“So fresh and stylish!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainport Hotel

You added Mainport Hotel to your Saves list
Mainport Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leuvehaven 77, 3011 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)   |
Special Price
€10 off room rate
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Stockholm, Sweden
“So fresh and stylish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed twice in this hotel during the fall of 2013 and I must say - WOW! Really really love this hotel and will sure try to come back many times. It's convenient located just in front of the subway station and then it's about 2-3 stations to the central city of Rotterdam. You can also walk to the city from the hotel, it's not that far, maybe 20-30 minutes. We stayed both times in a "King city room". The rooms are so fresh and clean and very spacious, you really just want to stay in the room all day long. The bathroom is also very big with both a large shower and a bubble bath! On the 8th floor there is a large spa area with many different saunas, pools, gym and solarium. I also booked a massage for 1 hour and it was so nice. Downstairs there is a bar and a restaurant with nice food. The only thing I can complain about is that the service in the restaurant was very slow that night, took us almost 3 hours to complete a one course dinner.
I really look forward to the next vacation at this hotel, it's a truly 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful Hotel and nice back drop, close to all amenities and somewhere i would highly recommend others to stay. Hopefully i will return soon, The large spacious room consisted of a few bonus items including jacuzzi bath, tv in the mirror. Luxury bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed a couple of the "perks" that we already offer from our first roomtype: The whirlpool bath and the tv in the bathroom mirror.
I look forward welcoming you back again in Mainport in the near future!

Kind regards,
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice hotel with great views. It was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and a TV set into the mirror in the bathroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful and there's also free wifi. The hotel is well located with a tram stop outside and many facilities within walking distance. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 86 are small but dual-aspect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a great compliment about the hotel!
We are only open for 6 months and all our staff is doing their utmost to make the stay of our guests as perfect as possible! I am glad to read that we have achieved our goal!
Thank you and we look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for two nights during the month of October.

CHECK - IN

I was promptly greeted by the Front Desk Manager and a colleague upon my arrival at 10 am. Professional staff that speak impeccable English. Very swift check-in. After I requested for a upgrade, the staff changed my room to 880 which has a beautiful view on the river.

ROOM

Beautiful design, colors and materials used in this hotel. Everything is squeaky clean. Love the big bathroom with the neat TV in the mirror. Toiletries are lovely, as well. Despite being a sensitive person, this hotel clearly exceeded my expectations.

LOCATION

Great location, although a 8-10 walk is needed to reach the center of Rotterdam.

CONCLUSION

Perfect price/quality ratio. The special person I met in this beautiful city combined with the quality of this hotel created an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your compliments on Tripadvisor!
And after you mentioned your roomnumber I immediately remembered assisting you upon check in together with our Front Office Manager Marten. Thank you for the compliments on our English!

I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay at Mainport and you enjoyed your time in Rotterdam. We truly look forward welcoming you back soon!

With kindest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location. Its a brand new building with nice views overlooking a canal wih modern buildings and Erasmus bridge. Gorgeous lobby, beautiful rooms, gorgeous bathrooms. Perhaps a bit overdesigned. Immaculate, spottless, sleek. My only compaint would be - no doors on a shower, so the bathroom floor floods every time one takes a shower. Very curteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Leotar,
Thank you for your stay at Mainport and for the time you have taken to inform Tripadvisor about your experience. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.
My sincere apologies for the inconveniece regarding the shower situation you have had in your room. Unfortunately some bathroom floors were not placed correctly. We have a solution that we hope to implement very soon.
Kind regards
SImone van der Veen
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This 5-star hotel was very nice and relatively cheap (about €90 per night without breakfast).
We stayed in room 882, which is a corner room and has the most amazing view!
The front desk staff and concierge need to be a bit more attentive though. They forgot to do a dinner reservation for us on a Saturday night and we had to remind them at 7pm! They could only find a 9pm reservation in a popular restaurant, but I managed to find an 8pm one in the same restaurant through an online booking system.
Generally the staff seemed to be trying, but they need a bit more so that the 5-star hotel status reflects on the services.
The spa was nice and apparently you have to respect the rules of the sauna and be naked!!!
Do not rent a bike from the hotel as they charge €17.50 a day. If you go to a bike shop that they work with, you can get it for €9.50 a day.
We wanted to do a late check out and it was €20 until 3pm or €40 until 6pm. My partner wanted to do a facial treatment in the spa at 6pm which costs €50 and they let us keep our room until 7pm without an extra charge! I thought that this was very kind and generous from them, that's why I have them 4 stars instead of 3.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay at Mainport.

Mainport opened 6 months ago and we are still working on our contacts with the surrounding restaurants to arrange better deals and favors for our guests. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the dinner reservation that was not made. I will make sure to discuss this with the reservations department and concierge to prevent this from reoccurring.

I look forward to welcome you back in Mainport in the near future and to show you that we are able to offer an excellent 5 star service!

With kind regards,

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Mainport hotel in Rotterdam for one night for our anniversary. Location is perfect, near the water and city centre and right across metro station Leuvehaven. We slept in the Waterfront spa room on the third floor (polar themed). The room was beautiful! It comes with a lot of amenities. Ironing board, espresso machine, water kettle, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, safe and umbrella that you can borrow. The king-size bed was very comfortable. There is also a huge round jacuzzi in the room. On top of that there is a rain-shower and a relaxing sauna in the bathroom. When you stay at Mainport you have free access to their Spa on the 8th floor. There is a reasonable sized swimming pool, turkish steam bath and a sauna. It was very nice. Personnel was very friendly and helpful. The only minus points I can think of is that I requested a room on the 8th floor when making my reservations and we were supposed to get it, it was even printed out on our card, but at check-in they gave us a room on the 3rd floor. And the breakfast was a bit overpriced for what you get, it was delicious nonetheless.

All in all we had an amazing time at Mainport and we would definitely go there again. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Inge,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor! I am very pleased to read that you have fully enjoyed your stay in Mainport.

My sincere apologies for the changing of floors. We do our utmost to arrange the floor that is requested but this is subject to what is available at the time you check in. All floors have a different themes and the Polar theme on the 3rd floor is one of our favorites as it is a very light, bright and peaceful room. I am very glad that you have enjoyed it.

I will forward your comments about the breakfast buffet to our Food & Beverage Manager to check on the selections that are offered.

Thank you again for your stay and review and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kindest regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Mainport Hotel? Share your experiences!