“It is not the hotel you expect” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht

Save Saved
You added Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht to your Saves list
Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Der Waalsweg 27, 2991 XN Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #40 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
Leeds, United Kingdom
“It is not the hotel you expect”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Totally disapointed and No good experience for me at this time. Business reasons bring me to this Hotel. I have been for three times at this hotel, at each time I have to fill up again the form. No great expectations!!!!! Tiny rooms very rustic decoration, I found a clean cloth in my room. The network in my room works time to time....when I asked for a iron, I had to ironing over the desk, because the staff only had the iron....
Summarising if you are in business travel it is not a good option so I suggest to go other place that it doesn't bring you down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Riga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My collegue had to stay one night in this hotel end oct 2o12. He said if you like only cold water in shower, room not cleaned, breakfast no good, bad service etc, this is the hotel for you. So all in all, if you look for a good hotel, this is not the place for you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We recently stayed at the Bastion 'Hotel' (it's in fact a motel) and complained about how the property was advertised. The 'hotel's' website said it was 5 minutes by public transport from the centre of Rotterdam but the Rotterdam tourist office and the hotel staff themselves said it wasn't even technically in Rotterdam at all. The five minute trip turned out to be 30 minutes on the tram, followed by an hour's wait for a bus which, when it did arrive, we couldn't catch as the driver had never heard of the hotel. A £15 cab fare later we arrived at what turned out to be a Motel, not a hotel, in the middle of a deserted business park alongside a highway. We had a tiny room, horrible plastic cups for our tea/coffee, powdered milk for the tea, a stained bedspread - and paid Euros 95 for the privilege. This hotel has patently been mis-sold and we were sorely disappointed with our experience - the only good thing was that the staff at reception were lovely and there was a great steakhouse nearby (but out of sight). When we complained through Lastminute the owners agreed the listing was misleading but refused any kind of compensation. We went to Rotterdam to run the marathon and due to all the transport problems nearly missed our race and had to run an additional 3km to make it to the start in time due to being mislead about the transport arrangements. You could stay in a central London hotel for less. Very disappointing - and so was Lastminute's response - I won't be booking through them again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Barendrecht? Share your experiences!