“Is this one of the best hotel @ tripadvisor?” 3 of 5 stars

The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weena 686, 3012 CN Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Is this one of the best hotel @ tripadvisor?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say but i have a big expectations of a hotel. But i can't find what special is on this hotel. Service was not special or attentive. Room is simple. No free wi-fi! Most of the place have free wi-fi but if you want to use you need to pay additional so that means pay more for your room. okay, beside of this i would like to treat my self so i went to the brasserie at early evening. The restaurant looks they are closing..8:15pm at saturday evening..have asked the staff who standing in the bar..he said they are setting up the restaurant after a busy night but still...i won't have dinner in my own when staffs are starting to close...a little disappointed but i have to expect this...really dutch...

• Stayed September 2013
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mandykenny,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and sharing your thoughts online. Your comments are higly valuable to us as it is with this information we are able to improve our services.

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations throughout your stay; needless to say this kind of experience is not what we envisage for our guests.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back though and show you our true passion for hospitality; if you are planning a future visit, please contact me personally so I can take care of your next stay.

With kind regards,
Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Almere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were staying in a double room on the 10th floor. From there, we had a great view over Rotterdam! The hotel is an impressive high building right opposite the main train station of Rotterdam. Theatre, movie theatre, shopping centre and restaurants are located right next to the hotel. Our room was spacious, with 2 separate large beds with nice soft pillows. The bathroom had a bathtub and a separate shower. There were coffee (espresso) and tea facilities in the room. We had breakfast in the hotel, which was until 01:30 in the afternoon on Sunday! There was plenty of fresh food, including fresh fruit, fish, meat, cheeses, yoghurt etc. Also baked beans, sausages and scrambled egg. Coffee and tea were served and refilled at the table.

Room Tip: I am not sure if you have a good view from the rooms lower than 10th floor, because some may face a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear ShoshanaSuzan,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your preferred place to stay and sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor-community. I am proud to learn that you enjoyed an excellent stay in the great city of Rotterdam and value both the location as the products & services.

I have to agree that the view from the 10th floor is rather impressive, also from other floors though the scenery is attractive.

Again, thank you for your kind words, I will make sure there are shared within the hotel. We look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Stavanger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of city center, it is clean, has big comfortable rooms and beds, lovely breakfast and the staff is very service minded. You will not get dissappointed if you choose this hotel whilst spending some days in this beatifull city of modern architecture. I can recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Cecilie F,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in the great city of Rotterdam; thank you very much for your stay and your recommendation for fellow travelers online.

In case of planning a future visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally take care of your reservation giving us the opportunity extend you with warm, personal and bespoke Manhattan service!

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hotel is situated close to the train station.

rooms are comfortable, very nice beds, we had a superior room .. Mind there are no regular rooms.. Hotl crap.. You think you get a special room... :-)
We stayed on the fifth floor...

If you want to go higher up and get a bigger room, they offer it for 25 euro a night ...

Rooms are not very big, but comfortable, good drawer and shrank space, bathroom with bathtub. Rooms have AC, cannot open windows.. Stuffy..

Personnel is very friendly and helpful, room service is good and rooms are clean...

Negative...
Minibar.. Don't touch it, what you save in room prize, you will pay for the drinks,

no movie channel on tv.. Of course all that is extra... For a fee,

Wifi is not very stable....crashes several times ....

Breakfast is ok, but if I had to pay for it, it is not worth 28 euro...
All together a nice hotel, comfortable and I would stay there again....

Room Tip: Higher floor for the view.. Other than that... Does not matter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rubia1956

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would consider staying with us again on a future visit.

Another thank you on sharing some improvement points you experienced throughout your stay; since this is an important way of recognizing critical factors for any organization: I will share your comments within the management in order to take appropriate measures.

Again, thank you for your stay, I look forward to welcome you back in the city of Rotterdam.

Kind regards,
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

right across the street from Centraal Station
never felt unsafe around the area even at 6.30 am when we had to take Thalys to Paris
lijnban and beursplein are right behind the hotel
great for shopping, albeit the shops close very early in my standard

room was the largest of all the 6 hotels we stayed during the trip
even with the extra bed and desk, there was a lot of space to move around
and the room was very clean too. bed very comfortable
the bathroom was superb
too bad the breakfast was expensive. had to opt out.

Dear JaySiauw,

Thank you very much for choosing the Manhattan hotel as your preferred place to stay and posting your experiences online on this website. We attach a lot of importance to your feedback and are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to note you value the quality of the room and the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you back in Rotterdam anytime!

Lutterworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed at the manhattan hotel on way from Calais to duinell. Booked two rooms for a family of 5 requesting ( and getting ) adjacent rooms for a total of £108 on Expedia including breakfast and free wifi. This is probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were very large with the most comfortable beds I have slept in for some time. Breakfast was a delight. Buffet style with a vast array of food available including breakfast cereal, hot "English " breakfast and some lovely fresh fruit. Staff were extremely pleasant.
The hotel is opposite the central railway station and close to the shopping centre. The surrounding area is currently being renovated but this was a very minor issue.
The only negative is that parking in the secured parking close to the hotel was 27 euros a day and looking at the on street parking close by this started at 0.5 euros for 9 minutes! Even if you add in the parking two rooms bed and breakfast cost us less than £135 for 2 rooms and I would think that this would be difficult to beat for value anywhere in Europe. My children have said that this is the best bit of (an excellent) holiday and are suggesting that we arrange next years holiday around a stay at the manhattan hotel!

Dear Graham J,

What a pleasure to read your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us. I am really happy to learn that we were able to provide such a pleasant and memorable stay for you and your family.

With regards to next year’s holiday; we all look forward to welcome you back in The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam! Please contact me personally on youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com in case I can assist with bookings.

Youp Bimbergen - Guest Relations Manager
Rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

First, I have to mention that I am not used to stay in 5 star hotels but due to an very good offer me and my girlfriend had a wonderful weekend at the Manhatten. In my eyes the staff was very friendly and helped us out if we needed any help. The rooms were really nice and we had a great view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Steffen M.

Thank you very much for staying with us on your weekend break, in your own city! I really appreciate your words of appraisal and will certainly share them within our teams.
I am especially pleased to learn that you highly enjoyed the friendly service and helpful staff during your service.

I hope to be able welcome you and your girlfriend back in the hotel some day.

Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!