“A good time in Rotterdam” 4 of 5 stars

You added Grand Hotel Central to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kruiskade 12, 3012 EH Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
“A good time in Rotterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Nice Hostel in central Rotterdam, clean rooms and really comfy beds! Very helpful and friendly receptionistin. Good place to stay a couple of nights while visiting Rotterdam. It's not a huge city and you can pretty much walk everywhere from the Hostel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is horrible!!! The room was stinking, there was huge humidity, toilet flush didn't work, windows were broken and downstairs was very loud disco till 5 o'clock! However, the most horrible is that I have been bitten by bed bugs! I have more than 50 bites... This hotel should be immediately closed!

• Stayed March 2015
Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

Despite the mixed reviews I have read about this hotel, our stay was pleasant. My family and I had 2 rooms and stayed 1 night. The hotel is in a great location and an easy walk from Rotterdam Central station. There are some great restaurants and shopping in the area. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful and when we arrived at 11 am they said they had a couple of rooms ready that we could have. The lift was rather old but seemed to work ok, albeit slow. The corridors could do with some new carpet and a coat of paint but they were not dark and dingy. The room was very basic but the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot and had good pressure. There was tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The room we had was noisy at night, we stayed here on a Friday night, and the music from some local nightclub went until 2 am or some late hour but we managed to doze regardless. The main problem with the room was the heating was very hard to control, it was either all on or all off. The breakfast we had in the morning was excellent, there was plenty of choice from basic continental to full English breakfast to local dutch treats. This hotel was not expensive and even though it was basic I believe it was value for money. Great location.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

A nice Comfortable bed, clean sheets. Friendly and helpful staff. Good shower and hot running water. Modern TV. Excellent location.
Would definitely stay here again. For what we paid (£36 pn) it's a bargain.

• Stayed January 2015
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

We stayed in this hotel for 8 days in late December and came here on Business. We just took the normal IC train from Schiphol airport of Amsterdam to Rotterdam Central station ( around travel time of 45 minutes ) and the hotel is just 7-8 minutes' walk. The check-in process was quick and receptionists were helpful and friendly. They helped us a lot on attractions and explained them to us.

The room was on high floor facing the front and the street noise at midnight can be greatly reduced by closing the windows. The water pressure in the shower was OK and the cleaning maids kept our room very clean and tidy. Just unluckily, the Lift needed maintenance for a few days, but climbing the staircases was not difficult.

The buffet breakfast was OK and tasty with varieties in ham, cheese as well as having hot sausages and peas. We felt energetic and full when meeting our Business partners after the daily breakfast. On our spare time after Business, and with advice from staff, we went Shopping in nearby Lijjbaan and Coolsingel streets, as well as West Kruiskade. Thus, the hotel is rather convenient for shopping as well as trying different Cuisines and having Drinks at nights. Also, within walking distance from the Hotel, we may visit the Laurenkerk, Stadhuis, Kunsthal Rotterdam, Museum Boijmans, ...,as well as walking near the Easmusbrug to hav better Views around. We went to neighbouring districts easily from the Hotel by Metro and trams.
On our next business trip to Rotterdam, we would stay in this hotel again for various reasons stated above.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the front to have better View; But in case for light sleepers, it is suggested to...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

My partner and I visited this hotel in December on a city break. We were meant to go to Bruges however a port strike in Zebrugge changed our plans. We wanted a hotel which was central and booked this one as some of the reviews were not too bad. We arrived mid morning and asked if we could leave our bags in the luggage room until we could check in. The receptionist informed us that there was a room available anyway and she proceeded to check us in. We got in the lift to the second floor and walked down a dark corridor with really worn out carpet. We reached our room and opened the door and were very disappointed. The room was very bare with thread bare carpet. The room was very warm and smelled really musty. The bathroom was the worst bathroom I have ever seen. It was something akin to a prison cell. Pipes were exposed, the shower cubicle was horrendous. The sink was so big that we had to squeeze past it to get to the toilet. I stopped counting the stains on the bed at seven. My partner and I were so disappointed that we decided not to stay the night and we managed to get back on the ferry. I am not one to complain for complaining sake but this hotel is in desperate need of redecorating etc. A lick of paint and new carpets go along way. Don't get me wrong the location is great but when we paid nearly 60€ for the room - I expected more than what this hotel was offering.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

The Grand Hotel Centraal Rotterdam is a decent functional hotel- it has satisfactory to good standards of accomodation, although it needs some redecoration. The room was as described, acceptably clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and the wi fi and TV worked well. There were coffee and tea making supplies in the room. The hotel is in a very convenient location, only about ten minutes' walk, or a five minute taxi ride, from the main railway station. Unfortunately I did not get to try the included breakfast because I had to catch a very early train.

The staff were very pleasant. One member of the hotel staff was very understanding when I had to change my booking before I arrived. They helped me with a taxi in the morning so i was able to catch my train.

Best of all, the Grand Hotel Centraal welcomed my cat Milo. He was very happy to have a rest break in this nice hotel and he and I both slept very well.

Overall this hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hotel Central? Share your experiences!