“Unexpected stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hotel Centrum

You added Euro Hotel Centrum to your Saves list
Euro Hotel Centrum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baan 14-20, 3011 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)   |
Ranked #41 of 54 Hotels in Rotterdam
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Unexpected stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night as my room booked at the Breitner Hotel was not available due to technical reasons. I arrived here with some trepidation as the Breitner has arranged this alternative for me.
Check in was smooth and unproblematic as they were expecting me.
The room was medium size with a nice comfortable bed and general clean.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic with the breakfast room being far too small for the coach party which was staying there that said there was enough food for all.
The hotel is nicely situated near to the Maritime Museum.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Last month I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and I must say that it is really a nice accommodation. Rooms are intelligently designed according to needs of all types of travelers. Bed was super comfortable and washroom was very clean. Breakfast was amazing and other meals were also good. Quality and choice of food both were perfect. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Alarm bells should have rung when on arriving at this so called "hotel" they took payment for the whole 3 nights up front instead of using our card number as a security. Lesson learnt - always look at the room before you commit to anything! The sheets had been changed but that was all. The dust was thick there were yellowing dribbles on walls and the raidiator. The bathroom was filthy, well everything was filthy and the smell..... SEWAGE with an undertone of very old cigarettes and dirt. The furniture was broken. My husband compained in the morning to a receptionist who really could not care less. She told him they were fully booked for the duration of our stay but would 'phone if anything became available, she didn't 'phone. And so I wasted a whole day trying to find accomodation where I would not be afraid to put my head on the pillow. I have never been to a hotel before where there has not been soap to wash your hands in the bathroom or a kettle, but the biggest problem was the shear filth of this place. I still have bites, I wonder if these were picked up here? We did find a squashed bug in one of the beds! We have asked for our money back but have been told "This dust comes directly from the dry cleaned bed sheets. After making your bed this dust stays in the air and falls down after leaving and always sticks to everything" what utter rubbish! also ... "We found it a little bit unfair that we are blamed for having smoke stains on our walls while our walls and heating used to be yellow because of paint" More rubbish - see the photographs. Be warned, don't stay here, I would have rather have slept on a park bench. ...Oh and have just been offered a free nights stay.. Good god no!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. It is a "budget " hotel, but still, I found it too expensive for what it offers. The room I got was clean but really small. Heating couldn't be put off during the night and it was really too hot. The other major problem was the noise coming from rooms next door: the walls seems to be as thin as cardboard!! Apart from this, the hotel has free wifi, and the staff is really nice. And it is very central.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just needed a simple place to stay overnight in Rotterdam, and the Euro Hotel delivered. It's conveniently located to the subway. Ignore Google Maps and follow the directions from the hotel; they are very good and accurate. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rate, at 50 euros, was very reasonable considering the high prices of most hotels in Rotterdam.

Check-in is a little confusing because the check-in desk is up a flight of stairs, but below the first floor. So, if you take the elevator up, you overshoot it.There is an elevator to the room floors that is accessible either up or down one flight of stairs. If multiple people are traveling with lots of luggage, it's better to leave someone on the bottom floor with the bags and send someone else upstairs to register and get the keys to avoid lugging bags upstairs and downstairs again.

The room was tiny, sort of clean (dust bunnies lurked under the bed and under the radiator but the bathroom and bed sheets were clean) and I wonder how two people would fit on the small bed. Fortunately I was traveling alone. The mattress was old and kind of lumpy, but I managed to find a comfortable position.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was a surprisingly rich spread with cereal, breads, meats, pastries, yogurt and more. The hotel was kind enough to store my bags for the day and returned them in good order late in the day.

Overall, an average experience for a budget hotel. The room was a little below average, but the service and breakfast are above average. This earns my rating of Average. Please do note that I am a very tough reviewer, and not even high-end five star properties have earned an Excellent review from me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Braintree, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had the misfotune of selecting your hotel as given us by Budget Places.from night one we were bitten by fleas only finding evidence for sure on the third day of our stay,we were given an alternative room this was okay,our big problem was mosquitos biting us.Our other complaint was the lack of provision of tea /coffee making devices,something I have not experienced in the last 15 years or so of hotel stays.I did fill in your questionaire citing the above mentioned complaints ,to date I have had no reply.Your staff were very helpful,they could not be faulted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked this hotel from 29th june 2012 till 30th june 2012, as we saw on booking.com that the hotel had a review score of 7.4/10 and it was a bargain, but if we had known what we know now, we had never booked this hotel!
The first room we got (room 314) was as small as a phone booth (which was okay, as we knew this as we booked). First we thought: The room is okay (There wasn't a real good light in the room, so it was still dark in the room). But then as we looked closer, it was a mess!
-Everywhere dirt and hair! In the bed, in the bathroom, on the walls....
-Big brown spots on the curtains...
-Bloodspots on the mattress (which were see-able through the tick)
So we got another room! This room (room 311) wasn't better!
-The mattress cover (we took the tick away to look) had plenty of big brown spots, and everywhere long black hair on it!
-The mattress itself also had many big brown and blood spots on it
-The curtains big brown spots
-The windows and windows shelf really dirty
-In the room (wall, floor etc) every dust, big brown spots and hair
-Not possible to sit decently on the toilet! (The toilet cover was fixed under the water container)!
-The rest of the bathroom also dirty
We didn't go again to the reception to complain, because if 2 rooms aren't clean, I think no room will be clean, so we endured the night.
So as we were on our way to the reception to check out, we saw the housekeeping storage room: looking like a trash-deposit! The towels were just piled on to another (some lying on the housekeeping trolley, some lying on the floor).
At the checkout, we complained about our room (we extra took the mattress cover to proof! And also made pictures), the lady at the reception just listened everything and her answer was: ''Our manager is just here from monday to friday on business hours! So you have to write an email, so maybe it is then possible to fix your problem.''
We never wrote any email to the hotel, as it for us just a big fat deception.
As for us, we are sure to never go back again and to not advise this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple