beds. This room did not have lift access and was very shabby and a little dirty, (I should have taken photos but I was busy trying to find somewhere also for my guests to stay).

The receptionist at the hotel was absolutely hopeless, he did not apologise, appeared very confused, and was completely unprofessional. We were not the only unsatisfied customers that night, other guests could not get the WiFi or TV to work.I would not recommend the Hotel Milano to anybody. Do not stay there! Hopefully someone from the management reads this and they get things sorted.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Unfortunately, our reserve was canceled without reason, even though I explicitly mentioned that our arrival was late in the evening. This cancelation is unacceptable even more considering the time we arrived (10pm) and the subsequent hotel derivation where we were sent was even less comfortable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed one night when stranded in Rotterdam due to a cancelled rail journey due to snow. this hotel is a short taxi ride to the station and I booked at short notice for one night. The room was small with a small en-suite but very clean, During the night I was woken by someone hammering on the door from the main street - a bit disturbiing. The main road is a little noisy. I was told when I checked in that there would be someone at the desk at 6am to help me book my taxi to the station for my early train - but there wasnt! Luckily I found a taxi in time!

Room Tip: The main street is noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked and paid for a four bed room and got placed in a three bed room with a cot. When we pointed this false marketing out to the person in charge he was unaccomadating and rude. ( if we were white males perhaps we would have gotten different results. ) overall slimy morally questionable management will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Arrived in Rotterdam Oct 2012 to meet a friend for a very quick stop. I was looking for very cheap and near to the centre, both of which were covered by the Milano. However, seeing as we were leaving first thing in the morning, and nearing the end of our trip, we suffered a bit of a blip at this hotel.

Pre-paid and booked through superbreak (always great), and having only a limited amount of euros left at the end of our trip, we were surprised when the lady at the front desk demanded an additional fee when we arrived. They only take Mastercard (which i don't hold) and communication was very diffficult with the staff (very little english).

We got through it in the end, and i appreciate this sounds silly, but having pre-booked and prepaid, i really didn't expect an additional charge before i could go to my room. It took about 20 mins of confusion with the front desk over the 'city charge' (which was approx 10 euro) before we were able to go to our room.

In our case, made more confusing by the lack of mastercard (other UK cards not accepted) and the language barrier.

The rest of the stay was fine. I had a fantastic sleep in a large room with a balcony at the back fo the hotel, but i was miffed at the extra 'charge' after having prepaid in full. I feel if this was a standard charge Superbreak should have taken it on booking, or at leats warned us. I felt a little bit diddled.

Room was clean, breakfast was super for a vegetarian, great selection. Quiet stay and good location. Very basic and very cheap, but be aware of additional charge on the day

Room Tip: back of hotel, overlooking garden- very quiet
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

enjoyed our stay staff friendly clean, and good breakfast only minus we where in a part of the hotel with no lift stairs very narrow and windy so check when booking good access for central station shame roads are building site but that is out of hotel's control

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rotterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

- staff are not helpful.
- cleaning is a big issue in this hotel, even when you literally ask the staff to change the bed sheets or the duvet, they refuse..and when you insist, they give it to you to do it yourself !!
- breakfast is booring: for vegeterians, you have only 2 kinds of cheese, and you will be lucky if you find a boiled egg.
- neighbourhood (although very close to the center - only 2 stops by tram), but it is FULL OF homeless, junkies..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!