“Terrific service at this top hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mainport Hotel to your Saves list
Mainport Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leuvehaven 77, 3011 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)   |
Ranked #5 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
York, United Kingdom
“Terrific service at this top hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Really couldn't fault this place on any front. Top class service throughout and impeccable rooms/suites. Really good value for money. Excellent location for a stroll into town to take in the sights of a massively underrated city.

Stayed October 2013

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As usual, with Inntel hotel next door or now this hotel, no parking space available - never once managed to park there in several stays!
Check-in fine and room on 10th floor.
Room was OK size, but much too dark for my liking. Although the computer desk in my room had a low energy lamp, I struggled to see the keyboard on my laptop.
Bathroom entrance had a step which I kept stubbing my toe on. Shower didn't have a curtain/door so water poured out onto bathroom floor.
Separate WC, had automatic lighting with a time sensor which operated when you opened the glass door. Going for a pee in the middle of the night was annoying because the light stayed on for around 5 minutes after you'd finished.
No place to put your suitcase - had to leave it on the floor!
Shampoo...etc was perfumed which meant a rash if I used it.
In conclusion, this would be a wonderful hotel for couples on vacation - the spa bath being a good size and the dark room being a bonus, however, for business people, there are just too many disadvantages.
Next time I'll stick with 'sister' hotel next door.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear guest,

FIrst of all I would like to express my sincere apologies for disappointment you felt after your stay.
The hotel is very new and we are still improving our facilities, standards and service. Therefore your review is very important to us!
The hotel offers a gateway to different continents where every floor has their own colours, decorations, design furniture and lamps. I can assure you that we can find a different floor where decoration and lighting better suits your expectations.
I would appreciate to get in contact with you to find out more about your expactations as a business guest and the roomnumber you have last stayed in to fix the issues you mentioned.
With kind regards
(info@mainporthotel.com)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed twice in this hotel during the fall of 2013 and I must say - WOW! Really really love this hotel and will sure try to come back many times. It's convenient located just in front of the subway station and then it's about 2-3 stations to the central city of Rotterdam. You can also walk to the city from the hotel, it's not that far, maybe 20-30 minutes. We stayed both times in a "King city room". The rooms are so fresh and clean and very spacious, you really just want to stay in the room all day long. The bathroom is also very big with both a large shower and a bubble bath! On the 8th floor there is a large spa area with many different saunas, pools, gym and solarium. I also booked a massage for 1 hour and it was so nice. Downstairs there is a bar and a restaurant with nice food. The only thing I can complain about is that the service in the restaurant was very slow that night, took us almost 3 hours to complete a one course dinner.
I really look forward to the next vacation at this hotel, it's a truly 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful Hotel and nice back drop, close to all amenities and somewhere i would highly recommend others to stay. Hopefully i will return soon, The large spacious room consisted of a few bonus items including jacuzzi bath, tv in the mirror. Luxury bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed a couple of the "perks" that we already offer from our first roomtype: The whirlpool bath and the tv in the bathroom mirror.
I look forward welcoming you back again in Mainport in the near future!

Kind regards,
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice hotel with great views. It was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and a TV set into the mirror in the bathroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful and there's also free wifi. The hotel is well located with a tram stop outside and many facilities within walking distance. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 86 are small but dual-aspect
Dear Guest,

What a great compliment about the hotel!
We are only open for 6 months and all our staff is doing their utmost to make the stay of our guests as perfect as possible! I am glad to read that we have achieved our goal!
Thank you and we look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for two nights during the month of October.

CHECK - IN

I was promptly greeted by the Front Desk Manager and a colleague upon my arrival at 10 am. Professional staff that speak impeccable English. Very swift check-in. After I requested for a upgrade, the staff changed my room to 880 which has a beautiful view on the river.

ROOM

Beautiful design, colors and materials used in this hotel. Everything is squeaky clean. Love the big bathroom with the neat TV in the mirror. Toiletries are lovely, as well. Despite being a sensitive person, this hotel clearly exceeded my expectations.

LOCATION

Great location, although a 8-10 walk is needed to reach the center of Rotterdam.

CONCLUSION

Perfect price/quality ratio. The special person I met in this beautiful city combined with the quality of this hotel created an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your compliments on Tripadvisor!
And after you mentioned your roomnumber I immediately remembered assisting you upon check in together with our Front Office Manager Marten. Thank you for the compliments on our English!

I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay at Mainport and you enjoyed your time in Rotterdam. We truly look forward welcoming you back soon!

With kindest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location. Its a brand new building with nice views overlooking a canal wih modern buildings and Erasmus bridge. Gorgeous lobby, beautiful rooms, gorgeous bathrooms. Perhaps a bit overdesigned. Immaculate, spottless, sleek. My only compaint would be - no doors on a shower, so the bathroom floor floods every time one takes a shower. Very curteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Leotar,
Thank you for your stay at Mainport and for the time you have taken to inform Tripadvisor about your experience. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.
My sincere apologies for the inconveniece regarding the shower situation you have had in your room. Unfortunately some bathroom floors were not placed correctly. We have a solution that we hope to implement very soon.
Kind regards
SImone van der Veen
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Mainport Hotel? Share your experiences!