“Expensive for what it is” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht

You added Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht to your Saves list
Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Der Waalsweg 27, 2991 XN Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Expensive for what it is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's the second time I stay at this hotel, and no improvements. Rooms are clean but small, and the design is unpretty. Bathrooms are really tiny and very "sad", in terms of light.
Something that bothers me is that the smoking room is really close to the non-smoking area where you have lunch, dinner or breakfast. And the door is never closed. So you get the smell all over the place all the time. Disgusting.
Finally, the price is overrated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BastionHotelGroep, Eigenaar at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Groovemasterjay,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you had with the lack of hot water. Kindly be assured that this will be taken seriously as we always strive to meet every guests' needs. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

With sincere regards,

Team of the Bastion Hotel Groep

Families
Nottinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a party of 8 for two nights. We got it quite cheap through a late booking website so wasn't expecting much. Was pleasantly surprised by the modern building and foyer, reception staff were lovely, room was clean and basic but did have tea/coffee making facilities which was more than our friend got who stayed in a hotel three times the price nearby. Found it very quiet although it was next to a busy road. We had the hotel virtually to ourselves. It isn't close to the centre, its 3km to the train station and a 10min trip on the train to Rotterdam, but we knew this from checking a map. They were happy to organise taxi's for us. We had breakfast on the second morning which was expensive and could have been a little fresher, but ok. I'd compare it to a Premier Inn in UK. Would happily stay again. Try the steak house up the road.

• Stayed October 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Totally disapointed and No good experience for me at this time. Business reasons bring me to this Hotel. I have been for three times at this hotel, at each time I have to fill up again the form. No great expectations!!!!! Tiny rooms very rustic decoration, I found a clean cloth in my room. The network in my room works time to time....when I asked for a iron, I had to ironing over the desk, because the staff only had the iron....
Summarising if you are in business travel it is not a good option so I suggest to go other place that it doesn't bring you down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Riga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My collegue had to stay one night in this hotel end oct 2o12. He said if you like only cold water in shower, room not cleaned, breakfast no good, bad service etc, this is the hotel for you. So all in all, if you look for a good hotel, this is not the place for you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We recently stayed at the Bastion 'Hotel' (it's in fact a motel) and complained about how the property was advertised. The 'hotel's' website said it was 5 minutes by public transport from the centre of Rotterdam but the Rotterdam tourist office and the hotel staff themselves said it wasn't even technically in Rotterdam at all. The five minute trip turned out to be 30 minutes on the tram, followed by an hour's wait for a bus which, when it did arrive, we couldn't catch as the driver had never heard of the hotel. A £15 cab fare later we arrived at what turned out to be a Motel, not a hotel, in the middle of a deserted business park alongside a highway. We had a tiny room, horrible plastic cups for our tea/coffee, powdered milk for the tea, a stained bedspread - and paid Euros 95 for the privilege. This hotel has patently been mis-sold and we were sorely disappointed with our experience - the only good thing was that the staff at reception were lovely and there was a great steakhouse nearby (but out of sight). When we complained through Lastminute the owners agreed the listing was misleading but refused any kind of compensation. We went to Rotterdam to run the marathon and due to all the transport problems nearly missed our race and had to run an additional 3km to make it to the start in time due to being mislead about the transport arrangements. You could stay in a central London hotel for less. Very disappointing - and so was Lastminute's response - I won't be booking through them again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht? Share your experiences!