“Good hotel in the city centre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Atlanta Rotterdam

Save Saved
You added NH Atlanta Rotterdam to your Saves list
NH Atlanta Rotterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coolsingel/Aert van Nesstraat, 4 | City Center, Cool, Stadsdriehoek, 3012CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Cool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
Scotland
“Good hotel in the city centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights.

Location is excellent, right in the city centre. You can either get off at Rotterdam Centraal or Rotterdam Blaak if travelling from Amsterdam on the train; they are both close to the hotel.

Check in was quick, easy and friendly.

The hotel is clean and has an art-deco feel to it. I particularly liked the lobby.

Rooms were average in size, bathroom was modern, clean and well appointed. The rooms were very dark though as there are really only lamps and no ceiling lighting which makes the rooms slightly dull.

Beds were comfortable, room service expensive ( 5 euro service charge on top of order), minibar prices not too bad to be fair.

What really annoyed me with this hotel was how intrusive the housekeeping team were. On two occasions they came barging into our room without giving us the opportunity to answer the door. I find this really rude and they should know better. On one occasion I was getting ready as they marched in!! This was at 1930 for housekeeping- I don't think so!

A real well done to the gentleman that works in the bar; an absolutely fantastic person, so kind and looked after us well during our trip. He is a credit to the hotel and his service was exceptional. There were 12 of us travelling and each of the group had real positive things to say about him. Thank you.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night. We booked a standard room at a very affordable bargain price. The room was small but clean and the bath room was fine too, so no complaints there. The room was on the street side though and the windows were thin, so we did have quite some noise from the streets at night.
Apart from that, no complaints really. The hotel itself looks quite nice and the location is perfect, right in the middle of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street as the windows are thin and there is quite some noise in the str...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Booked a room 6 weeks in advance in NH's half-price flash sale, so got an absolute bargain - alas the chain doesn't seem to do these flash sales any more !
Booked into the cheapest range of rooms - I think it was called standard, but am certain I didn't pay for a higher quality than the lowest available.
Hotel is located near the shopping / office centre of Rotterdam - admittedly not a visually attractive area, but convenient. Arrived about 9 pm - checkin was quick and efficient. Reception asked if I'd stayed at an NH hotel which I have a few times. No idea if this was the cause and not reason to believe it was, but ended up with a very large room. The hotel is on the corner of 2 main roads - requested a quiet room and was given one.
Bathroom was fine - the only thing I might pick up was that the pillows were a little bit small, but even if I'd paid the full room price, this would be a very minor point.
Breakfast was fine for me - while I've seen better elsewhere, more than ample to fill my stomach without my becoming a fat dumpling.
While the rooms are conventional, reception does look really rather good with all the 1930s styling - it feels like you're staying in a grand old dame of a hotel who still has her looks and flair despite her age.

Yes, you probably can spend 300 euros to find somewhere more luxurious in Rotterdam, but if budget is limited, this place will do very nicely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rotterdam, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

NH hotel is a great location, I have been here for 3 days complaining about the ventilation hood above the stove, when I first open the ventilation to start cooking dust fell into my food. I looked under the hood and it seems like it hasn't been cleaned in years. We had people come look at it and still the same....cannnot believe it. I understand the technician do not work on weekends. We must suffer and go out to eat until this problem is solved. I rented an apartment to save money. I will not cook on the stove with the thick dust above it. This will be my last stay at NH.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel has ideas above it's station, booked an Executive room but on arrival placed in a room that was on par with basic Ibis hotel standard. Wi-Fi is free but to be honest is a joke as each page takes forever to load unless you pay for the premium service. Bill on check out is loaded with city taxes, I have to ask why? Do they not want us to visit the place ever again. Expensively disadvantaged, never again.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on the website and if the room offered does not meet expectation ask for your m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is in a greate location, close to what ever in Rotterdam.

Saayie in a Junior Suite, small and very dark room, large bathroom. Advertisement say hardwood floor, iin the room we had was it laminate (plastic) floor. Ok Internet for free, needed to call several timer to have it back working and need to ask reception for a new login code every day. room we had was against "backyard" very quiet on the positive side on the nevative side is it very dark in the room and "backyard" is a breadinground for moskitos, keep your windows closed. HOTEL NEED TO CLEAN "BACKYARD" AND CLOSE IT OFF WITH A NET FOR PIDGINS.

Room Tip: Stay away from room against backyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alicante, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

After reading other reviews I wonder if I we were all staying in the same hotel....
Yes, the Internet was a bit slow, not a big deal, but it was free. My understanding is that the whole hotel is wifi and free, regardless of room rate.
Breakfast I thought was fantastic and a very reasonable price at 15 euros, compared to other hotels in Rotterdam. It catered to all dietary needs/ diets/ restrictions/ organic (with a wide variety of fruit, veg/ salad bar, cheese, pancakes, eggs, cereals, juices, yogurts, cold cuts, breads, sweets, proper coffee, jams, nuts, ect). It also has a very nice view and most importantly on Sundays they serve until 11 am!
We did have a large room, facing internally, therefore noise was no problem whatsoever. In fact we slept with our window open, although a few pesky mosquitoes made us close it. The aircon worked fine when we put it it on. The room was clean, tidy, and yes, dark. There were plenty of lamps for a nice cosy glow, but due to the fact they are all energy saving light bulbs I did actually have to bring my socks into the bathroom to make sure they matched.
When we arrived for check in, in the evening, we saw that the toilet seat was cracked. We informed them at the font desk and by the next day it was changed.
All of the staff was very warm and friendly, couldn't find fault with their service.
I would stay there again, no doubt. But perhaps after reading other reviews I would make ure I have an interior room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to NH Atlanta Rotterdam? Share your experiences!