“Great steak and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Argentinean, South American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Singapore
“Great steak and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was brought here by my relative to have a great steak. No doubt it was really good! You have several different cut of the meat for you to choose from. Also, you can also choose the weight of your meat, from 225 onwards! I had a 350 grams which was a good size as I have a heavy lunch, but someone in my group easily finish a 500! The steaks comes with salad and starch, so you definitely will have a satisfying meal. You can also try 3 cuts of meat or 5 cuts of meat from their menu.

The place has a open grill kitchen concept, so you definitely will get some food smell on your clothes =)

The boss and all the staff are polite and friendly, so you have got good service here. The price here are also very reasonable.

• Visited June 2013

Mechelen, Belgium
“Steaks !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Close to the small Veerhaven marina, this is the place to go after sailing up the Nieuwe Maas into Roitterdam. Nothing tastes better than a 'sizzling' Argentine steak. Have known it for 30 years or more and it's still offering great value for money.

• Visited May 2013
Wednesbury,England
“El Gaucho - not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The friends we were with had stumbled upon this place when visiting Rotterdam before and recommended it, so in we went again. Fantastic rib eye, cooked to perfection. Others had pepper steak which again was great and my hubby had the chicken breast, it was huge and again cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced for what you get. As we were leaving we were asked to stop and have a drink on the house, which we did. I highly recommend this unpretentious steakhouse. As mentioned in other reviews, yes the decor is tired, but I actually think that adds to the charm. It was packed when we went in which I always think speaks volumes
WWW.EL-GAUCHO.NL

• Visited April 2013
Famagusta, Cyprus
“Unpretentious steak house, great tasting steaks, excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Love eating here when I'm in Rotterdam on business. Reasonable prices and a great tasting steaks. Not a pretentious place, decor is very 70's but the place to go excellent value and good service. There is a bar at the back of the restaurant as well.
I only wish they serve their steaks on a steak plate rather than a hot plate but perhaps I'm being a bit too fussy. All in all recommended.

• Visited April 2013
Barendrecht, The Netherlands
“Finally a good steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I'm craving a good steak, we'll go to this place. They serve the best Beef de Lomo that I ever had! Juicy, tender, just how it should be. You can pick different weights and different steaks. We usually go for the 300 gramm de Lomo steak. Most expensive one on the menu (30 euros) but so worthwhile! It comes with baked potatoe or chips and a salad.
Inside the restaurant it can get a bit smokey because they serve the steaks on a sizzling hot plate. Dont touch it!

• Visited January 2013