“I have to agree with one or...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon

Save Saved
You added Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon to your Saves list
Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Driemanssteeweg 5 | Hoek Groene Kruisweg, 3084 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #38 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
Stockport
“I have to agree with one or...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have to agree with one or two other reviews here.

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks and really got fed up of having to wait a minimum of an hour from arriving in the restaurant to receiving our food.

After a long day at work this was just too much and not acceptable.

The staff didn't seem particularly interested in trying to help and seemed to have an attitude problem.

There was also a problem with my toilet that would not flush.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor.

I am really sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our staff in assuring our perfect service. Please accept my sincere apologies for your (unfortunately) negative stay at our hotel! I do hope to welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Kind regards,

Director

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

i was staying at the bastion hotel on buisness and stayed there for two weeks, the rooms were clean but the food was absolutely terrible and that is if you got it, waiting times for the food varied from receipt of order, but on an average about an hour and twenty minutes and believe me it was not worth the wait the menu is repetitive and boring, also some of the staff are very arrogant and i found it was like they felt they were doing you a favor by serving you, and you should feel lucky, well if you are thinking of staying at this hotel trust me don't, you are not treated with any respect and the food is terrible. just don't do it

Room Tip: go to another hotel with friendly staff
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review regarding Bastion Deluxe Hotel Rotterdam Rhoon on Tripadvisor. First of all, I wish to offer our apologies for your unfortunate stay at this hotel.

Your opinion is very importrant to us and will help us to increase our service. For this reason we will treat your review very seriously and we will discuss your points of criticism with our management and hotel staff.

Kind regards,

Director
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a small to medium sized hotel , their greatest asset is their staff, they are warm and friendly.
I ate in the restaurant very good watch out for the big portions.
Nice range of beer and wine
Great to have free Wi-Fi rare for a Dutch hotel
I had a good peaceful night’s sleep which is what we all need on business

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.
I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Rotterdam.

With kind regards,
Paynesville, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have just come back from 2 weeks in Rotterdam where I visited my husband who is working over there for a month. We stayed at the Bastion as that is where his company has all their staff staying. The hotel is out of the city, definately not walking distance, costs between 21 - 25 euro by taxi from Rotterdam central. But it is convenient to the industrial areas of Rotterdam, hence there are a lot of workers, mostly men, staying here. The hotel room was clean, smallish by Australian standards, about the size of a normal 3 star motel. There were two single beds, the hotel doesn't have any rooms with double or queen size beds. The bathroom has a shower, basin and toilet. There is a bench in the main area with a small bar fridge, flat screen TV with loads of channels, CNN etc. also free wifi in the rooms. Downstairs there is a gym which only has 3 pieces of cardio equipment, the instructions are all in Dutch so good luck trying to program them! (just push the green quick start button!) There is also a large dining room, bar and a free internet station. The staff were helpful if there was any problems. I was a bit disappointed with the Tea & Coffee making facilities in the room. There were no china drinking cups or glasses provided. Only two very small paper cups, 2 small plastic spoons, 2 sachets of coffee, 2 sachets of creamer etc.per day, plastic drinking cups and plastic wine cups were provided. This might be standard in Europe, I can't say, but it wouldn't happen in Oz. We ate some meals in the dining room which were nice, not a large menu but the food was good. However as an alternative there is another restaurant closeby, Heeren Van Charlois, which is really lovely. It has very comfortable chairs, great atmosphere, good food & wine and a charming host who is very attentive. There is also a Macdonalds across the road (if you want to eat crap). There is also a supermarket about 10 minutes walk away which is very convenient, we bought a jar of coffee and milk etc.
A big downside for me or anyone staying here for a vacation, was the location but as my husband was there for work I had no choice. However I overcame this by asking the staff about the public transport system in Rotterdam and then doing my own research on the internet, and figured out that I could catch a bus closeby to hotel to the Slinge Metro station, then catch the train (one leaves every 5 minutes) into the city. I did this most days and can say I felt perfectly safe, although I didn't use it at night so I can't vouch for safety then. If you do decide to do this, ask the bus driver for a 2 hour pass, 3.50 euro, this allows you to travel on the bus, train and trams for 2 hours. The Slinge Metro station is also within walking distance of the hotel, about 25 minutes, if you prefer to walk. Rotterdam has lots of museums and interesting places to visit and amazing shopping in the city! It is definately worth a visit. One tip though, if you go to the tourist info centre, grab one of their maps of the walking tour of the city but also buy a proper map of Rotterdam to get your bearings.

Room Tip: We were in the deluxe room, but I don't know what the difference is.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hlohovec, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Modern hotel, situated in the outskirts of Rotterdam, close to many business areas of the city.
My room was clean, and there was a free wifi. Great breakfast.
Will stay again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights, just really for sleeping didn’t really use much of the facilities. It’s on the southern outskirts of the city

The hotel is fairly modern with an open ground floor providing a bar and restaurant area that doubles up for breakfast. It’s pleasant and simple, but not five star. Check in/out was fine, I was upgraded to an executive room but it looked the same as a normal room in other hotels so it may be the normal rooms are smaller and less equipped. I had flat screen TV, mini bar, walk in shower and free wifi throughout the hotel. There is a small gym with what looks like four pieces of equipment on the ground floor.

Plenty of parking, next to a busy road but my room was round the back and sound proofed so didn’t notice, petrol station over the road and McDonalds next door if it takes your fancy. Nothing else of note in the vicinity.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Bastion hotel is one of a chain, the hotel in Rotterdam is fairly new. Rooms are small but adequate,two separate beds, free Wifi in the room, friendly and efficiënt check-in and -out.
Breakfast is good, dinner average. It is a pity that the smoking lounge is situated next to the restaurant, and the door is usually left open so you can smell the smoke in the restaurant. I got up several times to close the door, but the smokers going in and out left the door open.
The hotel is located close to Ahoy Exhibition center, takes only 5 minutes by car to gewt there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Bastion Hotel Rotterdam/Rhoon? Share your experiences!