“Very Nice Stayed at the Manhattan in October for a long weekend,” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weena 686, 3012 CN Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Stayed at the Manhattan in October for a long weekend,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and myself stayed in the Mannhattan in October for a long weekend,
The Hotel was very nice, lovely rooms with a good breakfast
The City is clean with lots of trams and bikes everywhere.
Take a boat trip in the port if you can,
Also the train station is superb.
Next door there is a lovely restaurant.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Manhattan Hotel for a business trip. The stay was comfortable, rooms are nice and spacious. The complementary usage of the conference room with all the facilities of tea, coffee etc being available is a very good plus point. So if you are travelling on business and want to hold meetings in a convenient and comfortable setting this is a good choice. The location is very also very convenient - you can just walk it from the station offering good connectivity to the airport and other locations.
The staff was courteous and help full.
Overall a good stay would recommend the same.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Royston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

this is a fresh clean hotel right opposite the Central station. There is a connecting bridge to the de Doelen conference centre. Breakfast is rather expensive at €28, so better to get an inclusive rate. Executive rooms very comfortable. Free wifi

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed here for three nights before heading to Amsterdam. The hotel is in an ideal location just opposite the station. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. Our room was lovely, clean and a fab size.

The breakfast was unreal! Fantastic choice and on offer right up until 11am.

Only one little issue, the first night we had dinner in the Brasserie, It was a Monday and very quiet, maybe five tables in total. The service was very slow, the food was okay but slow service really dampened our experience. If our wine had of been pour faster or left on the table for easy reach we would have spent a lot more money. We felt breakfast the next morning made up for this as it was so good.

Overall the Manhattan is a lovely hotel and we had a fab stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved this hotel. We stayed four days. Large, comfortable room. Everything about this hotel is spacious--the lobby, the beautiful restaurant. Great view from our room of the new modern train station across a large plaza. (Especially lovely at night when it is lit up.)
Easy to get to as it is across from train station. The breakfast buffet is marvelous. Best that we had anywhere. We did have a service issue our last day, but I asked to speak to a manager. She was most apologetic and made a good effort to make it up to us. We found the entire staff friendly. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been a regular customer of this hotel for many years. In general rooms have been ok, sometimes I have been surprised by poorer service in the restaurant. Last week I stayed again at the hotel. Check in was unfriendly, especially for a guest who comes four times a year and is very friendly welcomed in all other 5 Star hotels, as a regular customer often greeted by name. I asked for the FD (Dutch paper) for the next morning.
My room was a corner room on one of the executive floors. Since I had repeatedly asked after bad experiences with such rooms - too cold, too light in the morning- to add to my profile that such rooms should not be given to me anymore I was irritated, but was after hours long traffic jams in NL too exhausted to ask for another room and stayed. Next morning was no FD at my door. I called at 0830h and was promised that it would be sent immideately. Nothing until 0930h. In the lift I read the wish of Management for feedback on Tripadvisor. What triggered however my present negative reaction was the behavior of the young lady at my check out. She asked me the standard question - how was your stay - with obviously not expecting an honest answer. I mentioned the FD not being delivered and received the comment that it had not come that day. My question why I had not been called back triggered no reaction. Then I told her about the corner room and wether that had not been entered into the profile. She looked into the computer, and when I added to my question she reacted with the sniffy comment that she could not comment while she was checking the Computer. I really was irritated about such a snooty behavior - personally and professionally as a long time guest of a hotel which claims 5 Stars!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

stayed here for two night for conference next door. Regular room was fine, very comfy bed, bathroom with separate shower, illy coffee maker in room, free wifi all over. Complained about hot stuffy room and bad sleep to reception, which they took very seriously and managed very kindly and accurately. Were moved to cooler room with great view. Very nice and courteous service. Breakfast comfortable room with good standard options. Paid parking in public undergound garage with direct access to hotel

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!