“Pleasantly surprised” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Top Euro Hotel Centrum

Save Saved
You added Top Euro Hotel Centrum to your Saves list
Top Euro Hotel Centrum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baan 14-17, 3011 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)   |
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Having read mixed reviews about this hotel and taking into account the strength of the Euro and high cost of accommodation we booked in for a few days on a visit to see our son.
Alright its a bit basic but it is well positioned for the shops, restaurants and night jife. Yes the rooms are a bit small but the staff were great and it was a nice breakfast. There is a small bar with reasonable prices too.
We reported that our toilet seat was broken and as the whole toilet needed replacing we were moved to a a large suite with whirlpool bath, kingsize bed and a large LCD tv at no extra cost.
We thought the hotel was good value for money and will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: First digit of room number is floor. Higher the other numbers are, the further the room is from the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Cambridgeshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

If you're travelling for work purposes, need to be in central Rotterdam for an early start and are looking for basic accommodation that doesn't warrant spending more than necessary, this place is probably for you.

During our visit to the Netherlands, Euro Hotel Centrum provided my wife and I with a basic, travelodge style, twin room that still showed signs of the late seventies / early eighties heritage of the building - which is basically a concrete block in a side street off of the main drag heading south towards the Erasmus bridge. Immediately next door, a former fire station has been converted into a nursery school.

The good bits:

Location - approx ten minute' walk from Rotterdam Central station and five minutes walk from central Rotterdam's main shopping and restaurant area and Pathe cinema and Casino Holland complexes.

Clean bed linen, and fully functional ensuite with plenty of hot water when needed. Towels changed daily.

Er . . . that's it.

Not so good bits.

Not a single room in this hotel is smoking. As the windows in our room on the third floor could not be opened more than a few inches, my wife had to get dressed and walk down to the hotel entrance for a cigarette. The hotel makes it clear they impose a EURO 150.00 penalty on any guest caught smoking in their room (smoke detectors are fitted) - and if they have your credit card details I've no doubt they'll take it and argue the matter afterwards.

No air-con, and even with the temperature controls set to the minimum our room was hotter than we would have liked. So the windows stayed open with all of the subsequent problems of noise from the main street which our room overlooked - on our first night we were woken at 6.30am by the refuse truck clearing dumpsters, again at 7.20am by an HGV delivering a skip (the diesel engine ran for 40 minutes right under our window) and two men digging up the street directly opposite our room from about the same time. None of this is the fault of the hotel of course, but it did mean we gave up any hope of any peace and left the hotel probably an hour and a half before we planned to. For balance, on the following morning (Saturday) the street was quite peaceful.

No tea/coffee making facilities in our room. This cheeses me off whereever I travel as providing this amenity costs peanuts but makes all the difference. As we chose not to take breakfast at the hotel (at a EURO 10.00 per person supplement), we had to get dressed and leave the hotel just to get a cup of coffee. I'm sure the duty receptionist would have rustled us one up if we'd asked, but frankly the hotel being what it is we preferred to find a local cafe.

Would I stay here again? Unlikely. In fact I'm not sure I'd stay in Rotterdam again - as a city it's an ugly concrete metropolis with little of cultural note to warrant an overnight stay. If we go back we'll stay in Delft, which is only fifteen minutes from Rotterdam by train (with a return fare being just EURO 6.30) and much more remeniscent of "ye oldy twee Holland", with canals, churches, etc as well a the more modern aspects.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ludhiana, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

To get there;
Eurohotel or Top Euro hotel is a small hotel located in a quiet part of Rotterdam which would be difficult to find using public transport unless you have done some google map research prior to embarking. Well once you get to Rotterdam Centraal get the Lift to reach the Metro. Prior to that you can either buy tickets from the STIB information centre or buy a Rotterdam Card (includes all public transport) from the Tourist Information close by. Get down at the Leuvehaven station which is 2 stations from Centraal. You cannot get on the wrong metro as all trains start from the Centraal and travel towards Leuvehaven. Exit the main manned entrance of the station. Once you reach the surface you notice the Erasmus bridge. Walk away from the bridge about 20 m and you will see a flight of stairs that reach the "Baan" in about 30m. Turn left and walk about 150 metres to reach the hotel. At the turn there is a what looks like a fire-station.

Good.

1. Though initially little difficult to find. Once you get your bearings the hotel is located close to most of the attractions (which are few) in Rotterdam and the rest is accessible by metro and tram.

2. I think this should be the cheapest hotel with ensuite bathroom in Rotterdam.

3. The rooms are clean.

4. Internet is not free but there is a flat charge of 5 euros for the 2 days I spent there.

Bad Points

1. The rooms are tiny.... really tiny. I had asked for a single room and I felt i was in an attic. The furniture is old and could very well have belonged to your grandmother. The lift is 1967 model and the doors do not open automatically. So once you reach your floor you need to push the door or you may spend extra time going up and down (like I did when I first used it)

2. The reception is at the Mezzanine floor along with the restaurant. The only problem with that is the lift does not stop at this floor. So if you have lugged your luggage to the reception then you will have to lug it down to the ground floor to get the lift. but you can always leave your luggage in the ground floor and get check in and then get to your room. The check in is quick.

3. There are no useful plug points in my room to charge my computer and phone. But you can always unplug the TV and use that point.

4. There is what looks like a dance club at the back of the hotel. But there was no loud music on both the day I was staying there (Sat/Sun). I am not sure what happens on Fridays.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Located a bit away from the station (expensive by taxi), the rooms were clean, big, there was a large bathtub, and heating was good (it was snowing but the rooms were warm). The housekeeping thoughtfully leaves sweets after making the beds.

However, if you are a light sleeper, be careful - soundproofing is poor and you can hear all the excitement in the passageway.

On the whole, it is probably hte best value for money in Rotterdam.

The free internet is very good (no other hotel in Rotterdam offered free internet - they were all expensive), but you must reload pages every 10 minutes.

• Liked — Close to the museum
  • Disliked — Noisy passageway
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ukraine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

When we went to this hotel we expected clean budget accommodation in the close to the city center of Rotterdam, and when we got there it was almost what we expected.

Our experience in Eurohotel was really the worst not because workers who were fixing the building from outside woke us up by banging on the window in the morning or because chef in kitchen uniform was cleaning the rooms.
The worst was when due to the reception mistake day before our departure they packed our suitcase when we were in the city and moved them to the storage room. So when we got back in the evening reception was trying to find some excuses but still moved us another room which was really noise.
I defiantly would not recommend staying in this hotel!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cologne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Dancing school in the back of the hotel causes noise at the evenings.
Rooms are clean but not very comfortable. Weird stains on the ceiling.
Hotel is advertised with Wireless internet, 50 minutes Internet cost about 6 euro via kpn networks but couldn´t find the kpn server in the whole hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Yes, the rooms are pretty sparse but the price can't be beat. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough, which is all I need. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. When I arrived my room was not yet ready, they offered me a tea or coffee (for free) while I waited. When I realised I left my mobile phone charger at home, I asked for their help and they gave me (to keep) a charger from their box of "stuff other guests have left behind". The street it is on is very quiet, great for getting some sleep. The area is wonderful -- go have a fabulous meal at Bazar around the corner, and see what's on at the Witte de With/tent art gallery, also around the corner. In short, not an ideal hotel for a romantic getaway but if you just want a clean, quiet room to sleep in that's well located, with helpful staff, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Top Euro Hotel Centrum? Share your experiences!